Sign in to follow this  
DrewDragon

So called thieft DrewDragon

***Warning*** This is not whining it is my side of the events against the ones that are whining over it.

So it seems my name is getting thrown around for stealing stuff. All because I was a noob (about 4 days into playing) and happened to find out that I could use a row boat. I boarded the boat and floated around and returned the boat to where I found it (later to find out from someone that it was stolen before I used it). So after this noob mistake and some very unfriendly PMs from what I guess was the boats owner (They told me that a GM was going to ban my account). I was placed on Fallen Oaks KOS list ( I did not even know what that was at the time).  After a few days I was getting PMs and placed on all kinds of KOS list to the point that if I was killed by an animal I could not leave Blossom and travel back south cause of the KOS. Even the house I had built outside of Oak Heart I had to leave cause I walk out the door and I was in KOS area (Thanks to new deed that went up). All this because I took a row boat for a joy ride and then everyone looked at me when other boats went missing (even if I had my OWN boat at that time, yes I liked that boat some much I made my own and what a pain so I understand the feeling if it was taking, but I had the sense to lock and moor my boat). Now It has come to the point that is something goes missing and my tracks are in the area I am to blame. So I would like to thank both Archon and icbash for killing the game for me. Still over a month left to my prem account and I do not want to play. I had to give up my house, I cannot join a village cause I am labeled a thief. I do not run around looking for new players items and steal them when I can make my own items (and better ql items then new players with lower skills then mine). Yes I made the mistake of boarding and sailing the SS Fallen Oak row boat, but that was the only boat that I did take. I know myself that I did nothing wrong by the game rules and KOS is there for you carebears that want to bend the game rules to suit your own childish cries of MINE MINE MINE but come on I make a noob mistake by getting in one boat and now you have about half of the west coast of the server against me. And I am sure that it might not just be Pristine server after the second boat was taking it was said in freedom chat to not help me as I am a thief (lol this is how I found out another boat was taking by seeing that post). So you guys can have your alliance and once I get the other 2 silver needed for my own deed I will not need to spawn in Blossom if I died and that means I will not have to even go near your new player non friend deeds again.

Sincerely

The row boat thief

p.s better lock up your children and women if you find tracks of DrewDragon around cause I will take anything that is not locked down

I know myself that I did nothing wrong by the game rules and KOS is there for you carebears that want to bend the game rules to suit your own childish cries of MINE MINE MINE but come on I make a noob mistake by getting in one boat and now you have about half of the west coast of the server against me.

In your opinion, someone protecting his property is a childish crying carebear?

Nice way of apologizing/explaining your behavior by insulting the already offended (by you) people.

And somehow explaining why you have been put on KoS, behind the theft itself.

Not to mention I have always found west coast to be friendly, with lots of public places and facilities to help new people/passers by.

Maybe reconsider your attitude before posting your point of view?

• Like 1

lol reconsider my attitude? Maybe I should show you the messages that was sent to me. I did not fully understand that it was such a crime to board a boat at the time. I said I was sorry and never touched one again but my name is still getting dragged around now for over a month and now I am just pissed with it all. Let me guess you must either know of be part of this group am I right? And they where not protecting his property if he was it would have been locked and moored. leaving yours floating around for anyone to use could be called a trap if you are going to whine and cry over someone using it and then saying sorry my mistake but still not let it go even after a month? I said my apologize and explained what happened but that was not good enough. maybe reconsider your attitude before posting yourself.

If you find an unlocked car on a street, and "borrow" it for a ride, how would that be called?

And if the owner calls for the police, and you are put behind bars, according to your logic, it would be owner's fault, right? not because you took something that didn't belong to you, but because, for some reason, he forgot to lock his car.

I don't live on west coast, I've been passing by and enjoyed those places. My attitude is a normal one, would have put you on KoS as well, since I am a "carebear" myself and enjoy MY stuff being left alone.

