Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Upcoming changes to Disintegrate *BE WARNED*

I can see for the pvp side of things but i see no reason for it on freedom. 

From Game Rules:

Bugs in PvP situations

Game Masters will not be able to respond to your /support call, if they have a player account of their own in the PvP situation.

A Game Master will only observe bugs in PvP situations, and will avoid interaction with the PvP situation.

Only if multiple Game Masters consider the bug to be a critical game breaking bug will they interfere with PvP

That mean than a few GMs (not only 1) have approved it (according to rules). Not sure if the creator is allowed to go out of rules, but shouldn't.

Rolf stated in IRC publicly that these vaults being used in such manner as they were being used was a exploit and that it was indeed game breaking.

Again with that GotL raid? What you wanted to steal from there, a walled champion troll? Have you noticed there was a non reinforced tile?

OMG, just blah blah blah.

Chaos pvp is gonna die with these MR changes. Just let you know. Have fun fight eachother in the same kingdom.

Not mentioning anything about the GOTL  except that was when I know that it was reported to Rolf and he said it shouldn't be possible and that it would be fixed.

The problem on freedom is that someone could abuse of it and annoying other player.

If will be really implemented for freedom should be limited (from roles) ondeed

Hi everyone,

It has been a known bug that disintegrate did not work as intended (i.e. removing reinforcements). As you all know a decision was made to take action upon this bug and code changes have been made.

Pending the next update, Disintegrate will now remove reinforcements on cave walls.

Both Disintegrate and Strongwall are now tied with deed permissions for on deed activities (mining, to be exact).

Regarding the actions that occurred today it was simply the result of a group decision that the bug be addressed directly after testing ingame.

These updates will be reflected in the next server update.

Regards,

Retrograde & Your Wurm Team

Edited by Retrograde
  • Like 2

Rolf stated in IRC publicly that these vaults being used in such manner as they were being used was a exploit and that it was indeed game breaking.

Why not prevent PvP like in previous controversial situations, or oh I dunno. An event message like when there was that leveling bug?

It has been a known bug that disintegrate did not work as intended (i.e. removing reinforcements). As you all know a decision was made to take action upon this bug and code changes have been made.

Known only by those who would benefit from it?

If there was a fix for it months ago, according to Emoo, why was that not posted? Seriously, what the ######.

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 24, 2014 - Removed - Staff bashing
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 24, 2014 - Removed - Staff bashing

The wurm updates have been documented very well over the past few months due to the new staff keeping on top of it which is nice but this one update was not mentioned. At all.

Rolf informed a player in a private chat that this should work and was not announced to anybody else. Unfortunately the feature was bugged so Rolf came to take a look at it DURING a raid where previously we have always been told there would be no intervention in these circumstances. Rolf found a bug, which is fine too if it meant we could all adjust to this new feature, but no. What Rolf does, which I think hasn't been done in a raid situation before, was actually assist the player for their own gain.

It's utter ######, all other bug fixes have been a case of "it will be fixed during the next restart", this has given everybody the chance to fix any potential security flaws they may have.

I thought allowing MR walk free during a raid a few months ago was the ultimate middle finger. Today Rolf, you have topped that, I am quite confident you can not beat in the most awful Dev response ever.

How are you so stupid, there were two opportunities to let the players know about a fix to a feature that has a powerful advantage over security.

• Like 8

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - Staff bashing
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - Staff bashing

Hi everyone,

Pending the next update, Disintegrate will now remove reinforcements on cave walls.

Both Disintegrate and Strongwall are now tied with deed permissions for on deed activities (mining, to be exact).

Regarding the actions that occurred today it was simply the result of a group decision that the bug be addressed directly after testing ingame.

Regards,

How many players do you think you just lost due to Rolfs ignorance?

This is probably going to be unpopular but the deed was flattened by a massive force whilst the loot was still safe in what appears to be a bugged feature, from logs posted assuming they are accurate a successful cast that didn't show the fail message eventually happened and the wall didn't come down like it should have.  I don't necessarily agree with the behaviour of the raiders in griefing the deed, but being brutaly honest the loot should have been theirs.

Whilst it was handled horribly by rolf, its easy to understand why he intervened.  Taking the server down and fixing the bug whilst seemingly fair, would not be fair to the attackers who had already put the effort in for the loot, and lets be honest, the loot would have been moved if the server was taken down and they would have been robbed of it.

I guess its easier to be more impartial when you are not involved in the pvp.

• Like 4

You can call it that.  I'll continue to call it poor judgment.

This is probably going to be unpopular but the deed was flattened by a massive force whilst the loot was still safe in what appears to be a bugged feature, from logs posted assuming they are accurate a successful cast that didn't show the fail message eventually happened and the wall didn't come down like it should have.  I don't necessarily agree with the behaviour of the raiders in griefing the deed, but being brutaly honest the loot should have been theirs.

Whilst it was handled horribly by rolf, its easy to understand why he intervened.  Taking the server down and fixing the bug whilst seemingly fair, would not be fair to the attackers who had already put the effort in for the loot, and lets be honest, the loot would have been moved if the server was taken down and they would have been robbed of it.

I guess its easier to be more impartial when you are not involved in the pvp.

The problem is the loot wouldn't have been at a frontline deed if it was known this would happen...

@ Daolin

Nobody would have even used a security vault like that if it was announced to the players when it was implemented SOME TIME AGO

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 4

Why not prevent PvP like in previous controversial situations, or oh I dunno. An event message like when there was that leveling bug?

