Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Upcoming changes to Disintegrate *BE WARNED*

Just so that everyone knows, the Disintegrate spell will be able to collapse REINFORCED stone walls in upcoming updates. This is the result of an event that happend on the Chaos Server. I hereby warn everyone that your items are no longer secure in your reinforced mine. They'll soon be able to be destroyed by anyone that owns a Magranona Priest.

For Epic this also means that on-deed reinforced tiles can be destroyed this way. 

For freedom many people have big mines that also stretch off-deed. People will now be able to destroy your reinforced tiles and "grief" your off-deed mine.

Be Warned!

• Like 11

Just so that everyone knows, the Disintegrate spell will be able to collapse REINFORCED stone walls in upcoming updates. This is the result of an event that happend on the Chaos Server. I hereby warn everyone that your items are no longer secure in your reinforced mine. They'll soon be able to be destroyed by anyone that owns a Magranona Priest.

For Epic this also means that on-deed reinforced tiles can be destroyed this way. 

For freedom many people have big mines that also stretch off-deed. People will now be able to destroy your reinforced tiles and "grief" your off-deed mine.

Be Warned!

Complete BS. This should be a dev post, not a player, horrible behaviour from the PvPers and the devs involved in this situation.

Thanks WKM.

wtf?

Its bad enough someone can strongwall on my deed with no permissions needed, now they can disintingrate reinforced walls, enter and then strongwall away?

Ludicrous change if it does indeed happen.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - bashing

What do you expect from rolf though? It will be announced with the new patch notes 

That dosnt sound right. i mean chaos and epic maybe but the rest of freedom thats just downright wrong

FYI: This change was implemented quite some time ago though was not working correctly. 

[00:14:40] <Rolf> it's possible to break using disintegrate, we're adding it to all religions though

[00:15:11] <Emoo> It's not, I tired. It gives the message the wall still stands this time.

[00:15:24] <Emoo> Im a champion of Magranon, I promise you atried that :P

[00:16:12] <Rolf> need a high cast

[00:16:13] <Rolf> and some luck

[00:16:13] <Rolf> well the higher the cast the less luck you need

[00:16:57] <Emoo> So there is cast powers for disintergrate? And this WILL work on deeed?

[00:17:01] <Rolf> yeah

[00:17:14] <Emoo> Enemy deeds correct? And this code is currently lilve?

[00:17:18] <Rolf> yes

[00:17:37] <Rolf> we added mine permissions check

[00:17:40] <Emoo> Okay, well I guess I need to go disintergrate some walls. Thankyou for your time.

[00:17:46] <Emoo> Cheers mate!

[00:17:50] <Rolf> so it will be blocked if there are guards alive in the future i guess

[00:18:08] <Rolf> same for strongwall

[00:18:42] <Emoo> Alright okay cool

[00:21:56] <Emoo> I have 3 mag champs with a ton of faith so I'll get back to you if we still arn't ableto get through after several hours :P

[01:00:25] <Emoo> Wow how lucky do you have to be? We've pumped nearly 20 casts in each so 80 in total and none seem to have worked so far.

[01:08:57] <Rolf> hmm

[01:09:02] <Rolf> lemme check

[01:09:45] <Rolf> it says The wall still stands.. every time yes?

[01:09:53] <Emoo> [01:08:43] You succeed.

[01:09:58] <Emoo> [01:08:43] You fail to find a weak spot to direct the power to. The wall still stands this time.

[01:10:09] <Rolf> ok

[01:10:38] <Emoo> We're all still attempting right now, sucking favor from gems like crazy :P

[01:13:07] <Rolf> well it should work eventually

[01:13:22] <Rolf> need 100-power of cast to be 0

[01:13:33] <Rolf> well

[01:13:44] <Rolf> the random of 100-power needs to be 0

[01:13:56] <Rolf> so if you get a power 50 cast you have 1 in 50 to break the wall

[01:14:04] <Rolf> not supposed to be easy

[01:14:20] <Rolf> a power 90 cast has 10% chance to be successful

[01:14:55] <Emoo> Okay that's fine understandable that it's not meant to be easy.

[01:15:31] <Emoo> IS there anyway for you to come for us and check 100% for us that the rolls are working as intended so we're not wasting our time/gems etc?

