Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update on the Reinforcements situation, spells and favour.

My off deep parts of mine are under my perimeter and it is ... no, it was ... protected by reinforced walls.

Go there and try to deed it over and mine it out, smart aleck.

Until now it was safe, but now it is compromised.

Once in past I wanted to remove single one reinforced wall (in way of tunnel) just outside my perimeter. I had to resize down my deed, prem one alt, place deed there, mine it out, disband and resize my deed back to original size. It was expensive, too expensive to be usefull as griefing tool.

Now it is cheap and legal griefing tool. It costs only some patience of any better Magranon priest. Grats.

Well I will live with that. But IF someone will use it to grief my mine, I will go berserk, revive my 100 faith, 80 chann Mag to spread terror around with the same, now legal, griefing tool.

Zak, it doesn't work on freedom :)

" bug and post about it, SPARTA WAS NOT DEFENDED ANYWAY! So what would the outcome have become anyway? It would have resulted in the exact same loss of loot with NO COMPENSATION. "

You are not correct - read all carefully - we had around 1h to move all loot to safe place. all was in hitchet carts

we have safe route (as we did with sword of mag) But that was totally unknown about some "exploit"

many times said.

Edited by fsbkun

The more I think about this, and the other odd issues that have cropped up since I started playing make me think we're just playing on Rolfs' Minecraft server that happens to have the Wurm mod active. What he wants, goes, and rules will be changed as he sees fit. 

We pay for this?

• Like 2

Zak, it doesn't work on freedom :)

Says who?

It may only be possible for mag priests, but still..

You don't seem to realise that had the change been announced beforehand. The loot would not have been there for you to take.

Even if we had attacked a deed far behind the frontline and the exact situation had occured, you would or could have still abused the reinforced save mines. Argumenting after the facts or a 'what if' scenario is not really relevant.

Please keep in mind it's forbidden to make any part of the map inpenetrable and second, as the game rules state, nobody owns anything in this game, not even his character as it is all controlled by Code Club AB.

Edited by Bittereinder

I wonder how all the smug MR who feels they did nothing wrong at all, will feel in a couple of months when there is no one to pvp against but themselves?

• Like 3

Even if we had attacked a deed far behind the frontline and the exact situation had occured, you would have still abused the reinforced save mines. Argumenting after the facts is not really relevant.

Please keep in mind it's forbidden to make any part of the map inpenetrable and second, as the game rules state, nobody owns anything in this game, not even his character as it is all controlled by Code Club AB.

True, but a raid on something closer to Kyara would have been less likely to succeed.

And no, I know it is no use to get into these types of arguments. It is like arguing what would have happened if Hitler had not been born or whatever. It just goes with the butthurtness of knowing we could have done something if we had known that mechanics had changed.

Edited by Lau
  • Like 2

That`s sad to say, but you have to be prepared that one day Code Club AB will sell your toon with all gear behind you back and without any question. Right?

If you had sent more people to defend

If you had karma'd your body

If you had taken away the stuff as you did with the sword of Magnaron

Thumbs up to Lau for having a rational approach and being able to look at things from a distance.

That`s sad to say, but you have to be prepared that one day Code Club AB will sell your toon with all gear behind you back and without any question. Right?

I won't be happy with it, but I'm realistic and I realize what we do and have in this game is nothing but bits and bytes... I prefer not to store too many things or to trade silver for cash once every while just to be sure.

Edited by Bittereinder

Even if we had attacked a deed far behind the frontline and the exact situation had occured, you would or could have still abused the reinforced save mines. Argumenting after the facts or a 'what if' scenario is not really relevant.

Can you seriously please stop acting like Fsb abused some sort of known bug? Like seriously, when we got to Kratos.. what do you think blocked us. WOW it was a reinforced tile, I guess you're all bug abusers now and should be banned? No, because that would be silly. Even when Rolf gave you literally everything, you're still trying to say he abused a bug which is just pathetic because you know it's not true.

It's just semantics man, use another word if you will.

I'm not making things personal and I don't want Fsbkun banned.

Edited by Bittereinder

Rolf called it an exploit.

Rolf calls rafts in carts/boats an exploit.

