Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Trader deed disband statistics

Hello,

since a settlement moved their borders, accidentally disbanding 3 traders asking for reimbursement I want to know statistics on how many others have done that as well. We have now added clearer warnings during the disband process.

The time period is 6 months back so in case you manually disbanded your deed around the 27th of Sept or later and lost traders, please write here.

This is just pure statistics and not a promise of reimbursement but depending on the outcome we may consider it for those who participate.

We will gather these statistics for one week from now.

State the name of the Settlement you disbanded, the date and how many traders were affected please.

Rolf

• Like 18

Can we get this on launcher news? Not everyone read forum, especially with the dramafest recently happening.

• Like 1

1. The settlement of Rainbow Lake Waterway has just been disbanded by Tomblanderii.

1 trader lost as part of a token move. Stupid really, I did know about the issue but had a brain freeze. :rolleyes:

Not bothered about being refunded as it was my own fault. Just supplying the data as requested.

Interested to see how many others own up...

Edited by Pragmatist

Will be interesting to see how many fabrications arise in connection with this request. If someone disbanded their deed and claimed there was a Trader upon it at the time how would that be proven? Seems to me like an opportunity to use some creative thinking in the hopes of getting something of value in return. Enough said for now but will be interesting to see who makes these claims and what method might be used to substantiate them.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

since a settlement moved their borders, accidentally disbanding 3 traders asking for reimbursement I want to know statistics on how many others have done that as well. 

so when we resize deed and trader gone...  im sure there is no normal disband case since we already know we need to kick trader out of deed to keep it there

• Like 1

so when we resize deed and trader gone...  im sure there is no normal disband case since we already know we need to kick trader out of deed to keep it there

Actually it was a disband and remake to move token: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/98328-move-a-token-lose-a-trader-beware/

Apparently the owner of the 3-traders deed din't knew that they are gone when he disbands and he is asking for a refund. Not justified if you ask me, since the information about losing the trader on disband is public - on trader setting screen (which he saw at least three times), on wiki, etc, but again, noone asked me.

• Like 1

as u says... also wiki tells u same...  in past many folks lost traders... lets refound em all!!!  thats not go that way....   when i got stolen deed thru vote (before rolf update to dictators)  i didnt get my deed back,,,,  so we all lost something duo our stupid heads... 

Nvm , can't be bothered getting caught up in the crying.

Edited by Kediec

On Desertion (MRH)

Disbanded the deed of Rome

Lost 1 trader.

- Was aware of the problem but had brain freeze, forgot to uncitizen my trader and as a cost lost 50s. If there were a refund, I'd love it.

epicserv3 â€@epicserv3 
Nov 4
The settlement of Rome has just been disbanded by Typhon.

Edited by PopeTyphon

The trader disbanding with deed is quite a recent addition, those traders could have easily been placed before that therefore not seeing the message when setting up. 

I'm sure most people that own traders these days do know, but the point is not all know , obviously there should have been clear warnings in place as soon as the feature was added. 

When we re-deeded Sloppy Hollow to our larger Sloppy Hollow Prime, we lost our trader, and GMs told us nothing would be done about it.  It would be nice if we could shift tokens without having to disband and re-deed.  Often other deeds prevent you from expanding, and if a player could shift their deed 10 tiles and expand, you might see more revenue.  The idea of having to disband and then spend more to just get a whole new deed probably deters people from doing it.

• Like 6

We actually lost 4 in total there Rolf, 3 of mine and one of Caroligans as I had set my 3rd one earlier in the month this month.  For some reason it doesn't show in logs for disbanding but im sure I still have the logs for placing all of them and when.

Also this is not the place to be whining about us trying for fair compensation. You have your opinion place it in the proper place AKA the post already made in town square, Everyone else please provide statistics.  A warning dialog before disbanding deed would prevent all of this so it is indeed part of us trying to make this game better. For all of you who want the game to stay buggy and the same, I feel sorry for you as there are several Open sand box MMO's hitting the market soon that are likely to take away from this game if something is not done to fix some of these messed up just completely uncalled for bugs.  A warning that disbanding a deed would cause traders associated with that deed to pop would as I said fix all of this in the future.  Simple to code.  It is not unheard of as you may not remember this information 6months or longer after placing a trader.

