Sign in to follow this  
Radni

[POLL] Should the new committee of suggestions members be public information?

Poll  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Should the committee members for suggestions ( PVP/PVE) be made public information?

The PR team says players will be polled and get to vote on changes before put live.. Well by golly, lets start the vote.

Edited by Radni

My question is, what does knowing who the members are affect?

• Like 3

It obviously affects how much the players can trust that the committee has the players, and not personal gain, on their agenda.

Ideally the committee members would be chosen by the community and not the devs.

i wanna know whos in this secret group, because a group made to help the games pop isnt suppose to he secret, that just adds more ###### we will get pissed off about later to the equation.

• Like 9

Voted yes, if you wanna have that much influence in wurm, man up and take the heat.

• Like 3

I thought that the committee would have the great buttpainery honour of looking through every thread in the suggestions board to see what is popular and feasible, to make the work smoother for the devs, and not that they would actually come up with stuff on their own. So what would knowing who they are add? The suggestions don't become more doable because we know who looks through all the threads.

• Like 2

I want to know who will be there.

Kinda tired of this policy of Code Club that everything must be a frigging secret.

Like if they are allergic to the truth, transparency and sharing information.

• Like 1

voted no..really no need to know who they are and let's face it if they were public just opens them up to abuse.

Hey!! wtf is wrong with my suggestion you suck!!!

• Like 4

voted no..really no need to know who they are and let's face it if they were public just opens them up to abuse.

Exactly.

Following recent events, and decisions that have been made as a result thereof, I voted yes.

• Like 1

Voted no.  Think of it from the point of the member.  Do you want every other player bothering you about the committee?  You know it would happen.  Either wanting news from the committee, or having a special project they want pushed in committee, they would all come to you endlessly.

Personally I think the committee is a noble gesture, but human avarice will assure it never accomplishes much and gradually be discarded and forgotten.

Voted no.  Think of it from the point of the member.  Do you want every other player bothering you about the committee?  You know it would happen.  Either wanting news from the committee, or having a special project they want pushed in committee, they would all come to you endlessly.

Personally I think the committee is a noble gesture, but human avarice will assure it never accomplishes much and gradually be discarded and forgotten.

Just like the League of Nations :)

Either the members are revealed or the list is shown to players. We need to know because theirs preference / kingdom / such can means they neglect certain points raised on the suggestions coincident or not.

• Like 1

Voted no, they'd get harassed you know it.

Voted no for this type of reasoning.

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 1

I am guessing they will be Moderators, CA's, CM's and GM's that will be in the committee.. people that already have access to the "staff" section of the forums.  

Edit: I can see it now if they post the list of people then those players will get flooded with suggestions ideas and links in their pm box, lol

Edited by Kegan

So if it's a secret roster, we have no ability to see how they're filtering our suggestions according to their own preferences? Wow...didn't know so many folks wanted it that way.

• Like 1

If the committee is chosen from staff , CA, GM, DEV, and staff members are expected to put the good of the game as highest priority with no bias towards or against rule obeying group of players , then the committee will be unbiased.

If you find evidence of bias in a staff member report it. No biased staff should mean a no biased committee.

I am guessing they will be Moderators, CA's, CM's and GM's that will be in the committee.. people that already have access to the "staff" section of the forums.  

Edit: I can see it now if they post the list of people then those players will get flooded with suggestions ideas and links in their pm box, lol

They can do what they did last time and create a separate section in the forums for the individuals involved.

I'd go with no to revealing their identities but yes to their proposals/list/presentations being public

I'm going to go with no on this, and here's why.

It seems there's fear that not knowing who is on this committee will mean its the enemy pushing their own agenda. Players from different kingdoms and servers will no doubt be included, and not everyone will approve of the choices, I'd find it hard to find someone the entire global freedom community liked, opposing kingdoms within pvp will just make it worse.

Its been stated before whoever is selected wont be bringing in new ideas, simply raising them and sifting through the comments, nothing new is introduced, and no systems are bypassed. Knowing who is on the team won't allow you to sneak anything through, or ask for any private info.

I say wait for these guys to prove their effectiveness with their implementations, not base it off whether we know them or not.

I personally feel the team should be public, Atleast in pvp affairs. We could get one person from my kingdom who's an enemy kingdom sympathizer.. Way too much bias.

I think we, the community, know players better than Rolf does 90% of the time

• Like 1

I think we should be able to vote to choose our representatives. At least allow us to nominate them.

I personally would sleep better at night if someone like Rosedragon or Archaed was representing Independence's interests. I'm sure there are people from other servers who would feel the same about their most prestigious members. Not just the oldest members, but the ones who've done the most good for the community.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1