Sign in to follow this  
Mojo

Freedom Global - Public Relations Chat

Just wanted to clarify, PvP hasnt failed. If you are who I think you are (Aiya?) It only failed because you and your village were too stubborn to adapt and fell for incredibly stupid ###### like "if you give me your drake, ill leave you alone"

Dont make assumptions when PvP is knocked down by exaggeration, stereotypes, and the constant bitching of people like yourself whenever Rolf works on it. Its not for everyone, sure, but it has a presence.

If you give us the artifacts we won't attack your village with a dragon.  I still pound my head on the desk when I think about that.  :)

Stupid thanksgiving.

I think the numbers on Epic and chaos vs all of freedom speak for themselves on whether folks like wurm's pvp or not.

I think the numbers on Epic and chaos vs all of freedom speak for themselves on whether folks like wurm's pvp or not.

except like 90% of freedomers never have tried a pvp server and still have outlandish thoughts like "omg ima die 30 times as soon as i walk thru portal"

• Like 1

Just wanted to clarify, PvP hasnt failed.

The numbers speak for themselves.

Edit: And i DID play on a pvp server and i've been massively into PVP in other games, including being part of the leadership of PVP alliance in eve that had more players than wurm in it. PVP in it's current form in wurm is absolutely 100% FUBAR and it's not something that will be ever fixed by any small tweak or update.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 2

The numbers speak for themselves.

Edit: And i DID play on a pvp server and i've been massively into PVP in other games, including being part of the leadership of PVP alliance in eve that had more players than wurm in it. PVP in it's current form in wurm is absolutely 100% FUBAR and it's not something that will be ever fixed by any small tweak or update.

Good job, you played it and didn't like it.

Still waiting on the other 90% to get back to me with outlandish reasons though.

Good job, you played it and didn't like it.

Still waiting on the other 90% to get back to me with outlandish reasons though.

The first reason is because it sucks.   Wurm PvP could have worked very well in 1995, and up to 1997 when UO arrived, and made it an outdated system.  Btw, we are in 2014.   Another reason (my reason right now) is that you can loose all your RL invested money while you are offline.  Effectively substracting the PvP part from PvP, and mind you Wurm is not a cheap game.

I could keep enumerating reasons, or dissecting why the system is obsolete, but Im sure you get the idea of why PvP is underpopulated compared to PvE.

The first reason is because it sucks. Wurm PvP could have worked very well in 1995, and up to 1997 when UO arrived, and made it an outdated system. Btw, we are in 2014. Another reason (my reason right now) is that you can loose all your RL invested money while you are offline. Effectively substracting the PvP part from PvP, and mind you Wurm is not a cheap game.

I could keep enumerating reasons, or dissecting why the system is obsolete, but Im sure you get the idea of why PvP is underpopulated compared to PvE.

Not sure what you would spend money on in a PvP server outside of a deed.

This is the perfect example of a stereotype.

Contrary to popular belief (aka the facts of the dumb and/or inexperienced), on PvP servers, people band together and form communities. These communities nearly always provide you with anything you want or need for free. They are also more trustworthy and less likely to screw people over because their reputation can be taken to another level because of PvP.

These communities also typically share each others available on deed resources and they defend each others deeds as well.

The only servers with functioning economies are the home servers. Freedom, JKH, and MRH, and even then you will know whats safe and whats not after a week. This is coming from a BLer who raids the home servers every other day. The people I hit are aware they live in the dangerous side of the map. The people living there know where we wont go.

Everyone also doesn't need a deed and by chance you do, drains arent that bad if you have a good alliance (basically any alliance) and typically you wont be drained for several days in a row unless you have an open token or don't repair

So, not sure what you are talking about when you mention loss of money.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

BOOM.... Roasted

Edited by Telvanni
  • Like 1

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify, PvP hasnt failed.

Lol. Read the numbers - only a few die-hards are interested in this sick parody of PvP at all ...

If you are who I think you are (Aiya?) It only failed because you and your village were too stubborn to adapt and fell for incredibly stupid ###### like "if you give me your drake, ill leave you alone"

Don't understand a word of it. Assume it's your usual PvP-whining?

Lemme tell ya:

I'm not "Aiya", I don't even know her/ him/ it. And I've never been on a PvP server yet, nor I neither any alt of mine. And I don't have/ need drake, I'm no nOOb anymore, I easily kill my trolls in cloth.

Dont make assumptions when PvP is knocked down by exaggeration, stereotypes, and the constant bitching of people like yourself whenever Rolf works on it. Its not for everyone, sure, but it has a presence.

It's just still a plain failure. Rolf works for it full time, throws out ninja nerfs at any opportunity, does its best to repel any not-PvP ppl, and still they are constantly at 75% of the player base.

If this isn't an epic fail, what then?

Have fun!

Hi,

Lol. Read the numbers - only a few die-hards are interested in this sick parody of PvP at all ...

Don't understand a word of it. Assume it's your usual PvP-whining?

Lemme tell ya:

I'm not "Aiya", I don't even know her/ him/ it. And I've never been on a PvP server yet, nor I neither any alt of mine. And I don't have/ need drake, I'm no nOOb anymore, I easily kill my trolls in cloth.

