Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

Sb bugs

I'd like to report 2 distinct bugs with sleep bonus.

1st. I logged off in a bed last night. [21:20:24] You start to go to sleep. Then I log on this morning ~14 hours later and have the exact same amount of sleep bonus (23 minutes). There was no server reset. Having logged off in a bed in a house like I've done for 2 years (same house) I'd expect to gain sb.  :)

#2. When I used sb during mining yesterday I did not gain more ticks as I would have expected. I asked around and Tekada, Hogwash, Asdf all confirmed that for 48 hours using sb on mining did not affect the skillgain rates. When I asked in Kchat I was also told that it did not affect farming as well (I didn't try this). I did however note that sb continued to double the gains in meditation rates. Thanks!

Feel free to contact me for any further info I can supply or I forgot to put.

i been using sb on mining and you are just wrong about that

Well you never get more ticks.... just ticks that give more skillgain

My good sir, I asked in kchat, I quoted 3 guys who all used it, we say it didn't work. Might be an indi specific problem? But it didn't work for us. Not saying it's a global problem. But don't come in and tell me what my toon does and doesn't do ok? At my level mining you don't get bigger ticks (lol) you just get a tick 2x as often :P But i guess you would know that cuz you know how my toon works right?

Edited by Pingpong

do you have skill notifications set to always? because you  always get bigger ticks as far as i know,even at 99 skill

Every toon is the same, and at 90 Mining, i'm still getting only 2x skillgain, not 2x ticks...

And there is not a schism that strong in the server divides that changes how SB works per-server.

Yup ticks are set to always. I logged another report about some schenigans going on with mining ticks yesterday as well that I was told were also a bug so I'm waiting to hear back on those. It might be that I get bigger ticks, however since I only get .000008 ticks, I only get them 2x as often with sb enabled. I have this fairly down to a science, even down to +/- 5 ores how many ores it takes to get a skill tick. I've been at this for a long time. When I used the sb I had stored yesterday it did not effect how many ores it took to get a mining tick. I then asked around and the folks listed confirmed that for them as well it did not change their skill gain rates. I can't say this is a GL bug, just a bug for me and the folks listed.

well i just tried with 74 mining skill and got this results on deliverance

no sb
[17:53:27] Mining increased by 0,00312 to 74,8468
sb
[17:54:59] Mining increased by 0,00618 to 74,8576

Terrific, still doesn't explain why for the 4 toons listed it didn't work :) (again on indi)

I'd advise timing the length of time between ticks without sb, vs with sb, I can imagine as things get higher the ticks slow down drastically.

I personally havent experienced any issues, 2x skillgain when woodcutting and harvesting olives

I did try arch, i ran out of sb when i tried because it did not shorten the length of time personally, I had to take the word of the other 3 guys because they weren't running fraps...what were we all thinking right? Sb is working for some things, I was clear about that, just not for mining for some of us. I find it funny, I've bug tested for a living, I can provide statistics on how many ores mined per tick, and folks tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.  :) Y'all wanna take a crack at telling me how logging off in a bed was done wrong to not get sb?

I can confirm that Pingpong is correct in that going to sleep in a bed did not grant any SB bonus.  Also, I did note with another character that the first toon that went to bed seemed to not log off properly:  Seemingly went to sleep in bed, but observation from a second toon was that he was still online and also in the local tab.  Upon trying to right-click menu the supposedly logged off toon it just kept trying to refresh.

Pingpong is not going crazy :P   Something was not right with (at least) some toons going to sleep and apparently SB also.

Yup ticks are set to always. I logged another report about some schenigans going on with mining ticks yesterday as well that I was told were also a bug so I'm waiting to hear back on those. It might be that I get bigger ticks, however since I only get .000008 ticks, I only get them 2x as often with sb enabled. I have this fairly down to a science, even down to +/- 5 ores how many ores it takes to get a skill tick. I've been at this for a long time. When I used the sb I had stored yesterday it did not effect how many ores it took to get a mining tick. I then asked around and the folks listed confirmed that for them as well it did not change their skill gain rates. I can't say this is a GL bug, just a bug for me and the folks listed.

When you get those tiny 0.000008 ticks, it's not the same as 'always' tick updates because the client doesn't register less.  You're only getting 2x of them because sb is just letting the client gain that much skill to show a gain twice as fast.

I agree but if I'm not getting 2x more of them when running sb, then this is the bug I reported?

I tried mining for an hour using SB last night, the skill and stat gain was about half of what I gained last I did that.

It's been pretty clear how you get skill from mining. You get skill if you do not fail (1.0QL) and mine ore <= 40QL.

Sleep bonus does not change this. It just gives twice the skill per tick. If that's not the case then something is wrong.

Just tested with and without SB. Same pickaxe, always full stamina, action time 10s

[15:21:16] Mining increased by 0,000549 to 94,76967

[15:24:35] Mining increased by 0,000275 to 94,76994

Edited by ago

It's working for some folks ago, just not for some others. We've established that fact really really well :D
(On a side note, at 99+ mining I find it hilarious how many folks have tried to tell me how to gain mining skill :P )

When you get those tiny 0.000008 ticks, it's not the same as 'always' tick updates because the client doesn't register less.  You're only getting 2x of them because sb is just letting the client gain that much skill to show a gain twice as fast.

Thats wrong. If you set it to always, the client can display everything that the server sends. It just rounds the value to 6 decimal points. 

I tested again same amount of actions, same vein, same pick but with no SB, and I gained 4/3rd of the skill and stat compared to using SB.

Let's please try to keep this thread for details and reproductions.

First - the ghosts characters seemingly staying online after they log out is a known issue and already reported.  I've verified that the character does in fact leave the server, but their ghost stays visible to you until you relog.

Second - I have not been able to reproduce the no sleep bonus when sleeping in a bed.  That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just trying to find a reproduction which is difficult.

Third - there is something different in gaining skills at high levels using sleep bonus than there was a few days ago.  I'm trying to narrow it down to see if the patch on the 25th or the 27th changed things.  My husband noticed it with blacksmithing on the 27th, but he didn't blacksmith on the 26th, so I'm having a hard time pinpointing when the difference first showed.

For those of you who have noticed the difference, can you help pinpoint the day when it seemed to be different for you?

I'll look through his logs to see if I can find anything that jumps out.  

Thats wrong. If you set it to always, the client can display everything that the server sends. It just rounds the value to 6 decimal points. 

Then tell me why when I set skill gain to always show and kill something, it shows me 0 gain at all in both skill tab and skill window, until I kill enough to gain a large enough amount to show client side?  (99.9981fs)

Surely everything still gives any fs amount