Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Remove Land of the Dead

Not run into the zombies, and ignore them as they wander around uselessly.

Shoot the zombies.

And the lotd you posted was awful, zombie people are weaker than wildcats, and that lotd is mostly people/spiders/bears aka worthless.

And land of the dead is not BL's RoS, Rite of death is, it doesn't need a massive cooldown, just a few days.

Ward, oh wait it's been broken since forever.. Can we get a hot fix for that?

Ward, oh wait it's been broken since forever.. Can we get a hot fix for that?

preferably in the middle of the next pvp with BL using zombies.

solved personally by Rolf by killing all the BL and their zombies for us. BL can get moon rocks or something lol who cares right?

• Like 1

This post was clearly made to distract people from what is really going on in wurm.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Inappropriate
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 26, 2014 - Removed - Inappropriate

When I first wanted to make a priest I carefully read up on all the differences and finally decided because of Wrath of Magranon ,Strongwall and archery, I'd go with Mag.

So I made a new character, converted, premmed her, trained the basics and made my first trip to Elevation, alone, to priest her.

3 days later in circumstances I completely didn't understand Wrath of Magranon was nuked into complete oblivion. (and no - I really don't need anyone trying to explain a "why" about this - I was sold a pony...end of)

But I love playing Wurm so I continued. Even made 2 more alts to cover all the priests.

Then....

5/6 sermons before my Mag priest hits 100 faith....

She loses her Strongwall exclusivity and ends up looking like an average street hooker.

Am I angry? Yup.

Am I butthurt? Yup.

And if you wouldn't be they should ###### call you Jesus.

Because lib priests are going to be strongwalling for people on jkh, right?

I don't understand how a priest that can only be an enemy to you if you are WL getting strongwall suddenly makes mag priests worthless.

Unless you want to go through the massive pains of using an enemy priest to strongwall on your deed like BL used to have to do, mag priests are the same as they always were.

And what does that have to do with land of the dead?

• Like 2

This has all been done supposedly in the name of "balance".

Land of the Dead has always been totally OP but we never talked about it because BL whined and cried so much about their priests I guess we were soft on it.

Don't get me wrong - I DO understand what the BL feeling was confronted with 3 WL priests to your 1. I've actually argued in your favor a number of times.

But what is happening now to me is pure BS.........YOUR OP spell needs to be dragged screaming into the light of reality.

Tell you what - I don't mind abandoning asking for removal - I'd settle for "nuked to uselessness" - just like Wrath of Mag was.

Edited by Heboric

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - OT

When I first wanted to make a priest I carefully read up on all the differences and finally decided because of Wrath of Magranon ,Strongwall and archery, I'd go with Mag.

So I made a new character, converted, premmed her, trained the basics and made my first trip to Elevation, alone, to priest her.

3 days later in circumstances I completely didn't understand Wrath of Magranon was nuked into complete oblivion. (and no - I really don't need anyone trying to explain a "why" about this - I was sold a pony...end of)

But I love playing Wurm so I continued. Even made 2 more alts to cover all the priests.

Then....

5/6 sermons before my Mag priest hits 100 faith....

She loses her Strongwall exclusivity and ends up looking like an average street hooker.

Am I angry? Yup.

Am I butthurt? Yup.

And if you wouldn't be they should ###### call you Jesus.

Abandon thread, OP has officially derailed his own suggestion topic

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - OT

ReG8jPf.gif

Edited by Iulianx

The fact that mag is getting more and more useless, has nothing to do with land of the deed, which basically allows raiders to avoid deed guards.

As a main char mag priest I am looking for a free deity change or a way to make mag somewhat usefully.

Enchants:

No good and unique enchants - compered to Vyn, Fo and Lib(but that is just fine)

Combat Spells:

Only one area control spell(fire pillar) - Fungus(internal) is better by a small amount and vyn has two(ice pillar and tenticals or however)

Useless damage spell(fire heart) - as useless as ice shard, but Lib has better spells here(cause heal be same/more damage......)

mass stam - only group buff, partly usefull, long cool down, doesn't come close the Lib and Fo counterpart.

Passive:

25% Damage bonus - good, doesn't stack with hate and hate is way better and for everyone.

50% Res-stone - awesome, but it is not 75% it is 50%

Mining and Archery - standard for a "War" priest, but counterpart can even woodcut, which is specially useful on epic cause of of body stam.

My suggestion here is that Mag needs a tweak and requires some buffs for their team.

• Like 1

So in exchange for BL getting access to a non-combat spell (which will mainly be used to repair griefing damage), you're asking to get rid of a combat spell that is hardly ever used, yet is also somehow gamebreaking at the same time.

Fake drama, fake drama everywhere

• Like 6

The fact that mag is getting more and more useless, has nothing to do with land of the deed, which basically allows raiders to avoid deed guards.

As a main char mag priest I am looking for a free deity change or a way to make mag somewhat usefully.

Enchants:

No good and unique enchants - compered to Vyn, Fo and Lib(but that is just fine)

Combat Spells:

Only one area control spell(fire pillar) - Fungus(internal) is better by a small amount and vyn has two(ice pillar and tenticals or however)

Useless damage spell(fire heart) - as useless as ice shard, but Lib has better spells here(cause heal be same/more damage......)

mass stam - only group buff, partly usefull, long cool down, doesn't come close the Lib and Fo counterpart.

Passive:

25% Damage bonus - good, doesn't stack with hate and hate is way better and for everyone.

