Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update on the Reinforcements situation, spells and favour.

I would say that it isn't your responsibility to maintain it, so take away mining privileges and let natural cave ins do the dirty work.

It was never my intention to not allow travel through this passage. It simply has been progressing as the only way to keep myself from being griefed.

And now that I've publicly made posts, even if I were allow a natural cave in to occur, I'd still be accused of closing or collapsing the tunnel, so there's really no win for me here.

It's really an awesome deed, and the view is incredible.

My play style however, absolutely does NOT mesh with being told what I can or cannot do on a deed that I pay real currency for on a monthly basis. Therefore, I think the best thing I can do is put the deed up for sale and let an interested party that doesn't have any such problems in this area take it over.

Dumb question ... how come when Rolf bothers to code ###### and it breaks, we get yellow spam every 15 minutes, but he fixes a exploit ( lol ) and not a peep?

Rolf hasn't played enough in the last few years to know how Wurm really works, I'd think the only other person with less game experience would be the OP. 

• Like 1

I am sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this, but here devs screwed up, apologized and rolled back only part of the database. And they aren't even charging people for their game. Rolf should learn from those guys, because he have a very bad practice of not acknowledging his screw-ups.

Edited by Arty
  • Like 3

The way poe handled themselves was very professional and wurm should take notes

It was never my intention to not allow travel through this passage. It simply has been progressing as the only way to keep myself from being griefed.

And now that I've publicly made posts, even if I were allow a natural cave in to occur, I'd still be accused of closing or collapsing the tunnel, so there's really no win for me here.

My play style however, absolutely does NOT mesh with being told what I can or cannot do on a deed that I pay real currency for on a monthly basis. Therefore, I think the best thing I can do is put the deed up for sale and let an interested party that doesn't have any such problems in this area take it over.

Yeah, the system should have some way to readily identify "Heritage" locations when placing a deed and provide a pop-up about what placing a deed over one entails.

All BS aside, again, it sucks you got caught in the middle on it, either way you go with it, best of luck.

Hmmm, I'm guessing my post was deleted because it appeared to be insulting to holy rolf the first. And yet, I see plenty of troll posts in this thread that are against people being mad with Rolf, and the mods don't clear them.

• Like 1

OMG rage on the forums cause rolf does what he always does! ###### the game up! and we can all act surprised about it!

Next we will be surprised that a GM's might be "helping" a friend out with unknown information to the rest of the community...

http:////i.imgflip.com/7rl5j.jpg

I'm reposting my reply, but without the meme this time.

People are going to stop playing the game if one or more of the following happens:

A - Rolf continues to act in the way he is acting now.

B - A game with the same features as Wurm comes out, but with a more competent dev team.

Probably shouldn't have deeded a public tunnel/highway then.  Just saying.

OMG rage on the forums cause rolf does what he always does! ###### the game up! and we can all act surprised about it! 

Next we will be surprised that a GM's might be "helping" a friend out with unknown information to the rest of the community... 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 2

Remove this post or ban me but that will just prove all this it even more

No way man :) You can count on 1 warning point, but keep doing :D

I pay with silvers. I wouldnt be here if i had to pay with real life money 

Anyway Rolf and the GMs just dont care anymore. Someone has abused a bug and stole an account and guess what? He was allowed to keep it... Have you wondered why enki posted that account sharing myth thread all the sudden? That's why... All this might have been the last straw for me and im seriously thinking of selling everything and stop playing this stupid game for as long as rolf is a dev because this game will not improve until then. The developers of this game has to be the most unproffessional dev team i've ever seen in my life. And what's worse is that rolf  doesnt care about any of this and i have seen 0% improvement from his part ever since i started playing. And the game has been going on for 10+ years. The whole "indie devs" thing has to stop. Even indie devs have some sort of a quality control which doesnt seem to exist here. The only redeeming factor in this is people like Johan who is actually doing a really good job as PR and so are many other devs but the main problem with this game is rolf himself. It doesnt surprise me that notch left development in 2007? maybe he realised all this first hand i dont know but i'd love to meet him and ask him about this. Also the forums should not be run by GMs who play the game itself or not by GMs who play on pvp servers as there are too much bias, and this was said by someone who is a GM himself. I've seen many favoritism happening especially in the chaos skirmishes thread. (inb4 PM enki about this. I actually did PM enki about some matter regarding the forums mods that disgusts me, that is the random post removals that is going on in this forum... this has been months ago and i'm still waiting for him to reply) 

Bottom line is: rolf needs to go in order for the game to improve and i don't think i'm the first one to say that on the forums.

Remove this post or ban me but that will just prove all this even more

More than "Rolf needs to go", would be a "Rolf needs to change".

But yeah, take my +1 to your suggestion.

More than "Rolf needs to go", would be a "Rolf needs to change".

But yeah, take my +1 to your suggestion.

If over the past 10 years he couldnt change, he will never change. 

Anyway Rolf and the GMs just dont care anymore. Someone has abused a bug and stole an account and guess what? He was allowed to keep it... 

LOL.. while sales on suspiciously stolen account usually end with account freeze... Well.. except there is more to this than what you say, I think that account should at very least just be banned so no one win.

Edited by rosedragon

If over the past 10 years he couldnt change, he will never change. 