[01:16:10] <Rolf> i can't check the live code i'm afraid - no debug there

[01:16:21] <Emoo> Ah okay, fair enough.

[01:16:41] <Emoo> Well I guess we'll stick at it then hehe

[01:16:41] <Rolf> but if you don't get the message "You fail to find a weak spot to direct the power to. The wall still stands this time."

[01:16:47] <Rolf> it should break

[01:17:00] <Rolf> hmm

[01:17:05] <Emoo> Alright good to know

[01:17:06] <Rolf> a mine door on the other side may prevent it

[01:17:14] <Rolf> or an opening

[01:17:30] <Rolf> the same rules as for creating a tunnel

[01:17:47] <Emoo> You mean a mine that connects to it witha  mine doors or you mean opening a mine to the surface?

[01:17:49] <Rolf> but then again a mine door should allow a tunnel to be made in normal rock i guess

[01:18:13] <Rolf> i mean that sometimes certain checks prevent tunnels from opening up

[01:18:19] <Emoo> Yeah okay that's fine

[01:18:33] <Rolf> ok should work then

[01:18:38] <Emoo> I expected that to be the case, the tile we're tryign to open shouldn't have any such issues.

[01:41:25] <Emoo> Rolf I dont think the code is working properly

[01:41:46] <Emoo> [01:41:10] You succeed.

[01:41:53] <Emoo> No wall still stands message

[01:45:21] <Emoo> SCREENSHOTPOSTED HERE

[01:45:24] <Emoo> Screenshot for you

[01:45:58] <Emoo> You can see I cast disintergrate and suceed but there is no the wall still stands message.

[01:46:04] <Rolf> yeah

[01:46:07] <Rolf> ok sec

[01:47:59] <Emoo> Okay

[01:54:16] <Rolf> right

[01:54:20] <Rolf> failed on test as well:/

Just to confirm, doing this is VERY difficult and takes ALOT of favor to do (Or be exceptionally lucky) Meaning reinforcements are still a viable defense but making 100% safe loot vaults is no longer possible. 

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 1

Yeah should only be possible on PvP servers imo.

Good that you shared that info Emoo :)

Edited by SwedishPhoenix

wtf?

Its bad enough someone can strongwall on my deed with no permissions needed, now they can disintingrate reinforced walls, enter and then strongwall away?

Ludicrous change if it does indeed happen.

Go see MR and Rolf for their "Ludicrous" actions during a raid on Chaos

That dosnt sound right. i mean chaos and epic maybe but the rest of freedom thats just downright wrong

Welcome to wurm.

• Like 1

FYI: This change was implemented quite some time ago though was not working correctly. 

This change is nowhere to be found in the release notes on the Wiki. Search for disintegrate and you'll see what I mean. http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=disintegrate&fulltext=Search

How do you know it was changed previously? To my knowledge, you've never been able to destroy them except by mining them, on your own deed.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 3

Shouldn't work on home servers : ^ )

Shouldn't have been "fixed" during a raid.

This change is nowhere to be found in the release notes on the Wiki. Search for disintegrate and you'll see what I mean. http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&search=disintegrate&fulltext=Search

How do you know it was changed previously? To my knowledge, you've never been able to destroy them except by mining them, on your own deed.

Google doesn't even show a single result for it. If it's not on Google, I doubt it was ever announced :P

Funny how the wiki has been altered today and "doesnt work on reinforced tiles" has ben changed to "works" after all these years.

It was somewhat to be expected that it would upset people if you suddenly decide to fix a "4+ year old bug" in a raid so one side could loot stuff that was secured by the other side in a vault.

• Like 5

I recall when MR raided GOTL (Many months ago now) that we reported the use of reinforced impenetrable vaults and Rolf said that it would be fixed and that it shouldn't be possible. There was never any release notes made so when we again came across this problem we reported the use of these "Vaults" at Sparta over the weekend. We waited 3 days and the GMs said they were waiting for advice from Rolf as to what the situation was. Then earlier this evening I saw Rolf on IRC and asked him why we still could not break into these vaults. He assured me as you can see in these logs that the code was live and working. 

