Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update on the Reinforcements situation, spells and favour.

Secondly is the distribution of spells to balance out the ability to get into deeds, especially on the pvp servers.

We are giving the Disintegrate spell to all pvp priests but not on freedom cluster.

The spell will be twice as hard to do for non Magranon priests.

Question: Does this statement mean that:

1.) This spell does not EXIST on Freedom cluster? (Don't have a priest so I don't know who has what.)

OR

2.) This spell DOES exist on Freedom cluster, but only certain (not all) priests currently have it. So only.. what.. Mag priests have it on Freedom?

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Disintegrate

It also says it's tied to mining permissions on deed. But what stops someone from disintegrating my perimeter reinforced wall and going straight into my mine?

The perimeter is part of what we pay real cash in monthly upkeep for. If all of a sudden anyone can disintegrate a reinforced perimeter wall, that PRIOR TO TODAY was completely safe, and secure, and which the security of countless mines are built around, then this is absolutely unacceptable.

I currently own the dead center of the Tunnel of Unrest on Pristine.

I've had to extend and expand my deed recently to discourage vandalism and people thinking it was cute to mine out and collapse my reinforced tiles in my side tunnel leading up to my deed.

If I get ANY more vandalism and griefing on my deed, I absolutely WILL shut down.this entire tunnel and collapse the whole damn thing.

Then the rest of you can either dig another tunnel OFF of my deed, and go grief someone else, or learn to sail.

Every so called 'fix' you folks implement lately seems to do nothing but aid and assist the griefers. I'm sure that's not intentional. But that's how it's playing out.

And if you refuse to help us people being griefed, we'll find our own solutions to them. Like collapsing the dead center of previously 'public' tunnels which are now dead center of my deed, thus shutting off 'easy' travel to the entire western side. 'Oh you can't do that'. Oh yes, I CAN. And I WILL, if the griefing doesn't stop. As I said, the more freedom you give to griefers, the more creative solutions people will come up with to stop them. In my case, it's simple. Collapse the tunnel and the griefing stops. There are at least three other ways up and around this mountain other than that tunnel. It's not the ONLY way. It's just the best known. I'm not obligated to keep such a thing open if people are going to misuse it and abuse it. It also runs longwise on my deed and totally screws up my ability to connect my other mines because some genius way back when thought it was a brilliant idea to totally hork over an entire mountain range by digging a tunnel THROUGH the entirety of it, thereby obliterating any possibility of running a mine counter-direction at ANY level, due to dropshafts and this being a 2D 'pillar' game vs 3D. Someone digging a tunnel at the BOTTOM of a mountain, does not logically cause the tiles at the TOP of the mountain to create a 40 tile deep dropshaft! This whole 'pillar' concept is ridiculous, but that's another conversation entirely.

The bottom line is that I pay real dollars each month for my deed and I refuse to be endlessly griefed on a PVE server.

If you keep enabling the griefers, I'll permanently disable them by collapsing the Tunnel of Unrest. End of story.

Well many players have known that reinforced walls were not effected by disintegrate. Easily enough proven go look under MR forts and see if theirs are reinforced just like Jk was. The wikki has been changed by players and as such i remember it said it could and that people have reported disintegrate did not work. Thing is the code said it did and it was never proven beyond all doubt till that raid. I agree Rolf should not have directly intervened in the raid as stated i believe if you look under MR towns and forts you will find the same set up. 

as to everyone getting the same spell i think of some changes

1 disintegrate removes reinforcement without taking out the tile?

2 or new spells like the mag's shield or  that stops the effects of demise spells but instead of removing it completely adds a mine door like structual points to the tile which mining or disintegrate will slowly take out.

3. could be a Mycelium infusement for hots or faith guard for whitelighters something then instant removal

4. looking back maybe just make reinforced tiles like a mine door the better the support beam the more structure it has.

