Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update on the Reinforcements situation, spells and favour.

Cheating

Definition:

* The obvious abuse of any exploit, bug or other methods of gaining skill and/or obtaining items that isn't as intended. (macros are covered by the rule above)

* Sniffing the game communication data, trying to hack the server, or changing the client in any way.

* Using any tools that directly interacts with the Wurm Online client or with the network communication to enhance game play.

* Connecting to the Wurm Online game server with anything other than the official client.

* Gaining champion points outside of normal PvP. Examples of this are draining your own or a friends deeds, or killing characters provided only as a service for champion points.

Punishment:

The punishment for cheating will vary massively and depend upon the circumstances, the method involved, up to and including permanent ban from Wurm and loss of skills.

In the specific case of champion point exploiting all the characters involved will be banned and their deeds disbanded.

Client modifications and hack attempts will result in a permanent ban.

Bugs

If you find an exploitable bug, you are required to report it to /support.

Non-exploitable bugs can be reported in the bug section of our forums. In the cases that a bug has affected your account, such as prevention of playing with the account, or the loss of items and skills on the account, please also contact /support. GM's can provide temporary solutions and/or prescribe actions until the bug can be evaluated. Only development staff can fix such bugs.

Bugs in PvP situations

Game Masters will not be able to respond to your /support call, if they have a player account of their own in the PvP situation.

A Game Master will only observe bugs in PvP situations, and will avoid interaction with the PvP situation.

Only if multiple Game Masters consider the bug to be a critical game breaking bug will they interfere with PvP

So... Whats the punishment for anyone exploiting Vaults?  Since it was a known bug... and actively being exploited...

• Like 3

So you would propose banning everyone in PvP?

seems only fair based on the rules as stated.

There are also rules about posting bugs in the forum or with the /support... Were they followed as well?

If players are forced to play within the rules stated... It would almost seem Biased if we let people off for exploiting some things and not others.

I believe they did do a /support

usually when something is bugged from support that players need to know about. it's usually fixed in next update with a warning :) with a polite "sorry, deal with it until next update"

Edited by MetalDragon

So, would you say someone on the Wurm Staff went outside the standard operating procedure of bug reporting and code implementation?

• Like 3

So, would you say someone on the Wurm Staff went outside the standard operating procedure of bug reporting and code implementation?

Hmm

I dunno... I don't want to accuse anyone of anything... But it all seems convenient that this bug was first discovered during a large raid with 10s of 1,000s of Mana to burn.

Sounds like someone was keeping some knowledge to themselves.

Short version of what happened:

A bug occurred, instead of just posting a support ticket and move on, some people (MR) went to IRC and whined to Rolf.

Rolf did what it considered was fair (debatable if indeed was or not fair, but that's not up for me to judge), then more people (JK) went to IRC and forums and whined because they lost their items after a lost battle in a full-loot, full-pvp game.

Even more people (HOTS) whined that they will be disadvantaged since they don't have same toys as the other cool kids. When HOTS whining was solved via a hotfix that solved both the initial bug and their problem, other people whined that now HOTS priest are overpowered.

Even shorter version of what happened:

Lots of people whined. Typical Chaos drama.

I doubt any recent raid / fight on Chaos saw half as many warriors as many forum warriors I saw fighting for nothing here today.

Really, get over yourself. Is just a BEEPING game, don't take it so serious. You won, you lost, just have a laugh and move on.

Game rules are clear - you don't own anything in this game, neither the items, the coins, the deeds, the impenetrable mines or your characters themselves. You agreed with that when you signed up for and every time when you hit the play button.

Now STFU and stop wasting DEVs time. They have more important things to do besides listening to upset whining kids who don't agree with a DEV ruling.

Edited by ScarfaceRo
  • Like 7

If the favor thing hasn't already been fixed, then please only nerf vegetables, not the other alchemy items. I don't see anyone complaining about the favor gained from saccing butchering products.

now have all  priest the option from a mag priest when become now mag priest the option to make coc, woa or botd

Now STFU

I beg you pardon! With all respect but you can talk like that to you wife, girl or other members of your family.

• Like 2

Game rules

Thats uh, thats the problem?

The game rules were broken.. lol..

A bug occurred,

<stuff & nonsense>

Now STFU   <more stuff>

You start your narrative with "a bug occurred."  What about what came before? 

You left out the part about how a small group of people knew to even try to use disintigrate to get into the deed.  So, how did that happen?  How did that group know to try, in order to find out that it was "bugged?"   And why did no one know except them?