We then proceeded to use over 10000 favor worth of gems trying to disintegrate the wall before I finally had confirmation that the code was not working as intended. Rolf tested it and then confirmed that the code was not working as intended. It is my understanding that the code will be working properly upon next update. 

EDIT: I sharing this info publicly because I believe that it is only fair that the reasons Rolf did what he did are transparent and open for all to see. Whether you agree is up to the individual but atleast now everyone is alittle bit less ignorant :)

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 3

When did this get changed but was broken?

People have designed their deeds around this feature, and now it's taken away quietly and suddenly. The spell is how old? And it's able to remove reinforced tiles only now...

• Like 1

Well the problem is, the "exploit" (as it was called), being a safely reinforced vault, to my knowledge hasn't been fixed as of yet, but it will be soon. Rolf popped into the deed and busted a reinforced wall down for the raiders without any warning given to the residents of that village or the Kingdom they were apart of...

• Like 1

Quick question. Did the servers go down during the raid? Was there any time available for rolf to add this code during the raid?

This code has been added some time ago, i dont know when, and we were informed of this today by rolf himself. We then continued to put this code to test, found out that we got a success cast, however the wall did not break. Rolf confirmed it was not working (you can succeed the cast but the wall didnt go), and so popped the wall as we would have done otherwise if the code was working. Can we stop making up rubbish and move on?

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1

I recall when MR raided GOTL (Many months ago now) that we reported the use of reinforced impenetrable vaults and Rolf said that it would be fixed and that it shouldn't be possible. There was never any release notes made so when we again came across this problem we reported the use of these "Vaults" at Sparta over the weekend. We waited 3 days and the GMs said they were waiting for advice from Rolf as to what the situation was. Then earlier this evening I saw Rolf on IRC and asked him why we still could not break into these vaults. He assured me as you can see in these logs that the code was live and working. 

We then proceeded to use over 10000 favor worth of gems trying to disintegrate the wall before I finally had confirmation that the code was not working as intended. Rolf tested it and then confirmed that the code was not working as intended. It is my understanding that the code will be working properly upon next update. 

So it was done privately via Rolf, maybe some GMs, and the entirety of MR without informing anyone else who plays on any server?

Smooth...

• Like 1

Quick question. Did the servers go down during the raid? Was there any time available for rolf to add this code during the raid?

This code has been added some time ago, i dont know when, and we were informed of this today by rolf himself. Can we stop making up rubbish and move on?

What rubbish has been made up? Rolf popped a reinforced wall for MR without anyone other than MR knowing what was going on. Rolf should have used some common sense.

So it was done privately via Rolf, maybe some GMs, and the entirety of MR without informing anyone else who plays on any server?

Smooth...

Don't hate the players man, hate the game. 

(Jokes, Wurm is a great game :))

Edited by Emoo

EDIT: I sharing this info publicly because I believe that it is only fair that the reasons Rolf did what he did are transparent and open for all to see. Whether you agree is up to the individual but atleast now everyone is alittle bit less ignorant :)

Again with that GotL raid? What you wanted to steal from there, a walled champion troll? Have you noticed there was a non reinforced tile?

OMG, just blah blah blah.

Chaos pvp is gonna die with these MR changes. Just let you know. Have fun fight eachother in the same kingdom.

• Like 1

From Game Rules:

Bugs in PvP situations
Game Masters will not be able to respond to your /support call, if they have a player account of their own in the PvP situation.
A Game Master will only observe bugs in PvP situations, and will avoid interaction with the PvP situation.
Only if multiple Game Masters consider the bug to be a critical game breaking bug will they interfere with PvP

That mean than a few GMs (not only 1) have approved it (according to rules). Not sure if the creator is allowed to go out of rules, but shouldn't.

• Like 6

Don't hate the players man, hate the game. 

(Jokes, Wurm is a great game :))

Wurm is great agree, but I think that after this change, many of players started thinking of donating another game instead.

Wurm is great agree, but I think that after this change, many of players started thinking of donating another game instead.

The change is fine, the way it was handled is the issue.

Why hide a change like this from the player base from the get go, let alone keeping it from the player base and then swinging it in the favor of one side.

Edited by Shadz