5. could also do a feedback protective spell instead of structural points, if it fails the priest gets struck with a wound 

trying to be constructive as well as ashamed that rolf intervene i think unjustly though i am glad that MR did prove beyond all doubt the code did not work. I am sorry if folks do not agree with me its ok :)

Wurm has potential. This earns a certain level of tolerance with the playerbase. Our tolerance lets us forget the annoying things that aren't fixed, or the small things that irritate us. Ideally more of our tolerance should be earned, by making popular updates and changes that keep us entertained and happy. That not only keeps current players playing, but can increase the size of the player base. Currently our tolerance is being used up, not increased. If you want the game to grow, you need to consider why this is happening, and what can be done to fix it. Knee-jerk favouritism is not the way to do this.

I absolutely could not have said it better myself.

If you listen to the players, the game will grow and continue to grow. But really, what's happening more and more is I see my fellow players both on the forum and on my server and Alliance getting increasingly PO'd to the point that many will simply stop playing. Is this really what you want? I don't think it is.

Please... listen to your players. We pay your salary after all. Sometimes what's 'best' for the game', isn't what's best for the game. It's what keeps you employed. Think up on that.

• Like 1

If I get ANY more vandalism and griefing on my deed, I absolutely WILL shut down.this entire tunnel and collapse the whole damn thing.

Then the rest of you can either dig another tunnel OFF of my deed, and go grief someone else, or learn to sail.

Every so called 'fix' you folks implement lately seems to do nothing but aid and assist the griefers. I'm sure that's not intentional. But that's how it's playing out.

And if you refuse to help us people being griefed, we'll find our own solutions to them. Like collapsing the dead center of previously 'public' tunnels which are now dead center of my deed, thus shutting off 'easy' travel to the entire western side. 'Oh you can't do that'. Oh yes, I CAN. And I WILL, if the griefing doesn't stop. As I said, the more freedom you give to griefers, the more creative solutions people will come up with to stop them. In my case, it's simple. Collapse the tunnel and the griefing stops. There are at least three other ways up and around this mountain other than that tunnel. It's not the ONLY way. It's just the best known. I'm not obligated to keep such a thing open if people are going to misuse it and abuse it. It also runs longwise on my deed and totally screws up my ability to connect my other mines because some genius way back when thought it was a brilliant idea to totally hork over an entire mountain range by digging a tunnel THROUGH the entirety of it, thereby obliterating any possibility of running a mine counter-direction at ANY level, due to dropshafts and this being a 2D 'pillar' game vs 3D. Someone digging a tunnel at the BOTTOM of a mountain, does not logically cause the tiles at the TOP of the mountain to create a 40 tile deep dropshaft! This whole 'pillar' concept is ridiculous, but that's another conversation entirely.

No matter how much I empathize with your struggles, there are rules preventing you to do so.

Heritage sites (like "your" tunnel) and highways can be modified only with GMs permissions, even on your deed.

This whole Szenario makes abundantly clear how serius of a problem it is that the developers are completely out of touch with their own game and never documented anything.

When Rolf made the disintegrate spell he thought it would destroy reinforced walls, but he never told anyone. The players tried it out and found that it doesn't work.

They may have even made a report about it, but it seem like 80% of those reports are ignored anyway. So with no documentation to check and no answer from Rofl, people had to go with what they knew. Heck they even added that mayor abbility to destroy reinforced walls, supporting that knwoledge.

So for 5 years everyone knew that reinforced walls are invulnerable and acted accordingly. that is everyone except Rolf. and in all those years he apparently never even noticed one of the most basic priciples in building PvP fortresses. That is until someone tried to sneak an advantage and question him directly.

An Rolf being rash but not knowing what's going on, handled the situation exceptionally miserably.

I know, some people here are accusing Rolf of lying and manipulating the game for his favourite group. However previous live interviews made it clear that he really doesn't have a clue how most the game mechanics actually work, which is frightening enough on it's own.

