Sign in to follow this  
Madrocks

Recent Events

I like to think that people do not rely on the wording of messages to understand the intent behind them. Simply wording his need to leave IRC differently should not make a difference. I understand it does, but I think that is a failure of the people reading too much into statements.

From what I have seen, the team is not only focused on bringing up a profitable business and thus making choices to only benefit profit. I believe the team strives to provide a unique game experience, which is truly what we have in wurm. If you only think about the business side you end up like EA.

But yes. You are right, that is how business works and sadly the team has to put up with this.

Edited by Lau

I like to think that people do not rely on the wording of messages to understand the intent behind them. Simply wording his need to leave IRC differently should not make a difference. I understand it does, but I think that is a failure of the people reading too much into statements.

From what I have seen, the team is not only focused on bringing up a profitable business and thus making choices to only benefit profit. I believe the team strives to provide a unique game experience, which is truly what we have in wurm. If you only think about the business side you end up like EA.

But yes. You are right, that is how business works and sadly the team has to put up with this.

While I agree with your message, the problem is that not everyone is a native English speaker/reader, so they can only use the words as presented, and there used to be several non-English speakers who used translation software to chat even on the forums.   Even for those who are native English (or equivalent) speakers/readers, there is a lot of emotional investment in the conversation when it was/is occurring which will color responses on both sides.

It's like when a European French speaker goes to Montreal, sure you can get by, but watch people's faces when you're talking with them.

To better describe it, I've started calling it the Google to Google effect.  Take a section of a song or book, run it through Google translate into another language, take that and translate into a third language, then take that and translate it back into the original language.

Your previous post translated into French->Spanish->Latin->English

You can not expect to understand the development of a platform like a bed in my mind, behind his back. Unless you put something other than, there is no need to go out IRC will be used. I understand what it's doing, still, I think, who read too much of the lack of the above modes. 

From what I saw, not only to the court itself it pertains, and thus useful for the development of the advantage of the business benefits. I'm in need of the experience of the game to give me a depends on the fact Wurm is we have. The end of the thing because it is If you think about its side.

Yes, the example is a bit of hyperbole, but some languages translate like this from English in one step.

Edited by Hussars

If people cared only half as much for things that are actually important in this world, there would be no more hunger in the world and world peace would be almost achieved.

Edited by Viti
  • Like 1

it seems like the real comments are - good or bad - how do we fix the problems created by this - doesn't matter if rolf was right or wrong - it created a problem situation that needs fixing and we just keep repeating the same things about who was right when we need to focus on how or if we can fix this

• Like 1

Just leave pvp servers a buggy mess and let the inhabitants wallow in it because it seems bugs are only brought to light when its most convenient on them and any GM intervention leads to weeks of forum rage and duplicate posts galore.

there is my minus two irons to this exhausted topic spanning almost every board.