Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Disintegration bugfix

The disintegration spell has received a bug fix where it actually will remove reinforcements. The chances are very low – 2% for a 50 power cast and 10% if you manage to cast a 90 power spell which is hard enough for a difficulty 70 spell. This goes up to 25% at 95 power and 50 percent at 98%. The reason behind the feature is that it has to be possible in some way to remove reinforcements since no areas of the game should be possible to put off limit indefinately. Since the chances are so low it seemed like a natural coincidence that you did not know of the effect, but as was recently proven it did not work at all.

The disintegration spell has been granted to priests of the other religions as well on PvP servers only. The reason for this is that it is an offensive measure on those servers usually but a service which can be managed by Magranon priests on the other servers.

Libila priests may now also cast the Strongwall spell.

Strongwall and Disintegrate spells are now tied to mining permissions on deed.

Missions will no longer require seasonal items.

Libila favor gain for sacrificing was tweaked downwards again.

• Libila priests may now also cast the Strongwall spell.

Thank you for that...

In addition, I was just wondering...even with a fully reinforced cave, isn't there a door? Can't an attacking force just bash down the door to gain access to it. Why the need for disintegrate. I am not trolling or flaming or even criticizing the "bug fix", but am just curious. 

Thank you for that...

In addition, I was just wondering...even with a fully reinforced cave, isn't there a door? Can't an attacking force just bash down the door to gain access to it. Why the need for disintegrate. I am not trolling or flaming or even criticizing the "bug fix", but am just curious. 

You could block passages with strongwall, a cave with strongwall on all sides in a deed was impossible to get into unless you were the mayor of the deed.

Then wouldn't it just be easier to require that all caves must have at least one outlet instead of all this fooferraw?

• Like 2

Since the chances are so low it seemed like a natural coincidence that you did not know of the effect, but as was recently proven it did not work at all.

This right here just sealed the deal for me. Being lied to is one thing, But being made to feel like an idiot because I didn't realize this was fixed is beyond anything I'm prepared to pay for anymore.

Maybe if there was some kind of organized documentation for this game, it'd be different.

• Like 2

oh yeah because people only asked 200 times if disintegration was supposed to destroy reinforcements and the reply "no" came up all 199 times.

Edited by thenewcndo
  • Like 2

Thank you for that...

No. If someone collapses from the inside then reinforces from the inside then theres no door.

oh yeah because people only asked 200 times if disintegration was supposed to destroy reinforcements and the reply "no" came up all 199 times.

Probably gave him the idea after the hundredth or so "people"; however, who knows except Rolf when he added/intended that behavior. At some point Rolf intended for the enchant to have a chance of taking down reinforcements, and it was demonstrated for him that this was not the case.

Thus the behavior was fixed. Apparently it was a quick easy fix.

Then wouldn't it just be easier to require that all caves must have at least one outlet instead of all this fooferraw?

it seems this would be a good solution to the vault issue - as all this is about people makeing vaults and how to counter them - vaults should not exsist as it defeats the concept of pvp server where anything should be reachable

Sign in to follow this