A commity might be the answer, but not one like we had previously that never could make a decission. Don't let them make decissions. They should only filter out the rabble and condense the information. Of course the mebers need to be cherrypicked, to make sure they don't drop anything important under the table.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 1

Well many players have known that reinforced walls were not effected by disintegrate. Easily enough proven go look under MR forts and see if theirs are reinforced just like Jk was. The wikki has been changed by players and as such i remember it said it could and that people have reported disintegrate did not work. Thing is the code said it did and it was never proven beyond all doubt till that raid. I agree Rolf should not have directly intervened in the raid as stated i believe if you look under MR towns and forts you will find the same set up. 

as to everyone getting the same spell i think of some changes

1 disintegrate removes reinforcement without taking out the tile?

2 or new spells like the mag's shield or  that stops the effects of demise spells but instead of removing it completely adds a mine door like structual points to the tile which mining or disintegrate will slowly take out.

3. could be a Mycelium infusement for hots or faith guard for whitelighters something then instant removal

4. looking back maybe just make reinforced tiles like a mine door the better the support beam the more structure it has.

5. could also do a feedback protective spell instead of structural points, if it fails the priest gets struck with a wound 

trying to be constructive as well as ashamed that rolf intervene i think unjustly though i am glad that MR did prove beyond all doubt the code did not work. I am sorry if folks do not agree with me its ok :)

Just look at Horton's thread on the sale of HOM.  especially the references to "Safe mines" and the word "Several"

Was posted in February...

No matter how much I empathize with your struggles, there are rules preventing you to do so.

Heritage sites (like "your" tunnel) and highways can be modified only with GMs permissions, even on your deed.

There are 'rules' preventing me from being griefed, but they aren't enforced. Those of us adhering to said 'rules' are the ones who suffer, whilst we are told to 'work it out' with the people griefing us.

So as long as the so called 'rules' are going to be selectively enforced, if at all, I see no other real option. If the griefing doesn't stop, *I* will stop it any way I can. It really is just that simple.

I can, AND WILL, collapse that tunnel.

If 'the rules' don't prevent me and countless other players from being endlessly griefed, then the same 'rules' won't prevent me from protecting my deed.

You can't have your cake and eat it too on this. Either the rules are the rules and are enforced, or they are not. You can't turn a blind eye to the endless griefing, and all those people breaking said rules, and then at the same time, try to come down on people doing what they have to do to protect their deeds after they've been thrown to the wolves.

But I think I've been clear. If the griefing continues, I can and will close it. Just as nothing prevents someone from coming onto people's property and griefing them.

The bottom line is I have hundreds of real world dollars invested in my deeds and if the rules aren't enforced, then I am forced to do what I have to do to protect myself.

And what makes something a 'Heritage' site, anyway? Just because someone came along before I did and built something, that makes it a permanent fixture that can never be changed, altered, or abolished? Rubbish. There's nothing on Pristine at all that hasn't been build, dozed, re-built, ruined, abandoned, and rebuilt again. that makes everything a 'Heritage' site. Double rubbish.

I worked on a canal project last weekend helping to connect the lakes to the sea. There were about 8 of us. Do you know how long it took us to mine through a square? Minutes. Like 2 or 3 at most. In an hour we bulldozed through over 20+ squares and finished the land portion of the tunnel.

If a tunnel through the mountain is what is wanted, It would be easy, and simple, to create a NEW tunnel on the property of someone who wanted it. I'd even be willing to tolerate it in my perimeter, if people would actually consider helping to re-dig it. (It's not exactly like this tunnel runs in a straight line!) It wouldn't even take 2 hours to do so with 10 people who cared enough to put in the effort. Everyone wants to ride on the backs of others and no one wants to put forth the effort to make something themselves. People would cry to the stars about the tunnel being closed, but who would actually volunteer to help create a new one? Yea... thought as much.

There are 'rules' preventing me from being griefed, but they aren't enforced. Those of us adhering to said 'rules' are the ones who suffer, whilst we are told to 'work it out' with the people griefing us.

So as long as the so called 'rules' are going to be selectively enforced, if at all, I see no other real option. If the griefing doesn't stop, *I* will stop it any way I can. It really is just that simple.

I can, AND WILL, collapse that tunnel.

If 'the rules' don't prevent me and countless other players from being endlessly griefed, then the same 'rules' won't prevent me from protecting my deed.

