Sign in to follow this  
Kallimachos

Tree Felling Etiquette

I'm a brand new player with a tree question.  Are there designated areas in the newbie area to fell trees or can I just step out of the settlement and fell trees?

if you can get an sickle and pick sprouts before you cut and then plant the tree back for the next guy. At first you might fail a lot but do what you can :)

Good to check that it's not somebody's perimeter by examining the ground.

If the trees are inside a village, it will prevent you from cutting it down.

Usually safest to just cut trees in large forests where nobody will notice a difference =)

Decorative trees like oak and willow are better left untouched, unless you really need them.

try to replant, cut overaged, old, very old cause they give significant more woods. If you are on independence, I have public tree farm east of freedom market, feel free to cut there.

Yes please leave oaks and willows alone, I have some in perimeter that people love to cut.   :(

Thank-you... I'm on Chaos by the way.  Thanks for mentioning replanting as a curtsey to other players and paying attention to perimeters.  :)

there is not much etiquette on chaos about trees. It is jungle everywhere. Tho if you are on deed, like being villager ON the deed you should ask about on deed trees. considering you are new, being on deed might means either starting town or enemies tho :P .

If you're on chaos, definitely don't worry about cutting other people's trees, there are way too many. The real dangers are valrei creatures or a player looking for blood.

I'd suggest joining one of the three kingdoms currently active there as you'll have a community to join and a deed where you can be safe at.

Yes, I've be looking over the kingdoms.  thank-you for that advice as well.

• Like 1

You guys are forgetting the most important etiquette:  removing stumps after you cut down the tree

Well, if you replant the same tree you just cut down, it matters not if you destroy the stump.

You guys are forgetting the most important etiquette:  removing stumps after you cut down the tree

30 seconds ain't no courtesy, just a waste of time