Sign in to follow this  
Madrocks

Recent Events

Well as i see it you all wanted full loot pvp well there you go you got what you wanted

Full loot PvP, yes.

But full loot PvP assisted by a GM, let alone, Rolf.. No.

It went against the Game Rules and if you don't see that, I'm not sure if you know what you're doing.

So what did they get? Why can't you just go get it back it is pvp that's the point i thought and i am sure Baron posted they were going to find a suitable compensation in his post anyway.

Oh well it does not concern me i guess and i have not been keeping up on it so back to my building. 

The 'compensation' was already given, for what little it was.

8kgs glimmer

8kgs ada

20kgs seryll

5kgs rare seryll

Compared to the 3 Drake Sets and all of the Rare tools and ada/glimmer weps/armor lost to Rolf's screw up.

Lose it there in battle, or in a raid, to players.  Not GMs opening walls for players.

there are no rules in wurm <there is only rolf> the god of wurm, he makes decisions and changes his mind when he please's , we all just have to live with that or move on... he has been doing this since the start of wurm, nothing new here , ... sorry this happened to all of you ,...

...Technically he has opened himself up for a small claims lawsuit, since the lost items cost the players a significant amount of real world money.

EULA (the thing you agree to every time you log in)

• You have no ownership in the account; this is a service provided by Code Club AB.

Purchase of silver coins is payment for a service provided by Code Club AB. Silver coins have no real world value

And in detail from the "terms and conditions"

"You acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in the Account and that the account is under the sole ownership of Code Club AB."

"The purchase of Silver Coins in the online store is payment for the service which we provide to add the fictional currency to you in game account. Silver, Iron, Copper and Gold coins are deemed to have no value and are purely a function of the game story. Use of this service does not imply ownership of the coins."

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 26, 2014 - Staff Bashing
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 26, 2014 - Staff Bashing

Hey Rolf, you've run your own game into the ground. Have fun explaining it to daddy.

gg

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 26, 2014 - Racialy Offensive comments, language
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 26, 2014 - Racialy Offensive comments, language

Yup imment lawsuit over this for sure...not. Fact was this code had been in for months, it had been said pubicly that vaults werent intended and they were an expoilt. Rolf at the time he did this thought the change had been put it the patch notes but was clearly overlooked. All Rolf did was ensure a group of raiders were able to reach their earned loot after they spent considerable time and effort breaching a deed and attempting to breach the mine using the code in place. Of course there is other ways the situtation could have been handled but I can understand the reason he did this. Either way this whole thing has been blown so far out of proportion its close to reaching orbit.

Oh god please get me an ambulance, I'm terribly allergic to this dripping pile of bull s hit.

nigga i done. have fun playing the game alone.

im going to log on one more time to move my character to serenity and drop all my stuff for the village.\

ps.

hows bein a gm going?

i literally hate 90% of players in this game now.

Edited by Bagsecg
  • Like 2

You don't seem to get it.  Rolf brags in interviews that items in the game have a real world value and are sold between players.  But now he has directly interfered with the function of the game to affect the outcome of an event, causing certain players to lose some of those items they paid real world money for.  That does open him to lawsuits, even with the EULA.  If he had just restarted the servers and changed the code he would have been ok, but now he could have trouble.  Especially since now he has also reworked the code again, so it would be more likely they would have failed anyway when trying to use disintegrate.  That just makes what he did ingame even more wrong.  I'm not going to get into the argument if anyone should have been ready or anyone got an advantage, only about how Rolf handled the situation.

Rolf has to learn to stop listening to his IRC friends so much, and to stay out of the game itself on the daily things.  I honestly believe that any of the GMs would never have done that, so he should most likely leave that stuff to them.  Some complain that he does not play his own game, but that is one of the few things I think he has right.  Stay out and you do not become biased.  He just needs to expand on that thought.

• Like 1

Its fun watching half the posts in this thread disappear.

• Like 1

True, today and yesterday I saw a lot of posts going missing for not good reason.

Which makes everything a bit sadder.

Edited by Alec

yeah, but my like to post count ratio is going way up!