You can't have your cake and eat it too on this. Either the rules are the rules and are enforced, or they are not. You can't turn a blind eye to the endless griefing, and all those people breaking said rules, and then at the same time, try to come down on people doing what they have to do to protect their deeds after they've been thrown to the wolves.

But I think I've been clear. If the griefing continues, I can and will close it. Just as nothing prevents someone from coming onto people's property and griefing them.

The bottom line is I have hundreds of real world dollars invested in my deeds and if the rules aren't enforced, then I am forced to do what I have to do to protect myself.

And what makes something a 'Heritage' site, anyway? Just because someone came along before I did and built something, that makes it a permanent fixture that can never be changed, altered, or abolished? Rubbish. There's nothing on Pristine at all that hasn't been build, dozed, re-built, ruined, abandoned, and rebuilt again. that makes everything a 'Heritage' site. Double rubbish.

I worked on a canal project last weekend helping to connect the lakes to the sea. There were about 8 of us. Do you know how long it took us to mine through a square? Minutes. Like 2 or 3 at most. In an hour we bulldozed through over 20+ squares and finished the land portion of the tunnel.

If a tunnel through the mountain is what is wanted, It would be easy, and simple, to create a NEW tunnel on the property of someone who wanted it. I'd even be willing to tolerate it in my perimeter, if people would actually consider helping to re-dig it. (It's not exactly like this tunnel runs in a straight line!) It wouldn't even take 2 hours to do so with 10 people who cared enough to put in the effort. Everyone wants to ride on the backs of others and no one wants to put forth the effort to make something themselves. People would cry to the stars about the tunnel being closed, but who would actually volunteer to help create a new one? Yea... thought as much.

I totally understand you, but truth is that things don't work like these - if someone steals something from you, you are not allowed to steal something back from him or beat the hell out of this; same here - if someone breaks any rules, you are not allowed to break other/same rules too. The right approach in both RL and game is to report the offenders to authorities (police IRL, GMs in game) and wait for them to solve the problem (which, by the way, you don't know they didn't - they probably did warned the offenders and maybe even banned some of them).

By breaking the rules yourself you only open yourself to penalties and I would really hate to see a good deep-down person being banned, having the guild disbanded or anything like that. The idea is that rules are clear, we may agree or disagree with them (I personally disagree with some), but in the moment we hit the play button we accept them.

The idea is quite simple - any choice we make comes with both benefits and disadvantages. In your case, having a deed on/near a tunnel / highway / etc comes with the benefit of extra traffic which is good for commerce or socialization, but also the fact that you are not allowed to block access, lock down your deed, KOS people, etc. Is a choice you made when setting your deed over an existing heritage site or highway or when you allowed people to build them over your deed.

For myself I decided to place my little deed on a remote location in order to have lower chances of grieving, less people stepping on my lawn and less neighbors who might build monstrosities around me. The disadvantage (which I assumed) is that chances for commerce are low to non-existent. At the end of the day is just a matter of choices we make and what we deem is more important for us.

ima quit this game if you morons start a group that decides wat the players want n then hands it to the devs. Because its very easy to shift the game into the way they want it and again screwin everyone over. So hows about coding a voteing system ingame.. Have a menu that lists the suggestions for that week, we all vote on them, then devs sees it and its the entire pop as a whole deciding. That is HOW IT SHOULD BE.

ima quit this game if you morons start a group that decides wat the players want n then hands it to the devs. Because its very easy to shift the game into the way they want it and again screwin everyone over. So hows about coding a voteing system ingame.. Have a menu that lists the suggestions for that week, we all vote on them, then devs sees it and its the entire pop as a whole deciding. That is HOW IT SHOULD BE.

Agreed.  Coincidentally, (or not), I just noticed a semi-recent thread in the suggestions forum suggesting committees.  So these "hand picked" people would be perusing the suggestion forums and they would be making the decisions on what suggestions have merit and should be looked at further by the devs?  Who will be picking these people? Very disturbing thought, that

This game is already reeking from an overwhelming perception of favoritism and cliques being cozy with the owner and devs, and running the show.  No need to add more.. 