I never seen anyone naming and shaming you on Freedom chat, but I see YOU naming and shaming people on forums. Is a local disagreement, if you feel you are harrassed you should send a support ticket.

• Like 1

I've floated in the same boat, much worse. I was on KoS'd on alot of deeds. But your "Side of the story" is just drilling more holes in your boat. I have been through the exact same thing but worse. Just appolgize and ask to be removed from KoS dont get in a pissy attitude. Worse thing to do.

Edited by Dskaggsgv

Nah just don't care, all of deeds could put me on KOS for all I care not going to kiss any butts. People will think and put there own logic to it, even if they compare real life to a game. I said sorry to the person who said they will get my account banned for taking the boat and that was it. I just don't like what icbash said about me in another post ( They used my name so I should be able to use his) so just putting in my two cents before the wurm police lock me away with that giant spider who has been on a killing spree. Anyways this post was not meant for me to speak about the right and wrong or how to fix the issue. I only posted it cause others have been saying I will steal anything that is not nailed down. Maybe I picked the wrong server and should have gone to the wild one. Oh well another lesson learned.

• Like 1

I would sympathize if halfway of the thread starts to be very negative. Most likely, when you are accused as thieft, you weren't responding well.. a single apologize and then explain how you find the boat and what did you use it for should have been suffice. Although.. who knows. Some people could be in bad hair day and doesn't realize they talking about this drewdragon spreads like wildfire.

If what you looking for is for community to judge, maybe put a chat log. If what you looking for is to remedy this so all parties can have a fun game, maybe start talking with the offended parties. Or move on. On my times when I first start the game I did offended some people, and I am not even realize it.. but as I do more goods than bad, it outshine the bad :) .

Hope this help.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

Why are you guys all being so mean? He returned the boat after riding around for a bit, it's not even that serious. This guy is obviously new, and if he's receiving this much crap for it of course he would be negative about it.

• Like 6

If what you looking for is for community to judge, maybe put a chat log.

from his post, makes it sound that the conversations/logs would be from PM's.  Never, ever, should anyone post Chat-Logs from PM's on these forums, happened a few days ago on deli, and it backfired to the guy. keep Pm's were they belong.

• Like 1

I don't think you can be banned for taking something that was unlocked on Freedom, afaik at least, lol...

• Like 1

lol reconsider my attitude? Maybe I should show you the messages that was sent to me. I did not fully understand that it was such a crime to board a boat at the time. I said I was sorry and never touched one again but my name is still getting dragged around now for over a month and now I am just pissed with it all. Let me guess you must either know of be part of this group am I right? And they where not protecting his property if he was it would have been locked and moored. leaving yours floating around for anyone to use could be called a trap if you are going to whine and cry over someone using it and then saying sorry my mistake but still not let it go even after a month? I said my apologize and explained what happened but that was not good enough. maybe reconsider your attitude before posting yourself.

You Hid that one inside a unfinished corb and told the owner he would have to buy it back...Ya i have the post!

2ed you Came to my Deed After that and Took a un moored boat right out from next to me (Im the one who hopped into it as passenger) It was un moored as i was using it to Dredge and Create safe Boat Cave to keep you off of my Boats After oak Harbor.

Then it was a 3ed Boat missing and Still is only YOUR Tracks. This is when We as an alliance put you on KOS 3 Strikes and your out

Booskii

Mayor of GOS and Holder of the West Coast Alliance

• Like 3

Have fun finding my deed :) ya will like it if ya find it drewdragon

il just say one thing,if they told you a gm wa going to ban you for using an unlocked boat,they lied,thats never going to happen.

• Like 1

Pretty sure there was this dicton that said ''Deed it or lose it''

• Like 2

You Hid that one inside a unfinished corb and told the owner he would have to buy it back...Ya i have the post!