Oh, don't say that, this could be one of those thing of "change or die", he just needs to the death(game dying because of him) right around the corner.

maybe just a vacation then a return with fresh minds and eyes and see where it goes - he seems to be pushing very hard on upgrading the game but (as a fellow tech) allot of the current situation seems to being caused by pushing himself to hard and getting short with people and making sudden decisions all seems signs of fatigue and maybe a week off to get a clear head might be in order

maybe just a vacation then a return with fresh minds and eyes and see where it goes - he seems to be pushing very hard on upgrading the game but (as a fellow tech) allot of the current situation seems to being caused by pushing himself to hard and getting short with people and making sudden decisions all seems signs of fatigue and maybe a week off to get a clear head might be in order

As far as I know Rolf has taken a lot of vacations, to blame the stress of working too much as the reasons of this last events.

You guys really love drama... yeah, for the sake of argumentation, let's accept it was a mistake with Rolf. But that's it - a mistake. You never make mistakes?

Well I think Rolf and the whole team do a great job and I support them totally (that's why I also changed the avatar slightly.

I know what will come now - call me a fan boy. Yeah, I am one. Any problems with that, whiners?

• Like 2

Any problems with that, whiners?

That you are unnecessary aggressive and rude about it.

You guys really love drama... yeah, for the sake of argumentation, let's accept it was a mistake with Rolf. But that's it - a mistake. You never make mistakes?

Well I think Rolf and the whole team do a great job and I support them totally (that's why I also changed the avatar slightly.

I know what will come now - call me a fan boy. Yeah, I am one. Any problems with that, whiners?

ScarfaceRo has spoken. Let the Church say amen.

• Like 3

do I make mistakes - sure I'm human - do I love drama - no I tend to try to avoid it in games - I do however know that as someone who is his own boss that if I make mistakes I have to be accountable to my clients - and sure I can say well its my choice to work for them or not - but end of the day I still have to listen to their opinions and this is a big change and people need time to vent as well as explain why they do/don't like the changes -however in end of the day we should focus on where to go from here not keep talking about the problem

Edited by Forgedrake
  • Like 2

do I make mistakes - sure I'm human - do I love drama - no I tend to try to avoid it in games - I do however know that as someone who is his own boss that if I make mistakes I have to be accountable to my clients - and sure I can say well its my choice to work for them or not - but end of the day I still have to listen to their opinions and this is a big change and people need time to vent as well as explain why they do/don't like the changes -however in end of the day we should focus on where to go from here not keep talking about the problem

Talking about the problem is fine, even more than that - is recommended.

However Insulting Rolf and/or the devs/gms team and calling them names (I saw many of those posts that got deleted, but these things are still present in still existing posts) is not.

Constructive criticism is great. Endless whines and empty threats on the other hand are just pathetic.

Probably shouldn't have deeded a public tunnel/highway then.  Just saying.

I was new to the game when I deeded it and didn't understand that the mining in the game game was a 2D 'pillars-based' and not a 3D mining system. I deeded at the TOP of the mountain, and climbed it from the east side. I had no idea that stinking tunnel was even THERE until 3 weeks later when I got around to exploring around the base of the mountain. In short, I had no idea at all that the tunnel was there in the first place, OR that a tunnel placed at the BOTTOM of a mountain, would interfere with a mine at the very TOP. I also never saw the player created map of Pristine until weeks later as well. Just saying. :P

For one I have something against GM & DEV team discussion's on changes. I will explain Why.

1. Over looking simple rules to great game development.

No one should have greater Influence on a Games direction than the Players who do not police or develop the said game. 

2. PVP players should have no say for anything that exist on a PVE server cause they have tainted views and would always not find it bad to mix pvp style gaming and mechanics in a pve server.

3. PVE / PVP players these are the players who play on both types of server's Should also not have any say of changes on a PVE only server cause they have tainted views and would also not have a issue allowing pvp type mechanics on a PVE server.

4. Only and only true PVE players should be able to influence any change on a PVE server. The Views of a true PVE player are always different than a True PVP or PVP/PVE players views.

So with this all being said I see a problem with your panel of people talking changes over behind closed doors cause it is so mixed it's like pouring mustard on a cake and calling it sweet and good to eat.

I'm a true PVE fan and hate PVP with a passion an there are many like me. Moist of the GM's are pvp fans and play on pvp servers and some play on both which is all the wrong stuff to even discuss any changes on a PVE server.

Fair warning and listen Good I warned Jooky about stuff like this with Xsyon, I warned SOE and I have Warned almost every other MMO out there on topics and no one seems to listen till it's too late. SOE is finally listening to a lot I have to say now and Jooky is finally going back and making some of the said changes and turning around his failure. Yes Xsyon is now having a lot of returning players now so his funds are now starting to grow maybe now he can get it right.

So please if you are going to do changes on a PVE server you need to get a pure Team of PVE only fans and bounce stuff off them and have no out side influence from PVP. The worst thing Game Developers do is make the ultimate mistake and don't bring psychology into there decision making.

With all this I wish you luck on your decision making for the changes you have coming.

• Like 1

Your deed is and will always be sure. You OWN that land.

Anything outside deed may not be sure at some point in the future.

Like reinforced mines outside deeds were safe, they are no longer; legal enclosures outside deeds are still safe, but they may not be.

But if you deed it, there is nothing to worry about it and nobody will force you into anything.

Tell it of all the Deed holders on JK Home when it went PVP over night.