And beside all that, it's a well known fact in any facet of civilization that the best way to ensure that nothing ever gets done is to take it to committee.

• Like 2

Yeah I don't suppose there's a way to get every PVE server a committee too is there? I mean...we do pay most of the bills... The idea that hand picking any group of pvp'ers and using them to determine which suggestions get passed on to anyone, is crazy. Just like the idea of putting a group of carebears in charge of pvp server suggestions would be crazy! I take it there's no logic code in here?

• Like 2

I for one agree with Belrindor. 

If staff are allowed to abolish rules on the fly, then why should anyone be willing to abide by them? Rules are rules they are made to be enforced, not enforced on per basis, which is what I see all to much. 

I shut down a heritage site as well, if you can call it that. What defines a heritage site is very vague, and could mean like Belrindor says everything. If its on my deed, I will control it, otherwise move long. I pay real life money for it, not some two bit staff, I will do as I please with the roads that fall on my deed. My deed was here first, not someones ill designed road, tunnel, or crossing.. I have known countless major road ways become wrecked and changed due to deeds I don't recall a single one having a GM look at it.. I have been around a long time on and off, several different accounts.

Bottom line is, if I pay money for it, I can change what pixels I own. What in this world would make any of us think otherwise with our own money.

Edited by DeathShroom

yeah it seems like possibly a temporary stop of the spell for 2-3 days to iron out kinks maybe? it seems its causing more exploits and griefing then it was meant to fix

OMG rage on the forums cause rolf does what he always does! ###### the game up! and we can all act surprised about it! 

Next we will be surprised that a GM's might be "helping" a friend out with unknown information to the rest of the community... 

Edited by JockII

OMG rage on the forums cause rolf does what he always does! ###### the game up! and we can all act surprised about it! 

Next we will be surprised that a GM's might be "helping" a friend out with unknown information to the rest of the community... 

I hasn't pay the pixels for sometime. My in-game business are decent enough to pay everything.

And if you refuse to help us people being griefed, we'll find our own solutions to them. Like collapsing the dead center of previously 'public' tunnels which are now dead center of my deed, thus shutting off 'easy' travel to the entire western side. 'Oh you can't do that'. Oh yes, I CAN. And I WILL, if the griefing doesn't stop. As I said, the more freedom you give to griefers, the more creative solutions people will come up with to stop them. In my case, it's simple. Collapse the tunnel and the griefing stops. There are at least three other ways up and around this mountain other than that tunnel...

The bottom line is that I pay real dollars each month for my deed and I refuse to be endlessly griefed on a PVE server.

If you keep enabling the griefers, I'll permanently disable them by collapsing the Tunnel of Unrest. End of story.

Except that public (and private) tunnels are protected under either the heritage or the highway rule or some weird combo of both. Even if the tunnel or road is one that you created, once others can access and use it, it is considered a public pathway.

You aren't even allowed to KOS someone if their tunnel only passes through your perimeter.

Edited by Depends

Except that public (and private) tunnels are protected under either the heritage or the highway rule or some weird combo of both. Even if the tunnel or road is one that you created, once others can access and use it, it is considered a public pathway.

You aren't even allowed to KOS someone if their tunnel only passes through your perimeter.

Do you pay the real world cash upkeep on these tiles? Do you repair them when the undeeded and un-reinforced sections of them collapse? No?

Then don't proceed to tell me what I can or cannot do with things I pay for.

I don't give two red cents what the 'rules' say, when those same 'rules' refuse to be enforced. When you send in a support ticket, you are basically told, too bad, so sad, protect your stuff better.

NOTHING is ever done to prevent the griefing. And now they want to get rid of 'legal enclosures'. Just two days ago,a non-premium buddy of mine (new player) had his fountain stolen off his fenced in, locked, and gated area. Someone came in, bashed the fence, loaded the fountain up on a wagon, and then threw a crappy fence back up. Why? Who the heck knows. But the fountain didn't grow feet and decide that it didn't like that spring. And it was a 25ql fountain or so, so it didn't decay in a day.