2ed you Came to my Deed After that and Took a un moored boat right out from next to me (Im the one who hopped into it as passenger) It was un moored as i was using it to Dredge and Create safe Boat Cave to keep you off of my Boats After oak Harbor.

Then it was a 3ed Boat missing and Still is only YOUR Tracks. This is when We as an alliance put you on KOS 3 Strikes and your out

Booskii

Mayor of GOS and Holder of the West Coast Alliance

Uh, yea Drew, that pretty much hangs you buddy when someone respected catches you in the act.

Your deeds are indefensible and yet all you do is cop an attitude.

Someone came into my local area last night after I'd logged out bashed one of our (non-premium) friends' fences, took the fountain that we had painstakingly build and imped for him, threw up a crappy fence, and left. It was behind a fence, and all gates were locked. And still he has no recourse. He's just screwed. It happened in the wee hours of the morning and none of us were on, and none of our tracking skills are high enough to see past a few 'hours'. Even if we could track it, the GMs wouldn't do a darn thing. I've had stuff stolen off my front porch, literally ONE square away and their solution was to tell me to 'work it out' with my rapist. Nice. People who rob you blind are 'doing nothing wrong' in this game, because you somehow didn't 'protect' your stuff, even if it's impossible to do so by an old deed or perimeter blocking your ability to deed it. But that's OK. We adapt and overcome.

But I don't think you have to worry about being 'banned', no matter how crappy your behavior. Thievery and the like are actively encouraged on this game it seems by the fact that nothing is ever done about it. And that of course, just encourages it more.

Taking a boat for a joyride ONCE could have been seen as a 'noob' mistake. Doing it 3x, hiding the boat, trying to get the owner to ransom it back, and then whining like YOU are somehow the victim here... yea, that's just above and beyond idiotic. Grow a set, own up to your actions and apologize. Then people will leave you alone.

Keep maintaining that hardline, and you'll be on KOS until the end of days. I may even add you to my deeds just for safe measure. I despise thieves and people with a chip on their shoulder. :)

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - Language
Hidden by sunsvortex, March 24, 2014 - Language

Just gonna toss this out there, we don't want any of the self entitled new cluster cuntwhiners on the old server.

In the beginning, Rolf Gave us deeds ,and decreed to the world "Deed it or lose it!"

On the ever of that day, Rolf gave us locks, and again stated "Lock it or lose it!"

On the second day, players began to whine and fling poop on the fourms, forgetting the simple mantra of freedom.

TL:DR Don't want your stuff taken?Secure it. Gm's Wont help? No kidding it's your fault.  Want to be able to take back what is rightfully yours? Join a PvP server. 

DrewDragon don't allow the criticism to define who you are. I also steal boats when I come to freedom. It's not my fault. It's the fault of those that don't lock them. Souls like us, who are overly attached to the values freedom and independence from the human law ( what words ! ) will never be understood by the commoners.

When you snatch that boat and sail the open seas, smell the air that blows at your face and feel the refreshing breeze a free main feels when he sails the waters. And after that look behind you and smile. Smile at those pitiful highlanders that think they can cage you by putting you at their pitiful KOS lists. Smile at them and have them know, you took that boat, because that's what you felt like doing and there's nothing they can do about it ;)

Yours Sincerelly

a fellow pirate.

Cheers

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4JD-3-UAzM

Edited by Issle
  • Like 4

And this is a prime example of why we do not want New Cluster Entitled Scum on the old cluster!

Lock your stuff, don't toss a hissy If you don't and it gets stolen.

And DewDragon my lad, Train up in the art of fighting, find a trusty mount, and then camp any deeds who have KoS'ed you and kill the Templar repeatedly. It is the second most satisfying thing being able to kill a Templar whilst the villagers yell at you to leave in local, and you whisper faintly, "Make me"

Edited by Weponsmith
  • Like 5

There is already a place you can go in Wurm to do these things that the rest of us here on Freedom find vile and distasteful.