• Like 1

You don't seem to get it.  Rolf brags in interviews that items in the game have a real world value and are sold between players.  But now he has directly interfered with the function of the game to affect the outcome of an event, causing certain players to lose some of those items they paid real world money for.  That does open him to lawsuits, even with the EULA.  If he had just restarted the servers and changed the code he would have been ok, but now he could have trouble.  Especially since now he has also reworked the code again, so it would be more likely they would have failed anyway when trying to use disintegrate.  That just makes what he did ingame even more wrong.  I'm not going to get into the argument if anyone should have been ready or anyone got an advantage, only about how Rolf handled the situation.

Rolf has to learn to stop listening to his IRC friends so much, and to stay out of the game itself on the daily things.  I honestly believe that any of the GMs would never have done that, so he should most likely leave that stuff to them.  Some complain that he does not play his own game, but that is one of the few things I think he has right.  Stay out and you do not become biased.  He just needs to expand on that thought.

The day someone sues Wurm Online for someone taking away their pixels is the day I quit the human race. Just saying. 

Edited by Emoo

The day someone sues Wurm Online for someone taking away their pixels is the day I quit the human race. Just saying. 

Promise?

• Like 2

Promise?

I promise and if I don't live up to that promise you can sue me.

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 2

I promise and if I don't live up to that promise you can sue me.

I see what you did there.. that's cheating.. you're already an Emoo!*

*Yes I know the animal name is "emu"

I see what you did there.. that's cheating.. you're already an Emoo!*

*Yes I know the animal name is "emu"

Nuuuu

The gig is up! D:

Edit: I should clarify that I just like to ruffle feathers. People shouldn't be so serious.

Edited by Emoo

it had been said pubicly that vaults werent intended and they were an expoilt.

I never saw it mentioned anywhere that safe mines were a exploit or unintended, can you please show where?

Again I'm in full agreement with you that safe mines are a dumb feature on a PvP server but people design their deeds and make PvP decisions based on features. If we had have known there was a chance you could have broken into the mine regardless of how small said chance was the loot would have been safely moved away much earlier.

Honestly, in my opinion, if the "loot" is the driving factor for PVP, then it's the PVP players in general who lose.  What they get is one good haul for one group, but now those who remain now know this is possible, so those "loot vaults" are likely to soon be emptied by the owners and not by future raiders.

While not actually encouraging this behavior, if they had simply left it as a /support or bug report instead of getting Rolf directly involved like this, once it was fixed, they'd have had a chance at a lot more "loot" being available before people figured it out.

Short term sacrifice for long term gains.

• Like 1

They are already paying real money for the pixels, so time for you to punch out.  Like I said, it's not the pixels, it's Rolf's direct interference in the gameplay when he popped that tile and the fact that he has already acknowledged in interviews that the pixels have real world value that can get him in trouble.  And let's face it, his not telling anyone how things work, the idea that we're supposed to figure it out ourselves would not help his case.  It's pushing a legal line I think he'd rather avoid to begin with.

They are already paying real money for the pixels, so time for you to punch out.  Like I said, it's not the pixels, it's Rolf's direct interference in the gameplay when he popped that tile and the fact that he has already acknowledged in interviews that the pixels have real world value that can get him in trouble.  And let's face it, his not telling anyone how things work, the idea that we're supposed to figure it out ourselves would not help his case.  It's pushing a legal line I think he'd rather avoid to begin with.

Have I mentioned yet that people need to start treating this game like a game? Oh yeah I did, right. 

Punching out. 

Have I mentioned yet that people need to start treating this game like a game? Oh yeah I did, right. 

Punching out. 

Ok, let's start treating it like a game.  How about one of these games?:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cyber_Games#World_Cyber_Game_Tournaments

Tell me, what do you think would happen if for any reason the game masters directly interfered with gameplay in any of those games?

Edited by Vroomfondel

Ok, let's start treating it like a game.  How about one of these games?:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cyber_Games#World_Cyber_Game_Tournaments

Tell me, what do you think would happen if for any reason the game masters directly interfered with gameplay in any of those games?

Oh please haha, comparing apples and oranges much?

Maybe once Wurm Online has professional players and tournaments etc we can be outrage when Rolf intervenes in a in game situation. Till then, embrace Wurm for what it is.