Sign in to follow this  
Forgedrake

Drama and game mechanics

164 members have voted

1. 1. Even with the Drama do you still love wurm?

• Yes
    • No
    • I prefer pancakse but wurms next on my list.

I find the game of Wurm to be a delicate balance between the positive aspects and the negative. When the positives are on the plus side I tend to comment less on the forums and participate more within the game world. When the negatives seem to be on top I tend to comment more about them on the forums. It seems to me that most forum posters are similar to this and thus the "drama" may be more apparent.

I would never say that I "love" Wurm, as that is too important a word to throw around casually. At times I enjoy it and others not so much for the problems that arise within the game due to changes that seem unnecessary to me. Still, when I am far removed from these distractions of divergent opinions there is peace to be found within the daily wanderings of these fair lands and therein my destination resides. May each find their own way down these sometimes turbulent paths to their own place of rest as well.

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 4

How is pancakes not winning?

I aggree.

Waffles are OP!  They allow you to store much more syrup than intended in those little pockets!

Pancakes for all!  

Edited by Hussars

/rage I'm sickened by this forum. Your distaste for Pancakes disgusts me. I sincerely hope each and every one is forced to eat soggy toast for the rest of your unnatural lives! /rageoff

• Like 1

Nothing can be really done about the "latest drama", its a cyclical thing.   Exceptions are made, favoritism is displayed, and then after all the drama settles down it just happens again.   The ninja nerf, the IRC friends, the bug turned feature - turned exploit, the system that is "fixed" but it keeps being broken as always,  and when things settle down, the allmighty goes and changes some dudes name, after telling the whole player base that its impossible... and again.

The drama is a "feature" of Wurm, its Wurms version of a community event.................... this is very well said and very true of rolf/wurm,, some thinsg will never changed , get use to the drama and enjoy what you can...

Honestly not sure, I think it's stupid to say "screw it, this was the last straw" but I dunno. I'm honestly thinking about other games, but my mind isn't made up yet.

Kinda sitting in the same boat. Got a good month before my prems run out to consider repreming though.

Also, I can't vote cause you didn't put bacon as an option of any sort.

Edited by Rhiannone
  • Like 1

Waffles < pancakes... just sayin

I aggree.

Waffles are OP!  They allow you to store much more syrup than intended in those little pockets!

Pancakes for all!  

All this talk of Waffles... you know, he would not be happy if he knew the Wurm forums of 2014 thought pancakes were superior.

You'd definitely be KOSed from Waffle Island.

I aggree.

Pancakes for all!  

Nerf waffles!!!

Anyone who complains about the drama hasn't played long enough.

Personal response is usually, "Meh. Whatever. Where the hell is my pick?"

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

i voted no. rite now friends ingame is the only reason i still play wurm. i already have replacements for wurm that does more then it. But i loved wat wurm was gonna be, But too much damn shady crap is going on and becoming very common. Makes me not want to spend any money here as i have 0 faith and trust in rolf based on the choices hes made over the past few years. So far favoritism for certain select players seems to show ( no no refering to the mess that just happend, but ingeneral).All ima say is, wurms unique alright..............

• Like 2

Drama Drama, I so over hearing about tbh. Fine if you think there is a better game that covers genre in the depth that wurm does, by al means go play it. Even if there is something coming out soon, which I really doubt, it wont have the development stage that wurm has gained over the years and not many developers want to make a game like this that draw so little players.

All I see with this latest drama is the same as the last one, people on one side getting behind their kingdoms opinions and including the opinion of a lot of pve players. I'm a pve player, I spend most of my time here. Do I have concerns about features like flying and jumping and disintegrate? yes. but we will adapt and get over it as we alway and if you don't you move on. 

As for this disintegrate discussion, I think people forget that last incident really quickly. MR bashed the WL and then fortified it taking 3 months to do it. Then Rolf came in after JK complaints and it got moved. WE all got over it.

Xmas presents....amulets..wth we get amulet and then veterans complain and they get removed. DO i think its fair that some people in pvp have these and it give them an advantage, NO. But i see nobody throwing them aside for the balance of the game.

