Sign in to follow this  
Madrocks

Recent Events

With Rolf removing reinforced tiles during the middle of a raid on another kingdom and going against his own rules for the PVP servers that no GM intervention would come during a PVP event. The owner of this game has shown he does not care about any of his subscribers by saying comments like "[02:35:41] <Rolf> no i have other important things to do in my life besides listening to upset players that do not agree with a ruling".Thing about it is you really don't have anything more important to do than listen to players that are upset they pay for your game every 2 months. Saying that it was a known bug is spitting in the face of the people you screwed over, if it was a known bug then you should have fixed it not waited until someone was getting raided and the issue came up then. "Everyone will be given time to adapt to the new change." this comment is laughable, obviously Sparta(The Deed that was raided) didn't get any time to adapt to the change. Then to make it even worse Rolf decided to give the ones who got raided some moon metals very little moon metals nothing that even came close to the amount of items that they lost from this whole ordeal. You seem to show a lot of favoritism to a certain select group of people (hope that works out for you in the end!) but for me I am done with Wurm the amount of abuse from you and your GM team has finally hit me like a truck full of trucks. The entire GM team is not all bad there seems to be a certain few that have the loudest voice and the others tend to fall in and do as they say, but I could be wrong but the way its looking now it is 100% correct.

This entire thread will probably be deleted and I will be banned because this GM team cant swallow the truth and wont allow anyone else to see when they are in the wrong. 

• Like 30

Who cares? There has been similar shady things down before whats the difference now.

Trading a drake jacket on epic for 3kg or rare glimmer lump

Edited by vinius

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Personal attack
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Personal attack

Don't we have enough drama already?

You don't like it, stop playing, move on and have fun 'till you'll realize WURM is still the best game and you'll be back.

But stop whining like a little kid on the forums. Is already the fourth topic about it. Why not just post in the already existing one if you really want to vent so much?

Not enough attention for you there, drama queen?

• Like 6

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Troll
Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Troll

With Rolf removing reinforced tiles during the middle of a raid on another kingdom and going against his own rules for the PVP servers that no GM intervention would come during a PVP event. The owner of this game has shown he does not care about any of his subscribers by saying comments like "[02:35:41] <Rolf> no i have other important things to do in my life besides listening to upset players that do not agree with a ruling".Thing about it is you really don't have anything more important to do than listen to players that are upset they pay for your game every 2 months. Saying that it was a known bug is spitting in the face of the people you screwed over, if it was a known bug then you should have fixed it not waited until someone was getting raided and the issue came up then. "Everyone will be given time to adapt to the new change." this comment is laughable, obviously Sparta(The Deed that was raided) didn't get any time to adapt to the change. Then to make it even worse Rolf decided to give the ones who got raided some moon metals very little moon metals nothing that even came close to the amount of items that they lost from this whole ordeal. You seem to show a lot of favoritism to a certain select group of people (hope that works out for you in the end!) but for me I am done with Wurm the amount of abuse from you and your GM team has finally hit me like a truck full of trucks. The entire GM team is not all bad there seems to be a certain few that have the loudest voice and the others tend to fall in and do as they say, but I could be wrong but the way its looking now it is 100% correct.

This entire thread will probably be deleted and I will be banned because this GM team cant swallow the truth and wont allow anyone else to see when they are in the wrong. 

xEyd6u5.jpg

10/10 troll would read again r u mad?

Edited by Judicator
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

You don't like it, stop playing, move on and have fun 'till you'll realize WURM is still the best game and you'll be back.

But stop whining like a little kid on the forums. Is already the fourth topic about it. Why not just post in the already existing one if you really want to vent so much?

I really wont be back im selling off everything and I own. Then I am going to play Life is Feudal

TL;DR get over yourself 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

Wurm's PvP is never going to be popular. It's not Wurm's fault. Wurm itself is a great concept, and arguably more fun without the PvP element.

The fault lies in the concept of Sandbox PvP. It's a deeply flawed, self-cannibalizing concept. It begins with people putting in weeks of work. Other people on the other side will then destroy those weeks of work in mere hours. The people who have had their work destroyed then get frustrated and will complain. The resulting shouting matches on the forums cause those frustrated players to quit. The remaining people who forced those frustrated players to quit will then fracture and fight amongst themselves because there is no one left to fight. One side in that civil war will emerge victorious when the other side is eventually forced to quit. The remaining victors will then get bored, quit, or become insignificant forum dwellers who will endlessly ###### while holding onto the rose-tinted glasses when they were on top of a PvP hierarchy that will never exist again. (Until the next doomed-from-the-start Sandbox PvP comes out.)

Sandbox PvP literally devours itself until nothing is left. Even EVE has proven it isn't immune, it just regenerates faster than it can devour.

I'll just leave this here.

