Sign in to follow this  
Cookiestomper

We may need some sterilization procedures.

I see the mob pack update is working very well. Too well maybe. Are there too many mobs here? it might be a problem. (at least, i think there was an update. This happened overnight.)

XceHztl.jpg

Edited by Cookiestomper

Which server?

To answer your question, that's not too many. That's a nice hunting trip for some, aside from having to pull em down from the cliff face.

Edited by As_I_Decay

Burn it with fire. Lots and lots of fire.

Its the only way to be sure.

• Like 1

Good grief, the soup vendors came out in force to get the fins.

This occurred on epic too. I've been hiding safely in my deed.

Doesn't exactly seem natural, although nothing wrong with a little bit of extra weapon skill. :)

alot of people are reporting higher mob numbers... Servers stats say it hasnt raised though. Maybe it was broken before and wasnt spawning fast enough but had them queued to spawn? and what ever they did in the last restarts fixed it

All that needs to be spread out. :(

That said, pristine seems too good overall compared to other servers, haven't seen release though I assume it's the same. I know it's smaller, I'm talking per area and the types seem better/more frequent.

Whether its because Rolf wanted to give newer players a head start or the code changed bit required a new server to work, iunno...

The critters seem to be gathering in a directional manner. my south wall was stacked high, some also on the east. North and west clear.  I Have seen this on other deeds also. The Great North Desert on Exo is pretty clear at the moment. 

The critters seem to be gathering in a directional manner. my south wall was stacked high, some also on the east. North and west clear.  I Have seen this on other deeds also. The Great North Desert on Exo is pretty clear at the moment. 

There is a very simple and logical explanation to all this.

It's an animal convention. I have those at the entrance to my deed from time to time. Perfectly legal.

• Like 2

I logged in to around 30 spiders, 10 mountain lions, a troll and three hell hounds and uncountable deer and unicorns on my deed yesterday. Had to hire a templar to clean everything up.. Something definitely seems to have changed since the reboot. I'm on Cele by the way.. Water to the north side, so they seem to have come from the south.

Its a conspiracy the guards going on strike has given the creatures confidence and soon they will rise up to wipe wurm clean of all humans.

• Like 1

I have noticed mobs loving areas that are sloped, rock and near water.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 30, 2014 - Removed - Duplicate post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 30, 2014 - Removed - Duplicate post

I have noticed mobs loving areas that are sloped, rock and near water.

Mobs getting stuck on the bottom of slopes or in corners again? I thought at least one of those issues were fixed.

From time to time there are these excessive aggro spawns created by whatever Dev decides to create them. I remember shortly after Deliverance server was created we had a number of cycles of greenish trolls running up and down the mountainside near Green Dog. One STemplar on my deed could not handle them and by the time it had respawned the troll was healed to almost full health to repeat the process of killing this poor devoted servant over and over again. I would jump in to help with my new premium guy but he could do little damage and had to swiftly run away once the ST was dead. Comical and frustrating at the same time. Had to hire two STemplars for a while just because of this overkill aggro spawn cycle.

I even note that the aggro spawn is reset to a higher number at certain intervals, which makes for a time when they must be mostly wiped out to again have them at a more manageable number to even travel within the local area. Seems again to have gone into gonzo mode with the spawing noted here. Bad form for the common man/woman to cope with.

=Ayes=

See, that's the complete opposite of what I'm getting. I went from having a steady stream of mobs coming down my mountainside before they did whatever they did, to literally seeing maybe 5 total patrol mobs in 3 days. My mountainside is barren of mobs, and my whole section of the island is empty of them. Not sure where they are congregating but it sure isn't anywhere near my place.

Mobs are hearing down slopes. Water is the most down you can go, thus the waterside mobs.

Btw mob pathing tends to make them head north/east fyi