Sign in to follow this  
Orb

Remove Mag Resurrection Stone/Ability

71 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Mag Res (Chaos)

• Yes
    • No
    • Lower the chance of Mag Res working (Please give comment)
  2. 2. Remove Mag Res (Epic)

• Yes
    • No
    • Lower the chance of Mag Res working (Please give comment)

As title says, topic poll, open to discussion. 

Probability that event A does not occur, 0.25

Probability that event B does not occur, 0.5

Probability that event A and/or event B occurs, 0.875

Probability that event A and event B both occur,  0.375

(87.5% chance to keep gear with Mag and regular Res Stone) 

No KvK, or flame bait in the topic please, just discuss the meta-game. 

Edited by Orb

I think it's just 50%.

• Priests of Magranon with high faith (60+?) and with enough favour (40+?) left, have a chance (75%?) to keep skills at death(Fighting skill not included).

• [14:23:28] Magranon is with you and keeps you safe from the spirit's touch

Wiki thinks it's 75, as well as anyone that has had it used a lot. I just think it's ridiculous for basically 12% chance to lose items. 

+1 And someone really needs to double check how the chance is calculated server-side. There's strong statistical data indicating that the probability to keep your items on death when mag is not calculated correctly.

Lower to 50% and don't allow it to stack with a rezz stone imo

• Like 5

No KvK, or flame bait in the topic please, just discuss the meta-game. 

This poll itself is flame bait. Asking for one of the prime benefits of mag to be removed, without taking from Libila or the other priests in exchange?

This poll itself is flame bait. Asking for one of the prime benefits of mag to be removed, without taking from Libila or the other priests in exchange?

im not even bl so i don't think im bias, but libila doesn't even get bonus' from faith, neither does vyn afaik, fo gets ignored by animals and no thorn damage.

compared to... 25% damage increase, 75% rezz stone and ability to walk on lava

Edited by Bart

"Flame trolling is the posting of a provocative or offensive message, known as "flamebait", to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the poster often has no real interest ..."

I don't think you understand what flame bait means... And your response is literally mentioning the KvK ###### I'm talking about. 

Mag pretty much never looked out for me and saw me lose more good stuff than most players would ever see (drake/glimmer/addy/rares you name it I lost it) and that was doubled with res stones too. Others may have better luck with the bonus than I ever did but I personally don't see it as game breaking for mag to have this bonus.

Besides the 25% damage, this is the only reason I'm Mag

and its a dice roll, not a guaranteed fail-safe. I don't even waste money on res stones because they could fail too.

I know it might seem unfair, but Magranon priests don't really have anything else that is really worth being Mag for.

kinda stupid mag gets two passive bonuses...fo gets one and vyn/lib get ###### with the stam bonus that the other two have already...

the other priests or lib and vyn have no bonuses at all other then the stam that both fo and mag get what are you going to take away lib or vyn there is nothing to take away.....

the other priests or lib and vyn have no bonuses at all other then the stam that both fo and mag get what are you going to take away lib or vyn there is nothing to take away.....

Magranon unique abilities and bonuses: 

• CR bonus in mag domain
  • reduced stam drain on rock
  • Bonus to damage 
  • Chance to not lose skills or items on death
  • Walk on lava without taking damage

• Can collapse rock tiles
  • Goat shape
  • Dominate monsters as loyal servants

Libila unique abilities and bonuses

• Absorb mycelium to heal wounds
  • 99% nutrition when working on/around mycelium
  • Butcher human corpses for food
  • Increased fightskill gain in Lib domain
  • Reduced stamina drain on mycelium
  • Steal, lockpick, destroy structures without penalty (rather valuable on pvp servers)

• Wide range of spells and abilities selecting from all three WL priests, including nolocate, healing spells, spells to control monsters (zombies), skillgain spells, pvp enchants
  • The only effective single target ranged damage spell

Aside from the more comprehensive/varied spell list that libila has, and generally more useful abilities, the two are fairly balanced. Taking away magranon's chance to keep items on death, for high level mag priests, would leave mag priests gimped, without replacing it with something of equal usefulness.

Magranon unique abilities and bonuses: 

• CR bonus in mag domain (balanced)
  • reduced stam drain on rock (balanced)
  • Bonus to damage (not balanced)
  • Chance to not lose skills or items on death (again not balanced)
  • Walk on lava without taking damage (doesnt really matter)

• Can collapse rock tiles immense ability to grief
  • Goat shape LIB doesnt have this and is OP when scaling dirt walls
  • Dominate monsters as loyal servants when lib zombies something they cant rezombie it only lasts 24 hrs and its gone forever mag is able to bring the creatures back and store them until they die in pvp

Libila unique abilities and bonuses

• Absorb mycelium to heal wounds
  • 99% nutrition when working on/around mycelium these 2 are benefits of being HOTS NOT a priest
  • Butcher human corpses for food - can take this out it does not do anything
  • Increased fightskill gain in Lib domain -same as mag (balance)
  • Reduced stamina drain on mycelium same type of thing for mag(rock) (balance)
  • Steal, lockpick, destroy structures without penalty (rather valuable on pvp servers)- does not matter can be taken out since only 1 person can lockpick at a time. and who needs to steal when you raid other kingdoms it comes up as take and not steal.
  • honestly mag and lib should be able to bash things

• Wide range of spells and abilities selecting from all three WL priests, including nolocate, healing spells, spells to control monsters (zombies), skillgain spells, pvp enchants WL has nolo but it also has locate, fo has healing abilities, mag has dom, BOTD blows, and all priests have good pvp enchants
  • The only effective single target ranged damage spell

fireheart should be buffed up to the point of our ranged spell but light of fo needs to be nerfed to just 1 tile like scorn of lib and heal needs to be taken out.

• Aside from the more comprehensive/varied spell list that libila has, and generally more useful abilities, the two are fairly balanced. Taking away magranon's chance to keep items on death, for high level mag priests, would leave mag priests gimped, without replacing it with something of equal usefulness.

hopefully rolf will actually hire gms and a team and fully balance the priests. but that will never happen so best thing i can think up is make it so that all kingdoms are allowed to have any priest/champ thats the only way to balance the priests at this time

I don't understand this point that zombies are one use so dom must be way better, firstly there is nothing stopping the penning of your one use pets to have in preparation for use but secondly lets not forget that zombie pets can be geared with damage enchant two handed weapons and a lot more of a threat to your health than the person leading it as opposed to a dom troll that you can not even give their crappy shod club back if you take it off..... so if we want to discuss balance lets be honest....

It's so weird how good portion that went bl for a moment complained how bad/useless lib was but second they go back to wl they say it's op again...hmmmm

Not gonna write up any long winding useless repeating posts responding to any arguments, just leave it as is

• Like 3