• Like 2

We have the same issue with abusing the enclosures on PVE servers where there is also going to be a change in the future.

That is a separate debate in itself and the GM team and us devs have been talking it over for quite some time to especially give the new players another form of viable safe place.

Abusing enclosures? I bought a deed because I realized that just making a legal enclosure alone would not protect me from griefers on Freedom. I'd like some clarification on what you mean by abusing enclosures, and what changes are going to be made, preferably before you make them. I really love this game, and am willing to put money into it nearly every week, so long as I'm not forced into PvP on the PvE servers then told it's my fault for trying to "abuse" a feature. 

• Like 1

Abusing enclosures? I bought a deed because I realized that just making a legal enclosure alone would not protect me from griefers on Freedom. I'd like some clarification on what you mean by abusing enclosures, and what changes are going to be made, preferably before you make them. I really love this game, and am willing to put money into it nearly every week, so long as I'm not forced into PvP on the PvE servers then told it's my fault for trying to "abuse" a feature. 

Your deed is and will always be sure. You OWN that land.

Anything outside deed may not be sure at some point in the future.

Like reinforced mines outside deeds were safe, they are no longer; legal enclosures outside deeds are still safe, but they may not be.

But if you deed it, there is nothing to worry about it and nobody will force you into anything.

Your deed is and will always be sure. You OWN that land.

Anything outside deed may not be sure at some point in the future.

Like reinforced mines outside deeds were safe, they are no longer; legal enclosures outside deeds are still safe, but they may not be.

But if you deed it, there is nothing to worry about it and nobody will force you into anything.

So I don't have to convert my entire deed into a giant thorn patch surrounded by lava? Phew. 

Them please ask Rolf remove all containers in backpacks/pans/satchels - it is exploit Im pretty sure

Time to HOTFIX that bug just ingame.

• Like 4

Them please ask Rolf remove all containers in backpacks/pans/satchels - it is exploit Im pretty sure

Best bet would say that it won't be fixed until a dev handles it via a support call during a pvp raid with lots of loot stashed in it? All i can figure based on events from the last 3 days. Sell your packs now!

One player per server to decide what is good or bad for hundreds of other players? This is not your serious! The first of April is yet to come ^^

Best bet would say that it won't be fixed until a dev handles it via a support call during a pvp raid with lots of loot stashed in it? All i can figure based on events from the last 3 days. Sell your packs now!

Yeah. But that only works for one kingdom on chaos

Personal view-point, not speaking as staff.

So mines on public lands you mean.  I would say those are public mines, if someone wants to spend the favor to break into one.

Player view, speaking as a paying customer.

No, you are missing the point. Some tunnels are pre-existing that go from DEED mines and connect TO off-deed tunnels. Give us the ability to cheaply (NOT 5s a tile!!!) collapse mine tunnels on our OWN deed AND perimeter, OR, give us the ability to put a door INSIDE our mine ON our deed to shut off outside access. THAT is what was asked for. They aren't asking for the area in a non deeded place to be secured. They are asking for the ability to secure their own tunnels on their own property.

• Like 1

Yes, indeed. It is ridiculous beyond anything that Rolf knowingly allows these containers to be traded for up to 1 gold coin each, when he could fix it with a flick of his finger.

I guess his pride over people earning real money playing his game is bigger than his willingness to fix certain bugs/exploits (dragons included).

• Like 1

How about letting the players decide amongst themselves who will be their representatives in such a council. Naturally from all serves, religions etc., also based on the average population of the servers they are representing. This way, the council members cannot be accused that they were handpicked by wurm staff and because of this, providing biased decisions.

LOTRO did, and is doing this. They call it the 'Player's Council'. Every single one of whom were handpicked by Turbine staff, and yet they were supposed to 'represent' the players. The players asked to choose their own representatives, and were told no. We are picking them for you.

Learn from the mistakes of those who came before you, or like Turbine, you will no longer be 'powered by your fans', as they will go elsewhere. EQN Landmark is starting to look very good right about now. Straighten out your game folks, before you don't have one.

