Sign in to follow this  
Orb

Resurrection Stones to only protect equipped gear (Mainly Chaos suggestion)

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should Res protect ONLY equipped gear (Chaos)

• Yes
    • No
    • Add the Epic Looting code as an alternate solution
  2. 2. Should Res protect only equipped gear (Epic)

• Yes
    • No

This is an interesting idea that I had, that I want to test the waters and see what people's thoughts are. Would people prefer if Mag Res/Res stones only protect the gear you have on? I don't think this is a change Epic will want, as they already have the looting code, but I do want to see the response to the idea I had. 

Also for the Chaos people I added an option to express your desire for the Epic loot code.

Dont care for epic, so voted no. I say add epic loot code on Chaos. 

• Like 1

Don't change res stones / add loot code if chaos wants/needs it

Don't change res stones / add loot code if chaos wants/needs it

I agree with this, loot code should be added and res stones kept the same.

• Like 1

how else am i supposed to carry the drake MR drops -1. ruins looting completely

• Like 1

Epic loot code for Chaos. At least Im not aware of any issues with the feature.

Voted no for personal preference. I prefer keeping my inventory of over 9000 items if my res works.

Out of curiosity, what is the epic looting code? Or what's it do?

If enemy are within like 10? or something tiles you're unable to loot corpses

^ Yup

As it stands atm you get people spamming their take key the moment someone dies and pray that you get the corpse, which is really stupid beacause one side can be losing the fight and about to die, but get lucky with spamming take keys and then keep the loot with res stone, especially when coupled with mag effect. Or just screw over people who've legitmately just gotten a really good kill by nabbing the corpse of your fallen ally. This suggestion for adding that Epic code is so we don't have that ridiculous rubbish going on anymore, the side that wins the fight should be the ones looting the corpses in the end.

Spamming take key involves no skill, just luck of the draw for whoever manages to grab the corpse, some people are literally only voting no to this because of kingdom bias/hatreds and the fact that they themselves have benefitted from what i've described above (recently too)

Edited by Nadroj

Voted to add epic loot code.

I don't understand why people would not support this. The epic loot code prevents players from picking up corpses/loot while the enemy is nearby.

A recent incident where this could have been helpful was a skirmish between 3 JK players against 5 MR players yesterday. All 3 JK players were killed along with 2 MR players but all of their resurrection stones worked except 1 MR player who lost a drake set because his corpse was picked up by an enemy player and removed from the fight when that enemy player died.

This meant that despite losing the fight, the 3 JK players lost nothing and gained an additional drake set as loot.

The dropped loot should go to whoever wins the battle, not the loser.

• Like 1

This is an interesting idea that I had, that I want to test the waters and see what people's thoughts are. Would people prefer if Mag Res/Res stones only protect the gear you have on? I don't think this is a change Epic will want, as they already have the looting code, but I do want to see the response to the idea I had. 

Also for the Chaos people I added an option to express your desire for the Epic loot code.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/81180-res-stones-effecting-only-body-and-body-grabbing/

The dropped loot should go to whoever wins the battle, not the loser.

Just consider that this might actually do in a game like Wurm where dying means a long time replacing all your gear; with it being exacerbated on Chaos due to 99% of people wearing drake/scale in comparison to the plate on Epic; regardless of what kingdom you are in if you get wrecked in a fight being able to have your friends pickup your corpses and hopefully save some of the loot I see as a good thing; sure it's lame for those who miss out on the loot but if one side was entirely wiped out and lost almost everything it is going to be a very long time before they are ready to fight again and it sure as hell doesn't provide incentive for people to fight risky with less numbers on their side of whatever.

Just look at the RD fight where JK wrecked MR; I'm pretty sure you guys kept a fair bit of loot due to res/mag bonus chaining but noone in JK cared. In my opinion it's better for the game if a kingdom that gets wiped out doesn't lose all that much thus is willing to fight again the next day compared to being confined to a forge/altar for the next few days replacing gear and in the case of Chaos possibly having to fork out euros for drake/scale.