What recourse does he have? NONE. "Oh, deed it or lose it." Except that he CAN'T deed, as the area is between 3 OTHER deeds that prevent him from putting a deed there until one of the other deeds dies.

"Oh, then move."

Right. Because the weeks he's invested into his home and property should all just be given up and thrown away because some old decaying deed to the south has ONE perimeter square that's too far north, preventing him from deeding it.

And this guy was seriously considering going premium and deeding when that other deed collapses preventing him from putting one there.

Honestly after this, he's so ticked off that I don't know if he'll go premium or not.

This endless griefing is driving new players (Read: NEW MONEY) away from the game.

And zilch is being done about this.

And you are going to sit there and be a rules stickler and tell me I can't protect my own deed or mines because of some OTHER rule that covers 'heritage' sites, highways, etc? (Which, by the way, I'm sure WILL be enforced on me most harshly with extreme prejudice if I ever collapse that tunnel.) I should have never even given due warning, but just done it.

Some of you people are making me sick, really.

"Two wrongs don't make a right.", etc.

Defending yourself is never wrong. it's only in the past 200 years or so that collectively, we've somehow forgotten this and become a bunch of ninnies who seek to run to 'authority' figures for every little thing.

People who put in a support ticket for every little thing really need to put on their big boy/big girl undies and take a long hard look at themselves. The devs have better things to do than sit there and deal with someone QQing because someone else moved a highway two tiles to the north or south or changed something on a deed that SOMEONE ELSE FOOKIN PAYS FOR!

Grow a set. Find an alternate route. Buy a freakin' boat, for Magranon's sake.

• Like 2

Do you pay the real world cash upkeep on these tiles? Do you repair them when the undeeded and un-reinforced sections of them collapse? No?

Then don't proceed to tell me what I can or cannot do with things I pay for.

I don't give two red cents what the 'rules' say, when those same 'rules' refuse to be enforced. When you send in a support ticket, you are basically told, too bad, so sad, protect your stuff better.

And you are going to sit there and be a rules stickler and tell me I can't protect my own deed or mines because of some OTHER rule that covers 'heritage' sites, highways, etc? (Which, by the way, I'm sure WILL be enforced on me most harshly with extreme prejudice if I ever collapse that tunnel.) I should have never even given due warning, but just done it.

I agree with most of what you are saying, just telling you what will be enforced based on past rulings.

Yes, I finally have to come clean and admit it... Despite years of evidence to the contrary, Rolf favors only one particular kingdom and a small fraction of the playerbase at that.

Not only does Rolf change major policy decisions in their favor. He inserts special code and loopholes in the game behavior, and then only tells these players.

How do I know this?

I am one of them.

Pffffft... I cant even type this with a straight face. Makes me regret not saving a copy of a very, very old post a veteran ex-BL player made on one of the old forums. Was a far better sarcastic troll regarding (at the time)accusations of Devs favoring the BL playerbase when it was just two WL and BL kingdoms.

Ya know, if I was really bored and the like, I could have ambiguously reworded this to refer to the GMs, since Rolf did create their toolset and so on. However on reflection that could be interpreted as besmirching GM players I have known for years, such would not be my intent.

EDIT: Now to go see what the price of a ticket to Russia is these days.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

I agree with most of what you are saying, just telling you what will be enforced based on past rulings.

I'm well aware of how that all works. They'll ignore the griefing until the end of days, regardless of how many /support tickets are put in, but will most likely come down on me like a ton of bricks if I dare to defend myself and prevent myself from being constantly victimized. The song never changes.

First:

It sucks you've had issues in-game with other players, I know it can and does ruin the enjoyment of a game for people.

Second:

If you have someone breaking into your enclosure on a PVP server, well first problem is that there isn't an enclosure rule on PVP servers.  Go nuke them 'til they glow if you like.

