Sign in to follow this  
Roame

Wurm in Time-Lapse

Watch at 4:59 for a time lapse video of 20-30 people to see what 20-30 people leveling can achieve :D

As I say in the video I love time lapse videos for Wurm so keep posting em up everyone! :)

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-R0qaNFs0

• Like 2

Most of them are "timelapse 3" / one frame every 3 seconds. I think I used timelapse 5 for the Impalong video.

I'd actually like some feedback on this. Are the terraforming videos a little too slow? I was thinking about speeding them up come time for the deed series.

Thanks for the encouraging words. :)

I think they were fine.

Xanadu's borders have finally opened! I timelapsed my 6-7 hour journey, complete with sunk rowboats, wrong turns and seasickness.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO0TR4YG9qk&hd=1

This is also part 1 in my new series called "Building Beacon", where I build my new Xanadian deed from scratch and time-lapse the whole thing. Should be a blast. :)

Edited by Roame
  • Like 3

I recommend doing this on a secondary client so you can still play on your primary.

Do you mean logged in with an alt on the secondary client or can you have more than one client logged in to the same character?  

Sorry for being a bit thick about this.

Xanadu's borders have finally opened! I timelapsed my 6-7 hour journey, complete with sunk rowboats, wrong turns and seasickness.

:)

Wow!  That is awesome!  

Did it really take 6-7 hours to get there?  Is that normal to get to Xan?  

And what was that wicked looking character that visited you out in the ocean?  A GM?

Cool vids, dude!  Thanks!

Great video.

0:45 Sorry Mole but I had to loan that Large cart for a while.

PM if u want it back. Its 50 QL now and not 3ql with 30dmg =)

Do you mean logged in with an alt on the secondary client or can you have more than one client logged in to the same character?  

Sorry for being a bit thick about this.

You'll need one character per client. For example, I play Roame and go about my business while my other character, Altroame, watches from afar.

Wow!  That is awesome!  

Did it really take 6-7 hours to get there?  Is that normal to get to Xan?  

And what was that wicked looking character that visited you out in the ocean?  A GM?

Cool vids, dude!  Thanks!

Now that I think about it, I started about 12:30 and arrived at 18:00. In the middle I took a break to walk around the block (sore butt), and then there was that wrong turn that I took... If I were to redo the trip it would probably take 4-5 hours. :)

And yes, that was Enki visiting me to help me realize I am still a noob. I might still be treading water if he hadn't come.

By the way, the crows nest of a cog or caravel makes for a nice heightened camera position. Just throwing this in randomly =)

And since we have the ship transporter CAMERA-CRANE-EVERYWHEREâ„¢...

• Like 1

Can you tell me more about your client settings and your computer hardware?

Edited by IloveWurm

Im going to try this out for myself. Mine wont be as action packed because most of the floorwork on my place is done =p

• Like 1

Can you tell me more about your client settings and your computer hardware?

I don't want to go into too much detail, but if you can run two Wurm clients fine, you can time-lapse just fine, generally. The screenshot-every-x-seconds method Wurm contains is nothing like the FPS hit you'd get from Fraps or similar programs. This has been my experience.

Im going to try this out for myself. Mine wont be as action packed because most of the floorwork on my place is done =p

Even the least action packed videos can be made action packed with the right music!

[media

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhIryChCP68&hd=1

You know when there was a slight pause after you finished your pen with steppe, I was hoping a bunch of Bison would appear... 

And thats not my tent, is it?

Edited by boombza

You know when there was a slight pause after you finished your pen with steppe, I was hoping a bunch of Bison would appear... 

And thats not my tent, is it?

Haha the bison (or horses) was the plan, but the creature spawns were borked and it was only days later that I got the single horse I haul my cart around with now.

And yes, that's your tent! Damn squatter. ;)