(Caps for emphasis, not for yelling)

May I suggest that you NOT form an intermediate subgroup of players to assist with suggestion processing?  I work on a software development team for a living.  We have a customer support site where we allow customers to make suggestions of any kind.  The dev team also makes internal suggestions.  However, all of the suggestions get fed into a single Team Foundation Server where they sit until the development team gathers and goes through each and every one of them.  We on the dev team promote the ones we feel merit inclusion into "approved" status.  We then prioritize the approved list and feed our sprints from them based on capacity.

I suggest that Code Club do something similar.  Perhaps have someone on staff OR perhaps forum moderators scrape through the suggestion forum and group all the suggestions into SYSTEM TOPICS (like PVP, cooking, farming, etc.). Then the dev team can take one TOPIC a month and look at all the suggested changes to date in that TOPIC and determine which ones have merit and which do not.  Filter out the ones you want to implement and then CREATE a WURM DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP on the forum, maybe broken down quarterly, and tell the players which topics you are going to focus on for that quarter or iteration.  While you are doing the work, you will be receiving additional comments, feedback, etc. from players because they will KNOW the team is focusing on a particular topic of gameplay at that time.  When the sprints are done for that iteration of the topic, throw it on the test server, debug, AND DOCUMENT all of the added features, changes, etc.  Rinse and Repeat.

Creating a player-driven group to filter suggestions will only give the impression that the development team is listening LESS AND LESS to the player-base as a whole.  Those not in the group will feel as though NOBODY hears them.  Yes, all this takes time.  Sometimes I get totally sick of sprint meetings.  Sometimes I just want to code!  But we have seen an increase in development accomplishments and happier customers as a result of implementing a development life cycle such as I have described.

Just a thought.

Wow. This sounds so...common sense. And logical. And rational.

Nah... they'll never do it in a million years. :lol:

@Hussars

When we raided and destroyed Sparta on the 23rd of March. None of us knew that disintegrate could destroy reinforced walls. Had we known at that time, we would've focused our efforts on breaking into their safe vault first rather than catapulting every building and digging down their walls.

On the 24th of March, we learned that disintegrate was meant to be able to destroy reinforced walls and so we returned to Sparta to get into their safe vault. We were even talking about asking Rolf to spectate us to ensure it was working as intended.

I'm sorry but, all these rationalizations, trying to make it all sound so logical if someone isn't paying attention still leaves the main problem that you guys keep skirting around like politicians and I'm just not buying it.

You say none of you knew at the outset. Ok.  Then you learned of it on the 24th.  In another post you say only one person was told, So I assume the 24th is when it was learned, yes?  In that other post you also said that this one person learned of it by querying Rolf.  So the big question on this part is, what in the world would cause a player to query the owner of a game company about an ability that "no one" (your words) thinks would do what you wanted it to do?  Why ask?  So I'm sorry but that part of the story is just bs imo.

And all this attempt to cover it all up, and calling it a game breaking bug. What would the attackers have lost?  Time?  lol.  What did the attacked lose by Rolf's intervention?  Well you know that better than I. 

If this exact same scenario happened in any other pvp game, what do you think would be the reactiion?  In all my years of internet gaming, I have never heard of such a thing happening.  This was't just fixing a bug that determined an outcome against a dungeon mob or something, where they get fat lootz.  Even that would never happen. But when said fat lootz is being taken away from other players, and when said fat lootz has real world money value, well that's just unacceptable.

It's ok because he owns the game?  lol.  Facetious to say the least.  Rolf had no business, zero, entering a game and "fixing" something like that on-the-fly to enable his (seeming) buddies to loot a deed. I don't care if he owns the game or if he's Mother Theresa.  You say Rolf didn't know that nobody knew.  Bull.  I've seem a bazillion threads on the "cave vault" issue and with the cozy relationship you all have with Rolf, you can't tell me he wasn't aware of the issues.  Was it ever said "Hey you can just use disintigrate?"  How long was this supposedly "fixed?"  Where is that documented?  Oh wait.....  And if he truly wasn't well versed, then all the more reason he shouldn't have intervened.

I don't pvp and have no vested interest in this. It just aggravates me to no end that this kind of thing goes on, in a game I've been giving a portion of my very limited income to. And never any admission that anything is wrong at all.  The fact that they're all acting like this is just fine only tells me that we can expect more of the same in the future.   So unprofessional.

• Like 7