Sign in to follow this  
Caroligan

Move a token, lose a trader... BEWARE! [SEE UPDATE]

wurm have tendency that to forget to include information on where it matters.. >_> 

Edit **** sad day, I'm on Deli and I can't help someone on Release. Sorry,  Caroligan****

If I had my way....

- Disbanding a deed would simply put the trader writ back in the mayors topmost inventory. Right now you can't sell a writ back to a NPC. The paper only has value based on what players would pay for it -- 38s to 50s. Giving the writ back shouldn't cause any problems. Only affect would be players selling writs less then traders but this would be very supply limited.

- Let players sell back writs for something like 30s. That will set a bottom threshold that the players will sell below trader. Keep in mind trader writs actualy cost 37.5s because 25% of the 50s stays on the trader and you can immediately drain it back off. 

- No way should any GM be allowed to reimburse this type of the thing. Only Rolf should be the one to reimburse and I only want to see such a thing if he's targeting the whole population for some reason.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 2

Never understood the idea why a trader would leave if you disband in the first place...

Cause its the ONLY way to get rid of traders.

But c'mon. Its KNOWN that if you disband a deed trader poofs. Its been warned by gms. Its on the wiki. Next thing someone will come asking for compensation because they disbanded a deed to move the token and didn't get the writ back.

Cause its the ONLY way to get rid of traders.

But c'mon. Its KNOWN that if you disband a deed trader poofs. Its been warned by gms. Its on the wiki. Next thing someone will come asking for compensation because they disbanded a deed to move the token and didn't get the writ back.

I didn't know it. I do now, thanks to this thread.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

It's been known.. yes. We have established that over and over now.

First, allow for the fact that some people, such as myself, have only been playing this game for 6 months or less.

Second, the problem is that just telling and posting does not do enough to PREVENT a player mistake, either through an errant click of the mouse or simple ignorance to the fact that the trader will disappear.

Third, condescension is usually only appreciated by the person uttering it.

• Like 3

OK.

First: When i bought my first trader. I spent weeks reading about them, asking other players how it worked what it did. It was too big of an investiment to mess up. I read the wiki first and foremost. Now here's a quote of the wiki's Trader page, first paragraph.

Trader is placed by using a trader contract, which can be purchased from other traders at a cost of 50s. A new trader must be placed at a minimum distance of 63 tiles away from other traders. Trader must be placed inside a building (not a market stall like Personal Merchants can), but stays functional even if the building disappears. Trader cannot be moved after it has been placed. If you own the writ to the building the trader is in and bring that building on-deed (for example by resizing the deed), the trader will automatically become a citizen of your settlement. If you disband your deed for any reason the trader will vanish unless you first manage citizens and remove the trader as a citizen. Non-citizen traders to not benefit your deed upkeep. You can not place a new trader on your deed with an old trader nearby. Resizing a deed does not remove a trader from a deed.

Pretty clear that.

Second: You have information readily available. You disregard it. You mess up. Ok we can go health and safety and put red posters and whatnot. But if you don't access information given to you, who's fault is that?

Third: Take it as it is it isn't condescension. Its me conveying you the harsh reality of the world. Sometimes you mess up, and its your fault, and no one else is to blame but you. And i mean you as in general, not anyone specifically.

The op made a mistake its on him. I do feel his pain, i mean 50s is a harsh blow to anyone's wallet. It sucks, but learn with that mistake and move on, don't try to get someone else to shoulder it. Assigning your blame on others isn't exactly a virtue.

OK.

First: When i bought my first trader. I spent weeks reading about them, asking other players how it worked what it did. It was too big of an investiment to mess up. I read the wiki first and foremost. Now here's a quote of the wiki's Trader page, first paragraph.

Pretty clear that.

Second: You have information readily available. You disregard it. You mess up. Ok we can go health and safety and put red posters and whatnot. But if you don't access information given to you, who's fault is that?

Third: Take it as it is it isn't condescension. Its me conveying you the harsh reality of the world. Sometimes you mess up, and its your fault, and no one else is to blame but you. And i mean you as in general, not anyone specifically.

The op made a mistake its on him. I do feel his pain, i mean 50s is a harsh blow to anyone's wallet. It sucks, but learn with that mistake and move on, don't try to get someone else to shoulder it. Assigning your blame on others isn't exactly a virtue.

"Third, condescension is usually only appreciated by the person uttering it."

• Like 1

It sucks, but learn with that mistake and move on, don't try to get someone else to shoulder it. Assigning your blame on others isn't exactly a virtue.

I am not effected by his mistake.

However, I too assign blame on the flawed system, and not on the person who made the mistake unwittingly.

This needs to change to protect future players, one way or another.

• Like 2

please fix the game to help players understand that they may lose a 50s investment , and sorry this happened to you , hopefully they will fix alot of the things in wurm that need fixing =P

• Like 1

And the hits keep coming! My son's off deed traders are gone too. This is so much crap and no help from "customer service."

This just sounds like a mean way to rob players on a technicality. This needs to change ASAP, there is no argument here.

This issue is a very old one. I do recall the addition of warnings implemented in game, however, it wasnt enough in my opinion. There needs to be a warning the moment someone disbands their deed if it has a trader as a villager.

• Like 1

Just because it's always been done "this way" doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

• Like 1

Sorry this happened to you. Did you in any way get reimbursed?? When you place a trader, the contract itself says that you get a partial refund when a village is disbanded, if the trader is a villager at the time. It doesn't say how much...., but according to the contract, you are entitled to a partial refund at least.

EDIT: The quote is: Note that the trader will disappear, yielding a partial refund if he is citizen of a settlement when it disbands, regardless of whether he is on deed or not!

Edited by Lithien

It is an accepted fact among its players that Wurm Online is a terrible game in general.

• Like 3

It is an accepted fact among its players that Wurm Online is a terrible game in general.

yea that is why we all play it for years at a time

• Like 3

This is why we should never try to improve it.

• Like 2

You should get the form back.

Totally agree.

50s is a massive amount of money for anyone to lose. I would be gutted to lose that amount of money just because of an innocent mistake.

• Like 1

Totally agree.

50s is a massive amount of money for anyone to lose. I would be gutted to lose that amount of money just because of an innocent mistake.

Yea, we're taking it pretty hard. My son has been playing for about 7 years now and 3 of the 4 traders were his that he worked his butt off for. The kicker is that a dev alluded to the fact it may be a bug and the head game master indicated that it is flawed and needs more work on the deed-disband side.

You can have the best product in the world but at the end of the day it's only as good as the customer service provided. I know they can fix this with a few stokes of the keyboard and they choose not to.

But did you get anything back on the disband? Any silvers at all besides the upkeep above 5s? Because otherwise they are screwing you over according to their own in-game contract.

But did you get anything back on the disband? Any silvers at all besides the upkeep above 5s? Because otherwise they are screwing you over according to their own in-game contract.

No, I only received the 5s.

I'll donate 5 silver to your disaster relief fund.  I am over on Pristine, x6, y23.  CoD me something, unless you're gonna be in the area soon.