TLDR: Quit crying and post the proper statistics to help this game get better.

Edited by Dreago
  • Like 2

The trader disbanding with deed is quite a recent addition, those traders could have easily been placed before that therefore not seeing the message when setting up. 

I'm sure most people that own traders these days do know, but the point is not all know , obviously there should have been clear warnings in place as soon as the feature was added. 

Actually, traders that are a citizen of the deed have always disbanded with the deed. There is no new mechanic its not recent, and nothing was "added"

It dates from when the only way to get traders was with the old style size 10 deeds or larger, at the time it made a certain amount of sense to have them tied to the deed. The warnings have been being added over time, but the mechanic has been unchanged for years. People were losing them back on the original JK-H to this same mechanic, long before the freedom servers ever existed.

• Like 5

On Desertion (MRH)

Disbanded the deed of Rome

Lost 1 trader.

- Was aware of the problem but had brain freeze, forgot to uncitizen my trader and as a cost lost 50s. If there were a refund, I'd love it.

That trader did indeed disappear, but how You lost 50s on that i fail to see Popetyphon. 

Logging started 2013-11-01

[17:59:34] <Typhon> Hi there, do you have a moment?

[18:00:21] <Elrohiir> Hi Typhon, give me a few minutes to get some coffee

[18:00:31] <Typhon> Sure, take your time.

[18:08:01] <Elrohiir> Back, just in from work sorry

[18:08:24] <Typhon> Oh I see, do you have a small moment or are you busy?

[18:08:42] <Elrohiir> i'm good to talk now :)

[18:09:27] <Typhon> Excellent, well I am told you are the man to talk to about resolving this intra-MR conflict in which a member of my settlement had conducted himself in a very poor manner.

[18:10:19] <Typhon> This is so?

[18:11:25] <Elrohiir> There isnt really an intra-MR conflict. Just a war declaration from our side towards Rome. The reason is fairly simple typhon. You have taken over a trader that belonged to a

[18:12:24] <Elrohiir> member of our alliance, even though you didnt take over ruins. Then deeded over the place and thereby gained yourself a trader, completely within the rules

[18:12:56] <Elrohiir> but so is to help a member that just lost his bomestead, trader etc

[18:13:07] <Typhon> Well let me begin by apologising for the actions of Pidgy, which I would assume would have caused you hassle. I want you to know he had no authourisation to steal from anyone.

[18:13:10] <Elrohiir> *homestead

[18:13:44] <Typhon> Secondly on the trader issue. I can see why this is problematic.
  • Like 1

I disbanded Forests Edge on Deliverance and lost a trader that was located on my wife's deed High Wolds. Apparently since I was mayor of Forests Edge the trader became a citizen there even though I placed it on High Wold, I realized that only after the trader vanished.  I'm not sure when this was, It could be between 6 months and 12 months ago,  I don't have any logs but I did contact a GM right away. I don't see why it would matter how long time ago it was...

I have also lost one trader because I forgot to pay upkeep of another deed on Deliverance, this I can accept more as being just my own fault. But it's worth mentioning. 

Another event where I lost money was when I accidently payed 50s in upkeep on a deed instead of putting it in the bank (yes silly). I asked a GM if they could withdraw the money and give it back to me, but no, playermistakes are never reimbursed. Yet again I accepted it and moved on, but it didn't add to my happiness about how customers are treated in this game. 

I have to say though, the staff has always handled these things politely and they have been very understanding and kind but they have not been able to help me in these matters. So, the problem is in the rules and the implementation of the game, not in the GM staff. 

Edited by Torgrim
  • Like 2

That trader did indeed disappear, but how You lost 50s on that i fail to see Popetyphon. 

I owned the settlement it was on, through the issues outlined by Rolf it was lost. It costs 50s. Therefore I lost 50s. And if you want intention, I re-deeded the area after losing it. My intent was on keeping the trader but lost it due to a mistake as outlined by Rolf.