50% Res-stone - awesome, but it is not 75% it is 50%

Mining and Archery - standard for a "War" priest, but counterpart can even woodcut, which is specially useful on epic cause of of body stam.

My suggestion here is that Mag needs a tweak and requires some buffs for their team.

Fungus spawns mycelium tiles, but only if there's no WL domain. OP as ######, this ###### definitely needs to be nerfed. Get your facts straight before you write up a post like that.

I'm assuming you're actually referring to fungus trap, which (from what I heard) does a little bit less damage than fire pillar, but in return deals poison wounds. Not internals, poison wounds. These poison wounds however are not real poison wounds, they don't kill you after 10 minutes or anything, they're just for looks. Bug report has been submitted almost 2 years ago but they never got back to us.

Fire heart / ice shard need to be looked at indeed.

Group stam - I don't see anyone using this ever so i guess it's pretty useless, but you're putting it in a way as if Scorn of Libila is like a no cd orb of doom is so much ######. Scorn of Libila heals like 2 wounds, but only if it actually does damage. Combine that with a timer thats 1.5x that of light of fo and a 1 tile range and a decent cooldown and you get "an extremely OP spell that should be nerfed to hell because I need something to cry about". If scorn needs a nerf, LoF definitely needs one because it's so much more powerful.

Magranon's passives:

1.25x - This is extremely powerful, especially now that more and more people are getting SotG. Hate bonus is starting to lose its edge because of that (since after a few minutes its gone). This passive doesn't.

Resstone passive - I have never seen any numbers on this, but people tell me it stacks with normal resstones, thereby giving you a 75% chance of not losing your items. IMO this passive has always been something like "Oh let's see, mag is the only god that has shaker orbs in its arsenal, how can we make it so that players don't have to pay for resstones either". Lib on the other hand does not have any passives apart from the default follower ones.

The skill restrictions for priests I think are fine,, especially now that champing up is nice again. You seem to forget BL has only the one priest to make up for your 3

As for the LOTD bomb, I think Gary kinda nailed it.

• Like 4

So in exchange for BL getting access to a non-combat spell (which will mainly be used to repair griefing damage), you're asking to get rid of a combat spell that is hardly ever used, yet is also somehow gamebreaking at the same time.

Fake drama, fake drama everywhere

Repair griefing damage? When it takes 10K favor to bust through just 1 tile? Please.

In point of fact on the same Piltover raid that saw Land of the Dead spawned in succession by more than one priest, Shankiest, aka Tazak, as a Mag priest strongwalled shut and reinforced to make unusable the entire deed entrance.

And we've already seen how Nos is planning to use it.

But I'd have to agree with one thing. Fake drama. Absolutely.

Repair griefing damage? When it takes 10K favor to bust through just 1 tile? Please.

In point of fact on the same Piltover raid that saw Land of the Dead spawned in succession by more than one priest, Shankiest, aka Tazak, as a Mag priest strongwalled shut and reinforced to make unusable the entire deed entrance.

And we've already seen how Nos is planning to use it.

But I'd have to agree with one thing. Fake drama. Absolutely.

Where are you getting this 10k favor number from? Do you not understand chance? sure it may take 10k, it could also take more or less.

In regards to what you said the Mag priest did, it was a Mag priest that did it, not a BL one so why are you bringing that up? Why not just get one of your mag priests to undo it when it was over?

Sure you can go on and on about this and that but bringing up strongwall in a thread about Land of the Dead? surely you can do better than that.

I'd say keep land of the dead but make a max revive - 200+ zombies is just over powered where as 20-50 still give a edge but are more manageable

+1 not cus its op cus it crashes the server

Edited by mrgbgbo

+1 delete this spell, it breaks the game and even if it didn't there's no WL counter

+1 delete this spell, it breaks the game and even if it didn't there's no WL counter

Ward(Except its been broken forever, but that's wurm)

Ward(Except its been broken forever, but that's wurm)

I search for that on our alwaystrustyandupdatedandcompleteandsuperduperawesome wiki.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Ward

I don't understand how this could work as a counter.

Edited by Alec

Turn drive away to make them die when it is a zombie, still would only take out a small amount, but better than nothing.  I mean genesis is single target and high faith requirement that kills zombies but no where near sufficient for that task (30 min cooldown!!).  Its great at fixing horses though :)

Giving a spell to counter zombie will actually benefit BL as atm there is no way we would engage (in closed area) with possibility of a zombie zerg, but if we could have a workable counter then engagement could actually happen.

Ward is the perfect spell to fix and use as it almost seem like it was intended to drive off a zombie horde, I think as only 1 tile? (not sure) it should kill zombies as driving away 1 tile will mean nothing.  Needs AoE to really be useful for that task but im not sure how to balance it, should be strong imo as will be situational unlike general pillars.

Edited by Rushy

LOTD didnt crash the server, 90% of all "lag" was client side.

Weve done missions before with 40 people in local and rezzed 200 cavebugs inside a 2x2. No issues at all.

Im suprised none of you know anything about countering BL spells as much as we use them

However, if this dumb suggestion is added, give us 6 champs back seeing as how we still have to fight two kingdoms.

Edited by Propheteer

However, if this dumb suggestion is added, give us 6 champs back seeing as how we still have to fight two kingdoms.

Two? what about KoS?

Two? what about KoS?

They arent a real kingdom, they also dont ally.

+1

BL already has a ritual spell they dont need a 2nd 300 favor spell especially one that dose not have a long lock out for per server.  But even more so dose 1 priest really need 3 spells that basically do the same thing? if you there insist on giving them 2 300 favor spells atlest make it something different then spells they already have.