Sign in to follow this  
Jenshiye

Two black light priests

Multiple choice - split Black Light priests.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Make two Libila priests?

• Yes - have two priests, one support and one fighter.
    • No - keep it as one half priests.
    • I do not PVP but think this would help draw me in.
    • I would join Horde of the Summoned if this were implemented!
    • Why bother? The Black Lighters are almost all gone now.

Cover note

Essentially, we keep hitting upon this stumbling block. White Light priests want to be solo heroes and complain about the Black Lighters being too powerful.

To make it abundantly clear - THREE white light priests versus ONE black light priest.

Magranon priest - front line fighter / paladin type.

Fo priest - healer / defence

Vynora priest - support, locate / enchantments

Libila priest - should be everything to counter those three.

The WLs should combine to defeat the threat of the BLs (I know, not enough players, no real threat and that is how you like it.)

Proposal

Split the black light priest into two.

Strix - Healer / support - can draw power off zombies and give it to the Atra Militis or other Black Lighters. Can't use it themselves but can give it to other Strix. Blessing of the Dark, Lurker in the Dark, Dispel Strongwall, Fungus, Fungus Trap, Demise Spells, Rotting Touch, Dark Ice shell = 75% of Oakshell, et cetera

Atra Militis - fighter priest - Drain Health, Drain Stamina, Web Armour, Hell Strength, 40+ faith = +20% damage, Pain Rain, Phantasms, et cetera.

I don't really see the need. Also, +20% damage is pretty much useless since 90% of BL fighters are Path of Hate...

I don't really see the need. Also, +20% damage is pretty much useless since 90% of BL fighters are Path of Hate...

"Balancing" can get two effective priests instead of one semi-functional one. 20% would be less than Magranon, so they don't whine as much and allows new priests to chose other paths.

I have personally considered this quite a lot recently. To split the black light priests in two would counteract the current 'multitool' they are becoming. I'm not saying that this is the solution I'd go with, but in my opinion, something may need to be done.

I'm fairly certain Libila wouldn't approve of that.

lib priests are fine as they are now, i wonder if the people posting this are even true HotS people. Even if they are, there is a big difference between Epic and Chaos. On Epic, BL is overpowered, leading rolf nerfing the champs from 6 to 3. On Chaos, we are the smallest kingdom, and every 'nerf' for epic is a giant NERF for us (chaos HotS)

also, sorry Jberg, but a MR GM should stay aside from lib changes or at least not make these things public ...

• Like 1

I have personally considered this quite a lot recently. To split the black light priests in two would counteract the current 'multitool' they are becoming. I'm not saying that this is the solution I'd go with, but in my opinion, something may need to be done.

So Jberg, you are suggesting we are overpowered ?  How is that so, when we as  a kingdom have been nerfed since 2009 as Rolf tries to find some sort of 'balance' between us and the WL kingdom priests ? I'm not even going to talk about any numerical advantage or opposite, because we are at the other end of the scale, but that's a different story.

Jenshye, do you even know what you are suggesting, and how this would have an effect on wild/chaos, but freedom also ?

Do you even play here on chaos ?

Do you even know how Libila priests work, their spells, etcetera ?

No, I'm not. What I AM saying though is that I believe that Libila would benefit in a split into a defined support/combat role. Additional spells could be added to fill out what were and are not.

I will say, though, that Libila would be overpowered if a few more spells gets stacked on, as the case seem to appeal for.

• Like 2

Didn't vote because I don't agree with any of the listed poll options. 

I do however think that blacklighters should have more than one type of priest, and would agree that splitting the current BL spellset, plus borrowing some WL only spells between the two, would be fair. I just don't really like the two proposed priest types, nor am I a fan of Latin names. 

honestly, lib is fine as is

let the dedicated BL players make suggestions on what should be changed.

Most of the time, people that don't play lib and experience all of what she has to offer end up getting it changed into something that everyone hates

Posing a realistic viewpoint though, the only way to balance it is to do something similar to Entendus suggestion, or just let people priest as whatever they want and only champ for their kingdom, otherwise one god will always be FOTM.

Edited by Propheteer

Yeah , all very well when these changes are for the benefit of the kingdom the OP and many of its votes advere to.

Bull.

I've always liked the idea of an axe wielding, berzerker BL god as a sort of counter to Magranon. I think it fits the nature of blacklight perfectly.

Gameplay wise though, Libila priests aren't really that overpowered. If another BL god were to be added it should be an expansion instead of splitting existing spells between them for the sake of it.

Edited by Merc

No, I'm not. What I AM saying though is that I believe that Libila would benefit in a split into a defined support/combat role. Additional spells could be added to fill out what were and are not.

I will say, though, that Libila would be overpowered if a few more spells gets stacked on, as the case seem to appeal for.

honest question here so I can get some context - how often have you played a Libila priest, or played as hots, so that you know what would work better or help?

I mean, I haven't ever so I know that I'm not qualified to make any kind of comment about it, but then I hear our priests talking about the limitations, the advantages, etc.  They know what they're talking about, and if you're really interested in helping they can be a great resource and I hope you'll seek their input before implementing any changes.

Jenshye, do you even know what you are suggesting, and how this would have an effect on wild/chaos, but freedom also ?

Why do you believe that BL is the smallest on Chaos?

Personally, I would see paladin, healer and support priests for all the sides and a proper four, splitting JK. That won't happen but you can't tell me that BL priests currently have a full tool set or that Vyn + PoK is not a huge boost to new players, strengthening WL still further.

Edit: I refer to skill boosts and Vyn's +10% on characteristic stats.

Edited by Jenshiye

Hey guys I got a great idea.

We make every single priest the same.

Hey guys I got a great idea.

We make every single priest the same.

I take your point but that is not what this thread is about. You are responding to a side note.

I take your point but that is not what this thread is about. You are responding to a side note.

Then here -1

Here are two example of what I am talking about:

only issue if we want a wl spell we need all 3 priests stuck in a cave vs them only needing one priest stuck in a cave wasting 3x more money just able have same thing.

EDIT:mag  smiting/collapse/reinforcing 

vyn=locate soul,nimb,seprate woa/coc

fo-geneisis for bad horses and lt/venom

what wl needs from bl

rotting touch.....thats about it...

bloodthirst? kinda sucks rather have LT on my wep

shrimpie please become bl and spend 30 silver a month to compete with wl spells pls.

EDIT:suggestion give dam bl another priest have supportive spells take some away from the main one

Have you really ever played as a lib priest?... Cause they're pretty dang potent as is. -2

Have you really ever played as a lib priest?... Cause they're pretty dang potent as is. -2

have you been every priest? big difference between one used enchant only vs one that actually is used in pvp also.

White light vs black lights, that means Lib priests should be even with a 1 vs 3 situation. I would be happy to throw out BL vs WL and have all the priests of equal PVP power.

• Like 1

White light vs black lights, that means Lib priests should be even with a 1 vs 3 situation. I would be happy to throw out BL vs WL and have all the priests of equal PVP power.

But have you ever played a lib priest?

But have you ever played a lib priest?

Have you ever piloted a space shuttle? I am sure we can agree that leaving the doors open in space might not be a good idea for the crew.

Come on bright spark, tell me why BL is so under populated on both Epic and Chaos. Why when MR came along so many defected saying, "Finally, an even chance / real side."