Sign in to follow this  
Iulianx

Composite Item mechanic

I think large items like Boats,Catapults, Carts and Towers need to be divided in a subansample of elements that you can interact with separately so you do not need to clip into them to get in interaction range.

An example would be that large ships could have Ladders on the side that you could interact with to board it, instead of needing to go trough it to get close to interact with the whole object. You could alos functionalize the sails and cargo hold this way to make things easier to use. 

Another examle would be that it would make it usefull for changing positions on the ship, you could rightclick the crow's nest and select climb, same can be done with towers that feature ladders or Individual passanger slots on a vehicle.

I think this would cause allot of data flow for very little in game upgrade and allot of codeing added that could go wrong - I like the idea but I'd rather spend time on other areas

I consider Wurm's current object interaction and boat mechanic very dated, Interacting with large items is already becoming ridiculous and probably more large items will be added in the future, I think this would be a natural progression of the game mechanics to interact with separate parts of an object.