A place where such things are condoned and mutually agreed upon behavior. That place is the Epic cluster.

But I've seen it for years, in every single MMO I've played. People who are too lame to PVP on the PVP servers, want to PVP on the PVE servers against people who have no interest in doing so. In short, they want easy pickings and low hanging fruit because they aren't 1337 enough to PVP against the real PVPers

People who like that sort of thing are DOING that sort of thing, on the PVP servers and all is well. It takes a special kind of individual to try to come to the PVE servers and bring that sort of behavior over here.

In short, it is childish behavior, regardless of an individual's chronological age.

It is a failure to see that there are other points of view, equally as valid as one's own, and other playstyles, equally as valid as one's own. Not everyone enjoys the same thing. But only a child sits there and says that XYZ has to be a certain way, mirroring their own playstyle, or you are somehow doing it wrong, or whining, etc.

I did my research on this game and the kind of gameplay provided. I wanted to ensure that I could build what I wanted to, without someone destroying in 30 seconds what took me 3 months to build.

And then there are the cries of 'Well, you want it to be MORE realistic, me stealing your stuff is realistic!'. Well by that same logic, so is someone being able to put a crossbow bolt between the eyes of a thief, which is exactly what would happen 'in real life', if I caught someone stealing my boat. You don't take 10% damage from a crossbow bolt to the head. You're just plain out dead. Headshots...That's how thievery has been successfully mitigated for thousands upon thousands of years. Accept no inferior substitutes. ;)

I would, however, condone stealing being enabled on Freedom... with the caveat that thieves are marked thus for 48 hours and can be attacked and one-shotted by anyone with a bow, regardless of it's ql level. And then let us hang the corpses by the town square and post a sign at their feet that simply says: THIEF. And maybe a name toggle above their head that says THIEF in big red capital letters.

You want to take a boat which doesn't belong from you right under the nose of the owner, just because they left it unmoored because they were dredging something? Fine. You are then INSTANTLY flagged thief, and any attack, from any other player, instantly does lethal damage and has a 100% hit chance, regardless of your skills and abilities and armor. Then, they get to loot your corpse, and all of your posessions are forfeit. They then can also sell your stinking, thieving corpse to the merchant or token for 11i. ;)

Then we're good. Other than that, no. I don't pay hundreds of dollars in real money for you to be able to come onto my private land and steal my ship because one of my allies borrowed it and forgot to moor the darn thing. Or for you to be able to waltz onto my deed and lock my BSBs. Which is a horrible exploit, and yet even though it's recognized that this isn't supposed to happen, it has not been fixed and people using this exploit are not being punished. Which, again, simply encourages more such behavior.

You pay to play a certain way. And there are certain servers that support that playstyle. I pay to play a certain way, and there are certain servers that support my playstyle.
Surely you can keep your playstyle, and the irreverent attitude that goes with it, on your server.

It does not make you strong or free or independent to assail or plunder people who have no defense against you. It makes you the basest kind of craven coward. One who desires the riches and glory of battle, but which is too spineless to take them from an armed foe.

If someone is caught endlessly griefing, I don't think they should be banned. Far from it. I think their toon should be teleported to the Epic cluster and some kind of limitation placed that ensures they can never travel to the freedom cluster ever again, and if they do, it kills them. Instantly. Fair warning of this should of course be given. That way there are no misunderstandings. :wub:

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 3

Intentionally pvping and griefing is one thing. Not knowing that getting on a boat is "stealing", riding it around, and putting it back, is a completely different thing.  If you want to talk about the rules being for one type of behavior, then the behavior here that is encouraged by the rules is deed it or lose it, secure it or lose it. A simple mistake by one of your allies is worth the same as a simple mistake by the other party.

Edited by meiyeeer

You should come to Epic, where everything is fair game if you leave your boats unlocked for example.

It's ironic that the cluster named "Freedom" actually has the least freedom.

Edited by Merc
  • Like 1