Sign in to follow this  
Kristoff

masks & cloaks

Assuming the mask slot isn't just to tease us, what would their functions be? I rather like the idea that masks could conceal the identity of those that wear them; perhaps blotting out letters of a persons name in local depending on the quality of the mask similar to signatures. Maybe hooded cloaks could benefit stealth and masks a well.

What does everyone else think about masks and whatnot? Should they be purely cosmetic or have a function? __ I spared this from the suggestions forum for now because I would rather discuss usage before hand.

Depends on the mask and its coverage.

For example a pair of eyeglasses is a pretty poor disguise (ignoring superman).

• Like 2

They definitely need to blot out the wearer's name in local, it would make for so many funny moments both in pve and pvp

i think they should be just cosmetic with tiny skillgain bonuses

They definitely need to blot out the wearer's name in local, it would make for so many funny moments both in pve and pvp

Sure, great tool for griefers to hide their identity

yeah hiding identity seems like a griefers fantasy -1

I'd like to see several versions however of masks and capes (including kingdom based capes and standard colored capes red - black - blue - white ) and masks made of silver copper gold and iron - maybe even a porcelain clay mask

I want a mask with a beak. GIMME NOW ROLF!

Masks could be cosmethic things attached to the face, pipes, straws, scarves, or whatever people think it fits the game theme.  I dont think it really needs to add more variables to skill gains and game mechanics, the system is already complex and always needed of further balance.

The same for capes, it could be capes, or things that look like the backpack, carrying boxes, or bundles (or a sheep?).  Id love to see things that will give people the chance to not look like a warrior all the time.

Masks could be cosmethic things attached to the face, pipes, straws, scarves, or whatever people think it fits the game theme.  I dont think it really needs to add more variables to skill gains and game mechanics, the system is already complex and always needed of further balance.

The same for capes, it could be capes, or things that look like the backpack, carrying boxes, or bundles (or a sheep?).  Id love to see things that will give people the chance to not look like a warrior all the time.

also would be nice to have maybe a combat version and social version of masks

combat version might give protection to face when wearing non plate helmets (can't wear when wearing plate obviously)

where as social versions could be primitive glasses - pipes - metal masks - wooden - basically anything from costume pieces - even tattoos could be used to make people a bit more unique

yeah the cape slot doesn't have to be a cape good point - however I would like this to be a decorative slot and have no CR +/-  like some items do