It's just still a plain failure. Rolf works for it full time, throws out ninja nerfs at any opportunity, does its best to repel any not-PvP ppl, and still they are constantly at 75% of the player base.

If this isn't an epic fail, what then?

Have fun!

Aiya had a similar name when she re-rolled, my apologies.

Also, Rolf makes changes "for pvp" that no pvp players suggest that ends up screwing over everyone.

didn't know he worked for it full time either, but ok

You do not raid every other day. Most freedomers wont try the pvp servers because the the attitude of the players already there, not because they are worried about dieing... You attacking xandra assuming it was aiya is a great example of the attitude I am talking about.

Hope this council fares better than the last.

• Like 1

So, not sure what you are talking about when you mention loss of money.

Lets ask the citizens of Sparta.

Lets ask the citizens of Sparta.

And thats because of Rolf, once again.

It's an outlier and doesn't commonly happen, plus pretty much everyone outside of MR-Chaos agrees that it was a scummy thing to do.

You do not raid every other day. Most freedomers wont try the pvp servers because the the attitude of the players already there, not because they are worried about dieing... You attacking xandra assuming it was aiya is a great example of the attitude I am talking about.

Hope this council fares better than the last.

And your attitude doesn't?

Also, sorry i got Xandra mixed up with Zandra. whoops.

Edited by Propheteer

@Propheteer

Just to stop derailing the topic, lets suppose for a single minute, that all the assets that are tied to RL money (from dirt to drake), and that are liable and prone to be looted/destroyed, are "free", and that PvP is indeed a huge happy communist utopia, worth of proper research by social studies doctors.  And ignoring all the times that PvP players claim that there is a market in home servers at least, but lets forget that last statement for the time being.

The system is still horribly outdated, the PvP population is a fraction of the PvE population, wich should tell you easily wich model is more successful for the current game engine.  And, despite this facts, the Dev. team, (not the bulk of the PvP players, I want to make this clear) still pay a lot more attention to the PvP side of the game.   Now, I will not quote every single patch note from the last year and a half that I have whitnessed personally, if you are unable to see this bias, you might as well argue that the earth is flat, and sits on top of 3 elephants.

Again, I dont think that PvE players blame PvP PLAYERS, for neglecting the PvE side of the game, I am sure the majority of players are aware that PvP players in general, are not the ones handpicking what gets changed in the game. Those are the developers of the game, sometimes biased by single individuals, who is oftenly said, play on the PvP servers.

But just to re-cap, Wurms engine, its core, is not a good choice to develop a compelling PvP experience, in my humble opinion, as an avid PvPer in other games, games where player skill accounts for 100% of the outcome, and games where loosing a match dont incurr in direct or indirect monetary loss.   And, also in my humble opinion, this are the reasons why most people pick PvE, because the engine supports the PvE experience far better.

Regarding the "attitude" of PvP players that others mentioned in the thread, I disagree, I am sure there are friendly and unfriendly characters on both sides, and when pitted against eachother in the forums, the mud slinging is usually pretty even from both sides.

• Like 1

@Propheteer

Just to stop derailing the topic, lets suppose for a single minute, that all the assets that are tied to RL money (from dirt to drake), and that are liable and prone to be looted/destroyed, are "free", and that PvP is indeed a huge happy communist utopia, worth of proper research by social studies doctors.  And ignoring all the times that PvP players claim that there is a market in home servers at least, but lets forget that last statement for the time being.

The system is still horribly outdated, the PvP population is a fraction of the PvE population, wich should tell you easily wich model is more successful for the current game engine.  And, despite this facts, the Dev. team, (not the bulk of the PvP players, I want to make this clear) still pay a lot more attention to the PvP side of the game.   Now, I will not quote every single patch note from the last year and a half that I have whitnessed personally, if you are unable to see this bias, you might as well argue that the earth is flat, and sits on top of 3 elephants.

Again, I dont think that PvE players blame PvP PLAYERS, for neglecting the PvE side of the game, I am sure the majority of players are aware that PvP players in general, are not the ones handpicking what gets changed in the game. Those are the developers of the game, sometimes biased by single individuals, who is oftenly said, play on the PvP servers.

But just to re-cap, Wurms engine, its core, is not a good choice to develop a compelling PvP experience, in my humble opinion, as an avid PvPer in other games, games where player skill accounts for 100% of the outcome, and games where loosing a match dont incurr in direct or indirect monetary loss.   And, also in my humble opinion, this are the reasons why most people pick PvE, because the engine supports the PvE experience far better.

Regarding the "attitude" of PvP players that others mentioned in the thread, I disagree, I am sure there are friendly and unfriendly characters on both sides, and when pitted against eachother in the forums, the mud slinging is usually pretty even from both sides.

Thats a much better explanation and i agree with most of it.

Also, the forum mudslinging between kingdoms typically stays on the forums. The people you see calling eachother retards on the forums end up playing civ 5 together like an hour afterwards. Nobody really takes it seriously, in case you were wondering.

• Like 2

Thats a much better explanation and i agree with most of it.

Also, the forum mudslinging between kingdoms typically stays on the forums. The people you see calling eachother retards on the forums end up playing civ 5 together like an hour afterwards. Nobody really takes it seriously, in case you were wondering.

All new mud-slinging starts the moment someone horseman rushes.