Epic Map Reset  

70 members have voted

1. 1. New Maps

• All Epic Maps
    • Elevation Only
    • None
    • Other(specify in comments)
    • Overhaul Homeservers

Create a new map the size of chaos for epic without home-servers but "home islands" that are factored into the size of the map, because as it stands the current epic maps are either ruined by Valrei events or lack any true definition in land(lack of real mountains,real islands, or just in general lack of contours) or too small(Affliction). No skill resets just a map and item resets.

Edited by Iorveth
  • Like 1

always +1 to map but no skill resets

If we can't have an allover new cluster map, make a new elevation map

Voted for elevation only, if a chaos style map is to be implemented with its large mountains and such, I'd hope the size of the map would be increased to twice the number of tiles. (Overall, not each direction).

• Like 1

Or do what freedom did and make a whole new cluster (Pristine and Release)

Or do what freedom did and make a whole new cluster (Pristine and Release)

I would hope we don't thin out the population further.

>_> only if Zerus if transferred to the new map.

Hell, F-ing, No, to map resets. New maps? Sure. New islands added? Sure. Wiping the maps, and all we have worked to build, just delete your writs, and move to somewhere without settlements. 

Hell, F-ing, No, to map resets. New maps? Sure. New islands added? Sure. Wiping the maps, and all we have worked to build, just delete your writs, and move to somewhere without settlements. 

you're really good at noticing why the thread was made

it was made because there is a lack of anything unique on the map, the map is just a ###### pancake

• Like 1

Pls fix spells first...be unfair imo when pvpers(main villages) rush top speed horses and terraforming benefit vs bl

Pls fix spells first...be unfair imo when pvpers(main villages) rush top speed horses and terraforming benefit vs bl

mhm

Edited by Propheteer

you're really good at noticing why the thread was made

it was made because there is a lack of anything unique on the map, the map is just a ###### pancake

There's a few mountains on desertion, and looked like a bunch of Affliction. Elevation looked mostly flat, yes, but the thread wants maps wiped, or suggests it. I'd rather keep the maps we have now, than wipe for better maps, due to what players have built.

Edited by Arronicus

I think the act of creating new things is the main activity that Wurmians love, having everything stagnate just seems wrong.  I came to epic because I read what it was supposed to be when it launched, regular resets, then I found out that wasn't the case and I was disappointed.

• Like 1

25 in favor for

6 in favor against

The PMK requested changes thread had 75%+ votes for an option and Rolf held that it wasn't "statistically sufficient for implementation". The number for and against is really useless in the eyes of the development team.

Just fix Valrei so cool terraforming stuff actually shapes the map instead of destroys it.

• Like 1

I'd love to see a new map, although everything I and other people have built would be lost. Taking that into consideration a map extension or even a new map somehow connected to the ones already existing would be the best bet, but this would require a lot of effort on the developer part due to having to rent new servers and maintain them. And even then this might split the current epic population into two parts.

I for one think that map reset should be done sooner or later, with a warning in advance and the ability to keep trader, merchant and deed contracts so people could pack their stuff and be ready.

Edited by Edvinas

A new elevation would be amazing, the home server maps are fine, other than the fact that Affliction is probably 40% destroyed at this point and the other two are slowly being destroyed.

this is a 50/50 for me I like my town I like my gear but at same time a new place sounds fun I'd like to see something new added more then just click reset on everything though as early on high level violence seems like it would be massive spikes of raiders and allot of rage quitting - I feel like allot of safetys would be needed to added to stop mass abuse of the lack of places give - as well as some kinda credit for current deed owners some of which spent several Golds building and upgradeing deeds - just seems like allot of work with minimal gains for players compared to allot of the stuff being needed by game

Would prob be a better idea to get Valrei fixed, fix anything around sorcerers if needed, update combat a little, and have a reset all in one go. That way Valrei ect don't screw it all up. Lol

• Like 2

or just a new chaos sized map with a one way ticket to it on epic - high levels go there better loot can fight it out and build monster citys while new players do not have to be beat up on and can expand till the point they move to the real fun zones slowing early game rage quits.

Edited by Forgedrake

Would prob be a better idea to get Valrei fixed, fix anything around sorcerers if needed, update combat a little, and have a reset all in one go. That way Valrei ect don't screw it all up. Lol

Right.

Before any restart/newmap, a Valrei fix should be MUST.

yeah seems like some fixes to current things then a full reset would be best option - so long as mayors recieve some kind of credit to help build a new town to maybe smooth things over with larger deeds - however after thinking about it I'd love to play in a wild server with no skills no guard towers and QL 10 being the deadliest thing for miles heh

just add all epic servers into one! You would have three continents surrounding a single one (elevation)