Seems to me, if something has been "fixed" to work "as intended,' as you guys keep trying to say, then that knowledge should have been made known to all players via an official statement BEFORE the fact, not after, or during.  And when a bug occurs, is it customary for the game developer himself to step in and enable said small group of people to acquire a large amount of loot that equates to a large amount of RL money?

If you believe the victims of this outrage are just crying and whining, as you and your buddies are trying to make out, then I'd have to say that either you are one of the ones who profited by this with your buddies or you have a very sad sense of right and wrong., 

I've still seen no real apologies or admission of wrong doing from anyone involved. Not from the people who took advantage of this foreknowledge they were given, and not from Rolf or anyone at Code Club.  All I've seen so far is a lot of effort at justification.

As for your last statement, your "STFU" to the people who have been wronged, I say what better advice to follow than your own?

• Like 16

I think the issue here is fairness of the process. The outcomes have been settled, what with the reimbursements and stuff, but I believe most people are upset because of the way things are done, less the way things turned out.

Some suggestions on how to make things based more fair, based on behavioral economics/psychology:

1) Process Control: Give affected parties the opportunity to present arguments/evidence

2) Neutrality: Make judgments free of bias and with honesty. Focus on factual decision making

3) Trustworthiness: Pick a decision maker whose motives can be seen as pure

4) Standing: conduct everything with politeness and respect for rights

edit: Pardon me for sounding like a textbook. These do come from studies that I've learned about recently, but they make a lot of sense.

Edited by meiyeeer

So... Whats the punishment for anyone exploiting Vaults?  Since it was a known bug... and actively being exploited...

Dev team dropped the ball again!

I guess this is broken down into a few things.. 

1. It is Rolf's game

2. That being said, he made rules to the game, if the owner can't abide by his own rules, why should anyone else be inclined to do so.

(Yesterdady a lot of people noticed a spike in random permiter/ mine grief on freedom and the like). Even tho we dont own the land, most people think of it as being common rule to ask or be neighborly. I feel this will end or be challenged now for awhile.

3. He should not have done what he did, doing a hot-fix on a live server is just wrong. He knows this now, like many other times Rolf has jumped in on live servers and done things.

This is just bad for everyone all around. It's bad for Rolf now, its bad for PvP, and most likely will effect the number of premium players. Each time Rolf pulls a stunt like this we always backlash it harshly, but he never learns. In no way shape, or  form should any Game Owner, Dev, or Mod jump in and hot fix something on a live pay to play server.  This is why we have test, *face palm*.

Edited by DeathShroom
  • Like 3

Now STFU and stop wasting DEVs time. They have more important things to do besides listening to upset whining kids who don't agree with a DEV ruling.

That's a bit immature.

Edited by Ganken

Cave walls have been able to look through for ages.

• Like 1

Just like how Disintegrate has not worked on Reinforced Cave Walls for ages as well? ;)

• Like 5

I'm confused.

An issue occurred between MR and JK, and BL are handed a major extra ability?

And just before I went to bed 6 hours ago we were specifically being told that wasn't going to happen?

I don't see how lying to people helps anything.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm living in a parallel universe.

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 1

You cant look thorugh REINFORCED walls it is flat

anyway  it is exploit.

Just like how Disintegrate has not worked on Reinforced Cave Walls for ages as well? ;)

You cant look thorugh REINFORCED walls it is flat

anyway  it is exploit.

I'm not arguing. Just saying it's possible, you can.

I do not take any side in what happened either.

Though as you say, the unannounced hot fix to this bug which changed the way you need to think about safekeeping, which they should have time to adapt to, is why they are also getting compensated.

image.png

I see... I wouldnt call that a compensation but whatever, I lost about 150e worth of stuff that i otherwise wouldn't have because i was offered karma to summon my corpse but i declined thinking something like this won't happen and my stuff is safe. And they just give us moon metals. Also rare lumps? What a joke that is. So don't bother replying to this post with something about, you were killed and lost your stuff etc... That's not the point. The point is that my corpse was moved down there where we all thought it would be safe and if i'd known something like this were to happen in advance i would have summoned it with karma.

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

Fsbkun, I opened up multiple mines around the area, and when you have high ql texture detail inside a mine on, you can see through the walls (everyone knows this).

Here is one from your other boatmine that wasnt fully reinforced:

safemine%20loot.jpg

The 'R' was me marking out where the reinforced tile was made to prevent loot being accessible, you also collapsed one down by your safe'boat'mine, but wasn't a big deal.

As for reimbursements... Rolf had his word on it, and its probably best to stay that way, be grateful any reimbursement was given at all.

• Like 2