Drake armor and kept dragon by one person to make continuous cash, make an I overpriced to the teeth costing real life money and then see people complain cause the lost it, cause it was there choice to buy it in the first place. Also, to have people farm these egg to store them on merchants to sell at their leisure. Fair?

This list can go one but do I go on?

Is it fair that some player don't pay any money at all to Rolf living off multiple traders, Rolf lets this happen, I cant say I would and when i see people having items that I don't and don't pay any money, I think thats unfair, but im not going to quit over it.

Fair enough Rolf has made some bad calls, wurm is not perfect and neither are we. We all seem to get all up in his face when things don't go our way and there's always side to the story and we see this time and time again.

We will adapt and if we don't we move on. But just remember when you are out there with this new game which is apparently better than wurm, wurm will be getting better as well and I'm sure their devs will get somethings wrong too.

As for threats to peoplein PMs....seriously get a life, remember wurm is a game..step away from the game and look at yourself.

Rolf is going to make the game the way in which he wants,we have always known this, nothing has changed. 

As for this disintegrate discussion, I think people forget that last incident really quickly. MR bashed the WL and then fortified it taking 3 months to do it. Then Rolf came in after JK complaints and it got moved. WE all got over it.

That one sucked too, and lame. But to compare on this one? Big difference as it is not on active pvp. And three months investment doesn't worth 300e++ . Look at its effect outside simple kingdom vs kingdom. It is screw ups for everyone. Move on? Well remember that people complains cause they still care of the game. When the complains stop it means they have moved. Yeah it is pity that wurm have no rival yet, I guess that is why there are some censorship happening around about another game (which some players does bring it up to outside woodscraps, now that is bad).

Honestly no, these recent events have poisoned my gameplay experience, and after 5 years of paying Rolf for wurm ( I never used silver because I wanted to pay Rolf for his work) I think it is time to stop.

• Like 2

Voted yes, been playing now for close to 10years. Its had it's ups and downs but I'll always love Wurm. 

That one sucked too, and lame. But to compare on this one? Big difference as it is not on active pvp. And three months investment doesn't worth 300e++ .

I definitely don't wanna get into an argument about it but I'd just like to make the point that time is equal to or more important than money in my books and certainly 3 months of invested playtime working by 40+ players on an area is worth much more than 300e++.

Time is just as valuable as physical assets or pixel assets. Like I said I don't wan to start an argument about it I just thought that it's a point that needed to be made :)

Edited by Emoo

I cancelled on my 1 year anniversary to attend the triple blacklight bashing on Chaos recently.

My girlfriend wasn't happy but I couldn't imagine a life without Wurm.

I definitely don't wanna just into an argument about it but I'd just like to make the point that time is equal to or more important than money in my books and certainly 3 months of invested playtime working by 40+ players on an area is worth much more than 300e++.

Time is just as valuable as physical assets or pixel assets. Like I said I don't wan to start an argument about it I just thought that it's a point that needed to be made :)

point taken, sorry for ignorance. Forgot how many players to multiply. All things like this, need to stop.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

yes.

I wish the devs would take two stances.

1. Hey Wurminians, we are thinking of do such and such...Please vote accordingly on the in-game pole system. We will do whatever the majority wants.

2. We are changing such and such, period, no more discussion.

I don't like the attitudes or the choices that most of the devs display or make. But I have no power to force change. It would save me a lot of time to know what subjects they are actually willing to listen. It would give me a happy feeling knowing that the path taken was direct result of in-game vote.

I'd like to see them take on a stance that any feedback from IRC, PM or friends-of-dev is piped into a community Vote. Also devs shouldn't be given personal favors just because dev contributes lots of effort (imp'ing dredges with carpentry tools, nerfing farming to fit a personal agenda/opinion).

I cancelled on my 1 year anniversary to attend the triple blacklight bashing on Chaos recently.

Voted yes because I hasn't find good alternative yet but my patient of how the high echelons deal it wear me thin. 

This.

• Like 1

I still enjoy the game.

Actually, I enjoy it more than ever now the golddiggers and complainers are about to leave.

You guys are leaving right, or is it just hollow threats trying to blackmail Rolf?

Edited by Bittereinder

Now that I think about it, I love Wurm and the friends I have there, I do not love or like Rolf or the devs. ;)

Top. Gf>wurm