Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Useless Epic messages spamming Freedom event tab

I know this is by no means a new observation - but imo something should finally be done about it. We all see them hundreds of times a day: annoying messages like

Vynora brings the Spawn of Uttachas.

Some Spawn of Uttacha arrive.

Libila brings the Eaglespirits.

Some Eaglespirit arrive.

Fo sends forth the Drakespirits.

Some Drakespirit arrive.

Libilas followers now has the attention of the mountain spirits.

Magranon summons the Sol Demons.

Some Sol Demon arrive.

Vynora sends forth the Deathcrawler minions.

Some Deathcrawler minion arrive.

are spamming the event tab on all Freedom servers, and they also do so in the Freedom twitter channels.

Unless I'm missing some important secret information, these messages seem to be directed to Epic (and Chaos?) players only. Devs, please: playing on a Freedom PvE server I simply don't care about these events and I feel annoyed by that kind of event tab and twitter channel spamming!

If I am not mistaken about the nature of these messages I consider them appearing on Freedom PvE servers a bug. Please remove them from the Freedom PvE servers and the Freedom tweets.

(I'm pretty sure this must have been discussed before, but I couldn't find an official bug report - so here it is!)

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

Since travel to epic is as simple as clicking on a gate. i think seeing those messages on freedom has the purpose of warning players that it might not be a safe time to go there.

But they should implement a way to filter them out in settings.

Chaos=Freedom; they do spawn on Chaos

Ok, fine. Then they should be removed from the PvE servers. (OP modified.)

Good idea!

Since travel to epic is as simple as clicking on a gate. i think seeing those messages on freedom has the purpose of warning players that it might not be a safe time to go there.

+1

Yeah remove the messages or better yet, let them actually spawn on the rest of Freedom!

• Like 1

Yeah remove the messages or better yet, let them actually spawn on the rest of Freedom!

Haha no.

I feel like bumping this!

This annoying issue really should be fixed - in one way or another. Maybe just adding an option in the settings would be best, as there seems to be a handful of players on the Freedom PvE servers who prefer to see those messages. I am sure, however, that the majority of us is annoyed by them. (However, adding this to ingame settings still would leave us with the annoying twitter messages.)

On a sidenote: Why do I have the ever growing impression that the devs are not really reading these posts? About 90% of all bug reports or suggestions I saw on the forums in the past have not even received the shortest reply by a dev or the PR people. This makes us feel ignored, doesn't it?

Edited by Yaga

* bump *

I'm still waiting for some kind of official reaction...

* bump *

I'm still waiting for some kind of official reaction...

Don't count on it. Especially when you demand it like this.

Edited by Rasu
  • Like 1

I'd love some new mobs to hit :3

Don't count on it.Especially when you demand it like this.

Well, to be frank I still see myself as a long-time paying customer who at least deserves a reply. (Maybe I'm naive...)