Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New fence creation window and Shark Season

We launch a brand new way of creating fences, hedges, flower beds and stone walls without all the right-clicks! You now use the same window as for item creation. We are looking into doing the same for houses as soon as possible.

Sharks have changed. They are a lot weaker and a bit more common. It’s unwise to try and fight them swimming, but they will not attack you in boats. They are also pretty easy to avoid and should pose a danger mainly to careless explorers.

There are also reports of the huge Sea Serpents closer to land again. Maybe food is scarce in the deep seas.

Another tweak to smelting was required.

Double favor items for Libila no longer only counts once but should work as for the other religions.

It is no longer possible to ally for MR and JK since the number of HOTS champs is limited to 3.

• Like 6

Still a bad favor item.

Best way to get alchemy items, farming.

Lib cannot farm.

Just make it locks.

• Like 1

Still a bad favor item.

Best way to get alchemy items, farming.

Lib cannot farm.

Just make it locks.

Or lockpicks. Not to mention libila doesnt really have the cordage rope option either (no farming)

Even if they could farm then that would be OP anyway since everything you farm comes out max QL and can be used for max favor. Whereas the other items (locks, ropes, etc) need to be made and the ql varies a lot. I agree with locks or lockpicks, even though this was a good thought to try and stick with the lib theme.

love the new lavender model and pile of grass finally has its own graphic. very nice. oh and rocks have a new model. impressed

edit: stone slabs too?

Edited by hoof2000

Sea serpents?  Are these aggro?

played around with them on Test server, yes they're aggro and yes they're really tough :P

played around with them on Test server, yes they're aggro and yes they're really tough :P

Oh great. So we had all that uproar about sharks and all the reasons why them being aggro is a really bad idea, so they make the sharks non aggro and then throw in aggro sea serpents!!?!

If this is the case, I'm about as disgusted as I can possibly be right this moment!!!!!!!!!!

ps: Are these on freedom???

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

Hmmm alchemy items for favor gain mean that saccing garlic is kind of OP. 

Magranon (locks): Mine iron -> make locks (2 skills used)

Vynora (yoyo): cut wood -> make shafts -> harvest cotton -> make strings -> make yoyo's (4 skills used???)

Fo (piece of cloth): harvest cotton -> make strings -> make pieces of cloth (2 skills used)

Libila (garlic): harvest garlic (1 skill used)

Now tell me that's fair :D

Oh great. So we had all that uproar about sharks and all the reasons why them being aggro is a really bad idea, so they make the sharks non aggro and then throw in aggro sea serpents!!?!

If this is the case, I'm about as disgusted as I can possibly be right this moment!!!!!!!!!!

ps: Are these on freedom???

Go play board games already. You'll be a happier person for it.

• Like 1

WE'RE ALL DOOMED, YAY!

And you can take your insults & attitude and put them where they will fit best.  Maybe you'll be a happier person for it.

If you don't like my post, fine.  That can  be expressed without telling me to play elsewhere. If everyone who doesn't want aggros at sea were to take your advice, where would this game be then, eh?  Just take a look at the thread on sharks.

My question still remains, for anyone who can be civil, are these on freedom?

• Like 1

And you can take your insults & attitude and put them where they will fit best.  Maybe you'll be a happier person for it.

If you don't like my post, fine.  That can  be expressed without telling me to play elsewhere. If everyone who doesn't want aggros at sea were to take your advice, where would this game be then, eh?  Just take a look at the thread on sharks.

My question still remains, for anyone who can be civil, are these on freedom?

I don't think so the one on the test server was huge so i am guess it is an epic only thing. 

• Like 1

You are messing with the wrong person there! I can attest to that, heh. Besides which you have a shallow understanding of that individual to make any such inept assessment.

Anyway, on to more pleasant points. I will have to check out this fence building addition to the crafting window since I am in the habit of building their many varieties. Quite nice to see them all running down the line when completed.

Also, sharks will be pleasantly avoided and put on lower priority in the pest control list or the local pest control expert will be made aware of their whereabouts for further investigation into their nefarious meanderings.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Like to an optional challenge for fishermen/hunters, and yay to the dorsal fin!

I'm disappointed sharks aren't non-aggro. Just making them not attack boats isn't good enough because players do get dismounted from boats. It doesn't matter if someone isn't paying attention. It seems to me targeting a specific group (afk sailors) is a poor business choice. A paying customer is a paying customer. Like I said before, non-aggro sharks is THE path that gives all player types a choice of how they want to play. It requires no extra work and maximizes customer happiness. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I Whole heartily agree with Amadee regarding serpents.

• Like 1

• Sharks have changed. They are a lot weaker and a bit more common. It’s unwise to try and fight them swimming, but they will not attack you in boats. They are also pretty easy to avoid and should pose a danger mainly to careless explorers.

If they won't attack you while in a boat, and it's unwise to attack them while swimming.. would the "careless explorers" be people who explore by swimming?

• Like 1

Hmmm alchemy items for favor gain mean that saccing garlic is kind of OP. 

Magranon (locks): Mine iron -> make locks (2 skills used)

Vynora (yoyo): cut wood -> make shafts -> harvest cotton -> make strings -> make yoyo's (4 skills used???)

Fo (piece of cloth): harvest cotton -> make strings -> make pieces of cloth (2 skills used)

Libila (garlic): harvest garlic (1 skill used)

Now tell me that's fair :D

not to mention massive harvests....I guess it depends on value.

Sharks need to spawn more! If they can be outrun easily and not attack boats... I sailed for hours and have not seen one, and apparently only one got killed so far. Make them more common dammit... 

Why waste time coding them when they are so rare that you have to look for half a day to find one? 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

If they won't attack you while in a boat, and it's unwise to attack them while swimming.. would the "careless explorers" be people who explore by swimming?

Good question.  I'm curious about this as well.  Evidently they're red outline, which would ordinarily mean aggro, but so far people are saying they're not attacking people in boats.

I'm guessing they work like hell horses, which also don't attack unless you attack first, but have a red outline. The difference might be that blue outlines typically lose aggro if you run away?

• Sharks have changed. They are a lot weaker and a bit more common. It’s unwise to try and fight them swimming, but they will not attack you in boats. They are also pretty easy to avoid and should pose a danger mainly to careless explorers.

So how unsafe are boat-bridges, largely made for and used by new(er) players, from here on? Sounds like the ideal place for sharks to be?

Used the fence creation option in the crafting window today and works pretty nice. I found it easiest to start the fence of choice by the normal way of selection and then using the crafting window for the remaining pieces. This way can also que up number desired and click, or click for each application. Saves all those repeated right clicks on the unfinished fencing. This will be even more beneficial when creating house walls are added, so looking forward to that feature as well.

=Ayes=

Got to say that the population of sharks at least on the indy server seems a bit excessive.  One of the nice things about this game is that you don't just go into a zone and have a couple dozen boars/bears/spiders/goblins all standing around waiting to get killed.  That is no longer true.  Now all you have to do is hop in a boat and there are sharks every tile or two.  You can practically walk on their backs from one landmass to the next.  Not that I don't appreciate the ability to go out and raise my FS anytime I want, but I think it approaches being a bit ridiculous that any body of water holds that many great white sharks. 

That being said I really enjoy the game and have enjoyed many of the recent additions.  Keep up the excellent job. 

Sign in to follow this