• Like 1

We did not know about this change either (which was brought in some time ago), we waited ON DEED for two days to get a reply on the situation, when we knew that disintegrating has a 'chance' to work, we immediately burned well over 10k favor on casts.

We fought over the deed, we won the fight, you barely made much of an effort to defend (apart from 200 alt corpses, which were used to grief and annoy us), we deserve what we got. You got the sword.. don't know why you are complaining, half the loot was random tools made out of moon metal..

So move on, a ruling has been made, deal with it, play the damn game already.

If you don't like losing gear, GO TO ###### FREEDOM, oh wait... you have already shifted everything over there...

Its a shame that monetary value is put on items in-game, it really causes a ruckus between everyone, but what happens.. happens.

I'll just leave this here.

So much... fail in one post... Pvp is still rocking strong on other servers, Chaos was practically the reason this started because they have a ton of mods in there kingdom (Pointing at you MR.) So they have the obvious advantage when it comes to crying.

• Like 2

We did not know about this change either (which was brought in some time ago), we waited ON DEED for two days to get a reply on the situation, when we knew that disintegrating has a 'chance' to work, we immediately burned well over 10k favor on casts.

We fought over the deed, we won the fight, you barely made much of an effort to defend (apart from 200 alt corpses, which were used to grief and annoy us), we deserve what we got. You got the sword.. don't know why you are complaining, half the loot was random tools made out of moon metal..

So move on, a ruling has been made, deal with it, play the damn game already.

If you don't like losing gear, GO TO ###### FREEDOM, oh wait... you have already shifted everything over there...

Its a shame that monetary value is put on items in-game, it really causes a ruckus between everyone, but what happens.. happens.

You know like, he is not JK chaos right?

• Like 1

Keep ignoring the fact there would have been considerably less loot of no loot at all available for you if the devs informed everybody when the update was out. You didn't deserve ######.

• Like 1

I really wont be back im selling off everything and I own. 

im looking to purchase. send me PM

Keep ignoring the fact there would have been considerably less loot of no loot at all available for you if the devs informed everybody when the update was out. You didn't deserve ######.

The devs didn't announce it when it was brought in, not our problem.

Maybe try using steel minedoors? having more defenders? evacuating the loot to freedom earlier? Recalling corpses just in case?

If you quit the game/flee to another server then you need to open your ###### eyes, its a game, play it. if there is a risk, take it.

• Like 1

sorry you are leaving <i think this game needs all the players it can get and keep> hope you return one day ,

You know like, he is not JK chaos right?

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, March 26, 2014 - Discussing moderation.
Hidden by Elen, March 26, 2014 - Discussing moderation.

#LIF

Funny how all the threads on LIF got locked recently...

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, March 26, 2014 - Discussing moderation.
Hidden by Elen, March 26, 2014 - Discussing moderation.

Funny how all the threads on LIF got locked recently...

strange huh?

completely agree

There is one basic fact here, and that is that Rolf chose the worst possible solution to the issue at hand.  He really should have made a proper notice of the code change just before a update or reset, and made it work, rather than take matters into his own hands and pop the reinforced tile.  In that moment he, as the owner and codemaster of the game, interfered with the normal gameplay.  If this game was still in beta I'd say he can do whatever he wants, but this game is in official release a now and such practices must be avoided.  And it does not matter the circumstances presented by any side in the issue, it was handled completely wrong.

Technically he has opened himself up for a small claims lawsuit, since the lost items cost the players a significant amount of real world money.  Anyone who runs a game knows the last thing they should do is directly interfere with a game in progress.  You make changes during updates so there is no accusation of a conflict of interest.  In this case many would still have complained, but there would not be the drama there is now, and no rage quits.  Sometimes I think enjoys causing drama like this, but it is costing him money and it needs to stop.

Rolf, remember, bad news travels fast.  It's not just your current customers that hear of this, possible future customers also hear about it on the other forums.  Every time you make a single mistake like this, it takes 10 really good things to cover it up.  And let's face it, you don't come up with enough really good things that often.

• Like 11

Yup imment lawsuit over this for sure...not. Fact was this code had been in for months, it had been said pubicly that vaults werent intended and they were an expoilt. Rolf at the time he did this thought the change had been put it the patch notes but was clearly overlooked. All Rolf did was ensure a group of raiders were able to reach their earned loot after they spent considerable time and effort breaching a deed and attempting to breach the mine using the code in place. Of course there is other ways the situtation could have been handled but I can understand the reason he did this. Either way this whole thing has been blown so far out of proportion its close to reaching orbit.

• Like 3

Where has it been said publicly before this event?

What designates it as /earned/ loot, I don't get the reasoning.

Well as i see it you all wanted full loot pvp well there you go you got what you wanted

Edited by Kegan