Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Democracy / Dictatorship

Okay i recently seen that you could trade mayors of a deed by switching it to a democracy but is there a way to switch it back to a dictatorship? The wiki says that the "founding" mayor can switch it back but how can he do that if he was voted out? I had thought that whoever had the deed form could switch it but that is not working for me. is this some bug? 

Am i doing something wrong? Do i need to wait on a server reset or is it forever a democracy now?

Edited by Kegan

Only the original mayor (the mayor who created the deed) can change a democracy to a dictatorship. 

This was changed to prevent anyone who was voted in as mayor to "lock in" their position.

I'm not sure who told you it needs to be a democracy to trade ... AFAIK, that's false ... you can still trade a dictatorship.

• Like 1

Ive traded over 5 deeds and never had to make it democracy.

Only need to have both premmed and it works

If mayor has no premium and you want to move it to your premmed alt without premming mayor, then you have to make it democracy and kick out mayor with help of some other player that was invited as villager.

Only do this in deeds where you have trusty villagers or no villagers at all

[Not sure if this works, but I was asked to help in mayor kicking 1year ago when ppl were trading deeds]

First option is the safest way to go.

Only the original mayor (the mayor who created the deed) can change a democracy to a dictatorship. 

This was changed to prevent anyone who was voted in as mayor to "lock in" their position.

I'm not sure who told you it needs to be a democracy to trade ... AFAIK, that's false ... you can still trade a dictatorship.

Well if the mayor of a deed does not have premium but the new buyer does then this is a way to save the 10s on premium for the old deed holder by voting him in as mayor but i was not aware that you could not change it back.  As far as my deed/issue the new owner did not care that it was a democracy and it has been sold but thank you for clearing that up for me.  

Edited by Kegan