I don't know, it really feels like a case of shooting the messenger here. I've already received PMs ingame which have included personal attacks regarding my real life over this issue, of course such scum don't worry  me in the slightest though it would appear that people need to take afew deep breathes.  

At the end of the day I think alot of people need to sit back and remember this is a game for christ sake. 

Heck I think it's down right decent that I've come forward and gone to the effort of sharing the logs with people so they know what's gone on. Attacking me or anyone in MR is not only pointless but serves only to prove how little respect some people in this game have for themselves. 

TLDR: People stop PMing me both ingame and on the forums. It's pointless and you need to clam down. Threats and personal attacks not needed.

Edited by Emoo

@ Retrograde, why was it that these players get this advantage and everybody else needs to wait for the fix on a reboot? Why can't everybody else go raid a town now and demand for their reinforcement walls to break after they get an apparent  successful cast?

Or is this an option? it must be right?

This is like being told hey this is your home, we've built it so it is absolutely secure don't worry about thieves coming in as they won't get through this steel door.

Thieves try and break in but are unsuccessful, so call up the guy who designed the door and the guy saying, oh yes sorry actually there is a problem with the door I haven't told anybody about yet, if you just kick it in the corner it will open just fine, it might take a few attempts. No? that didn't work, hold on i'll come over and bulldoze the door out for you. Enjoy the valuables from the home my door was supposed to protect. It'll be the home owners fault for not protecting it better lol

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 5

Wait? So making vaults is still possible? As long as the deed has mining permissions off for non villagers, then raiders still wont be able to mine in a vault if the deed is still alive and kicking?

So what Rolf did was break open a legit on-deed vault? Or was this vault located ofdeed?

Wait? So making vaults is still possible? As long as the deed has mining permissions off for non villagers, then raiders still wont be able to mine in a vault if the deed is still alive and kicking?

So what Rolf did was break open a legit on-deed vault? Or was this vault located ofdeed?

Making vaults is still possible. Raiders cannot mine the reinforced tiles.

Rolf removed a reinforced tile that had a succesful disintegrate cast upon it that didn't pop.

That is probably for freedom servers. Same as you can't bash their walls. On Wild you are allowed to.

Making vaults is still possible. Raiders cannot mine the reinforced tiles.

Rolf removed a reinforced tile that had a succesful disintegrate cast upon it that didn't pop.

Still, Retro says that strongwall and disintegrate will be bound to mining-permissions in the deed settings.

So it would still be impossible to destroy a reinforced tile ONdeed, where you have no permission to cast it it (since I guess every sane deedowner doesnt set his mining permission to "free for all" on chaos).

EDIT: @Sharkin: You make a point, if this is for the freedom part of the code, then nevermind :)

Edited by Lycanthropic

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - trolling

Wurm #1 /sarcasm

Hi everyone,

Regards,

Dear Wurm Team,

As representative of the HoTS Kingdom, I would like to know if that next update also includes a Libila equivalent to Strongwall and Disintigrate. Else The Wurm Team is allowing HotS deeds (and HotS based PMK deeds) to be raided very easily with the help of a bunch of Mag priests. This ofcourse for both Epic and Chaos.

Signed,

Emperor Yurik

Chaos HotS

• Like 4

Dear Wurm Team,

As representative of the HoTS Kingdom, I would like to know if that next update also includes a Libila equivalent to Strongwall and Disintigrate. Else The Wurm Team is allowing HotS deeds (and HotS based PMK deeds) to be raided very easily with the help of a bunch of Mag priests. This ofcourse for both Epic and Chaos.

Signed,

Emperor Yurik

Chaos HotS

Rolf states in the logs I posted that he is working on implementing equivalent spells for all faiths. 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing

emoo, 

rolf + working on something ....

if its for us, HoTS, then it is never priority ;)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing,inflamatory language
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing,inflamatory language

I love it how again, because of petty squabbles and favouritism among the PvP crowd, there comes another stupid, stupid change to the game.

Not mentioning anything about the GOTL  except that was when I know that it was reported to Rolf and he said it shouldn't be possible and that it would be fixed.

IRC and public don't go hand to hand. GMs have servershouts on event window available.

Hi everyone,

Regards,

Not the "Bug" bullcrap again.

Its cool how unprofessionally devs can go about doing face-turns on features and calling them bugs. Light lamps on deed were bugs, and whatnot.

This is why you'll never hear an official statement on how stuff is supposed to work, cause top-dev doesn't know, and doesn't want you to know so that he can change it and simply slap the "feature-turned bug" excuse.

And we wonder how this game never succeeds. Always one step forward two steps back, because Rolf has a last minute decision to do something, does it rashly, breaks the game, and the players get the shaft.

All i have to say is that we should have foreseen this, been a while since Rolf broke the game massively over a knee-jerk reaction. (although tower guard nerf is kinda close).

One would figure its about time that Code club had some sense of how to run a business, you definitely don't want to ostracize the majority of players (namely PvE people) in order to benefit a small community within a minority.

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing

This is why you'll never hear an official statement on how stuff is supposed to work, cause top-dev doesn't know, and doesn't want you to know so that he can change it and simply slap the "feature-turned bug" excuse.

Made it a bit bigger for everyone to see 

• Like 3

It is of course fair if the bugfix had been announced months prior to these events. However, noone in JK was aware that safemines now worked like this. It seems MR were the only people aware of the change.

• Like 6