PS: Please don't make this a personal argument, this is purely for Rolf statistics and if I get a refund I only consider it a bonus which would keep me playing and happy. I'm not counting on any reward or refund from Rolf because I have seldom heard of it ever happening. Just here to give statistics.

Edited by PopeTyphon

New player, never disbanded a settlement as of yet. I am aware of the possibility of loosing a trader if certain direction is not followed. That being said, I would hope most people with access to a credit card would justify a purchase by doing basic research on a product. Those that purchases with in game silver, I would again hope you would know better having worked for that much silver. To those that got lucky by finding 50 silver, or happenly deeded over a trader, I see no merit in a refund.

• Like 1

Actually, traders that are a citizen of the deed have always disbanded with the deed. There is no new mechanic its not recent, and nothing was "added"

It dates from when the only way to get traders was with the old style size 10 deeds or larger, at the time it made a certain amount of sense to have them tied to the deed. The warnings have been being added over time, but the mechanic has been unchanged for years. People were losing them back on the original JK-H to this same mechanic, long before the freedom servers ever existed.

So, less than a year ago when a deed disbanded and there was a trader inside, it would stay out in the open, which led to people re-deeding it to create a trader deed. I have done it myself and have a trader deeds from this. Now -  they disband with the deed, so the ones before were accidental then , a bug ?  

So, less than a year ago when a deed disbanded and there was a trader inside, it would stay out in the open, which led to people re-deeding it to create a trader deed. I have done it myself and have a trader deeds from this. Now -  they disband with the deed, so the ones before were accidental then , a bug ?

Traders have always disbanded with the deed. Lots of people kick the traders out of the deed though, to avoid forgetting it later.

Edited by LordLouis
  • Like 1

pwent is correct. You will note I said "traders that are a citizen of the deed"

many players manage citizens and remove them from the deed, which prevents them from leaving if/when the deed is disbanded. Just because a trader is on a deed does not mean it is tied to it, but when a trader is placed it becomes a member of the deed of the player that places it.

if a deed is placed over a trader it becomes a member of that deed, but (as pwent stated) a lot of players who know this, will kick the trader so it is not tied to the deed anymore.

edit:  they may now become a citizen if on a deed and not tied to any deed after a certain amount of time, but this does not change the fact that a trader that IS a citizen has ALWAYS disbanded with the deed.

• Like 1

i still think no refound for freezed minds...  everyone can learn something from droping coins all around....   if refound happend lets give all who disband deed with trader money back for 8 years...

Traders have *not* always disbanded with a deed. In the area where I reside on Independence there are four that I know of that remained behind when deeds disbanded. Two of them I put 1 tile houses over so everyone could access them and later gave them to other people that wanted to deed over them.

The first Trader remained after Samling was disbanded. The second Trader remained after Dannyirons Academy went down. The third Trader was out in the open for many months after the 3x3 house decayed away that was covering it which remained after Rockcliff deed went down. The fourth Trader near this last one was from some other deed that disbanded and someone put a stone 3x3 house over that one.

Point being here that there are others that acquired Traders under these types of situations at no cost to themselves. I could have had 3 of them in this manner at zero expense but never had the interest to spend my game time messing with them. It was a more recent change, perhaps two years ago, that made Traders go poof when a deed was disbanded, before that they remained as is evidenced by these 4 that I mentioned.

Also consider that there were these 4 Traders available for anyone to place a house over of various sizes or even a deed, in this small section of Independence where I reside. This indicates to me that there were many available across Independence at various locations. I guess Rolf didn't care for the idea that players were getting free Traders in this manner so later changed it so they would disband with the deed.

Gee, maybe this is supposed to be a secret. Opps. Never mind.

=Ayes=

Okay, Spellcast,  You'd know best :)

I was just stating what i had observed, and really just trying to defend the guys that lost traders from lack of warnings from people that said one should read the wiki on traders before relocating your deed ..

So all those traders that got deeded over, the previous owners removed them as citizens ,  interesting, you learn something every day. 

It's none of my business anyway, and i wouldn't have posted if others that it wasn't the business off hadn't posted in the first place.