If it is on a PVE server, and the support team fails you, escalate it to their bosses.  As long as you're not frothing at the mouth and able to form coherent sentences (and sometimes even when you can't lol), they do review the case.  The process (red tape) sucks, but it is there to protect you as much as to protect the support team.

It's the GM's job to support the game within their appropriate role.  If you feel they're not doing their job, complain to their boss.  No results, take it up the line until either something is done (formal response explaining why they can't help,etc...), or you need to decide to "vote" with your wallet.

Third, as for the whole :

"Defending yourself is never wrong. it's only in the past 200 years or so that collectively, we've somehow forgotten this and become a bunch of ninnies who seek to run to 'authority' figures for every little thing."

[Rant Removed]

Finally:

If you're on a PVE server and being "griefed" on-deed:

• If this tunnel is on deed, disable the mining rights for non-citizens
  • If they're digging/dropping dirt on deed, disable the terraforming permission
  • If they're building on your deed, disable the construction permission
  • If they're hunting, disable the targeting Non-Citizens permission
  • Stealing animals, disable taming/leading/gathering and/or brand the animals

If they are still able to "grief" you, they are either a citizen/ally you have allowed to do so or they're exploiting.

Edited by Hussars

I think he is talking more about the grey area of the deed/perm griefing...and other things that most people on freedom ask and be neighborly before doing.. As such I can agree with him that if a highway or something else went through my deed, and I paid for it...I would utmost take care of the problem. In no way shape or form would anyone ruin my pay to play game because of some "spoken heritage or highway rule". Most of the time that rule is so grey area and useless I don't know why its even considered a rule. I never obey it, I don't know many people that do. If I build it, maintain it, I can and will tear it up if I don't like it... No game should have such a rule to govern what you can or can not do to land that is owned by you through real life or otherwise personal money.

I for one am sick and tired of all the reckless GM's and crap that is going on lately. Rolf is at the head of the list, what on earth is changing all the sudden from years ago? This game has been the forefront of Sandbox MMO. Now its going down the road of EA,Turbine and other lame developers. 

I am in no way ranting, just stating a fact, that I have and will do again.. I moved roads on Deli, I moved roads on Pristine, and I will do it again if the notion calls. I won't touch other peoples investment, or go around bashing things just to do it, but if I own it, I will change it simple as that.

See, you pay for deeded tiles, the first 5 perim tiles are not factored in to the cost and so are considered enforced buffer space (non deed citizens can only harvest, cannot build in it).  Any additional perim tiles beyond that to reserve additional space do factor into the price to place and upkeep the deed, but those first 5 still do not.

So many people think this space is "theirs" for their deed, a better way to look at it is it is the server keeping you from easily screwing over other players.  As compensation for no direct control over these titles, there is some very limited protection on those tiles related to the deed they are surrounding.  Yes those tiles would be completely unprotected if that deed wasn't there, but because that deed is, the game also needs to offer some limited form of protection (or at least attempt to dissuade) against deed owners who try to easily cut off large swatches of land using the perim system (either the 5 "free tiles" or the paid perim).

There was a suggestion a year or two back that a group of players supported about not letting anyone build or terraform in the perim.  Only harvest.

I still say it would solve a lot of these types of complaints, and would make enforcement from GM staff much easier.

When you buy a house in whatever country you live, do you really own the house? You generally hold a paper that gives you many rights for the structure and limited rights for the land. You need to think in those terms for this game. If a tunnel or road use has been made public for a substantial period privileged , then you really don't have a right to take that use away, if the rulesnof the land forbid it. I would say that it isn't your responsibility to maintain it, so take away mining privileges and let natural cave ins do the dirty work. Hurry up and set your permission before a ruling is made that prevents you.

Rolf owns this world and is the D&D dungeon master. He makes rules as he sees fit, love it or hate it. The beauty is things can be done lighting fast, without weeks or months of meetings. Results may suck some, but I have played so many Mmos where it took monthsbto roll out changes and guess what? Everyone still complained. One of the things I love here is the wild west feeling to development. Rold and devs are all packing six shooters and are quick draws. Exciting times!