If anything was changed I might suggest some sort of mechanic where resurrection stones have a higher/lower chance of success depending on how outnumbered you are; in a equal fight they could be less useful so more loot is dropped but if you zerg the crap out of someone they could be more useful so the underdogs get a small advantage and don't lose as much (but of-course never 100%)

The whole idea of a PvP server should be promoting people to venture out and PvP more; and I feel like making it harder for people who get wrecked to keep their loot is just going to do the opposite regardless of what kingdom feels the effects.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 2

If anything was changed I might suggest some sort of mechanic where resurrection stones have a higher/lower chance of success depending on how outnumbered you are; in a equal fight they could be less useful so more loot is dropped but if you zerg the crap out of someone they could be more useful so the underdogs get a small advantage and don't lose as much (but of-course never 100%)

The whole idea of a PvP server should be promoting people to venture out and PvP more; and I feel like making it harder for people who get wrecked to keep their loot is just going to do the opposite regardless of what kingdom feels the effects.

Gavin, you're wrong. I also completely disagree with your suggestion.

What you're suggesting is that smaller numbers should give you greater chance for your res and mag bonus to work to protect your item. This does not benefit PVP or Chaos at all and reduces the amount of loot one gets as previous battles have proven that victory almost always comes to those with greater numbers and strength.

What we've been talking about here is introducing some kind of change (hopefully the epic loot code) that makes it harder for people to pick up corpses while in midst of battle. The chances of losing your loot are still the same as before but you don't get loot removed from battle because of people picking up corpses and dying with successful res stone/mag bonus protection.

As I've said before, the loot from enemy players should go to those who are victorious in battle, not the losers.

Keep as is, already been suggested, failure. -1

Didn't you suggest to change this not long ago?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96089-add-looting-code-to-chaos/?hl=%2Bepic+%2Bloot#entry966947

Some people are just incredible...

IMO, Epic loot code+ Res stone is a good combination. You basically know you lose your stuff, unless your team persists and wins the fight.

Corpse grabbing is frustrating and more of a lottery than anything else.

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 2

And there was a redd post in postes suggestion saying keep this off chaos. KvK bs as usual. +1 to loot code, but you'll likely see less Pvp on chaos.

Edited by Postinglels

I personally love the idea of this... 

My views are always the same when it comes to Wurm! Nobody should be safe and neither should anything you carry. As endlessly crafting and improving to get that extra point of QL maybe a pain, its part of the game!

In my eyes, res-stones should only protect equipped items... maybe this could include backpacks (if worn) with items?

+1

And there was a redd post in postes suggestion saying keep this off chaos. KvK bs as usual. +1 to loot code, but you'll likely see less Pvp on chaos.

What makes you think that?

The odds (res stones) to keep your stuff will be as high as they are now and even if you say it will deter people from doing PVP, I would think the opposite as people could leave their drakes at homes and all switch to plate as they won't have much too lose. No need for res stone and there won't be anything to 'gain' as everyone uses the same stuff. => people will be less afraid to lose things => more pvp.

Edited by Bittereinder

-1 to epic loot code, + 1 to work gear only

This suggestion stems from the simple fact that JK had lucky res stones and didn't drop items. Want to get the real prevention remove res stones and mag res bonus and see how that goes. Then the winners of the fight get everything! This works on epic but not chaos, forcing this game play on chaos means the winners would completely devastate a kingdom by winning a battle where drake/scale is involved and remove pvp for a long time. I feel this is more about anti-pvp than pvp for chaos where it's about crushing rather than fighting an opponent.

Also

It might be me but do we play a game with what appears to be a kingdom agenda to get changes after each fight...

Edited by Fooligun

This suggestion stems from the simple fact that JK had lucky res stones and didn't drop items. Want to get the real prevention remove res stones and mag res bonus and see how that goes. Then the winners of the fight get everything! This works on epic but not chaos, forcing this game play on chaos means the winners would completely devastate a kingdom by winning a battle where drake/scale is involved and remove pvp for a long time. I feel this is more about anti-pvp than pvp for chaos where it's about crushing rather than fighting an opponent.

That's because nobody anticipated such a thing (I refer to loot-grabbing) would happen until it came up in discussion recently.

I disagree with pretty much everything you've said in your post.

I disagree with your suggestion to remove res stones and mag bonus. It's not about getting someone's loot, it's about making sure only the winner of the fight can have it if the res-stone/mag bonus fails. Removing it altogether makes PVP unappealing and therefore discourages it. Having some form of protection makes it worthwhile.

I disagree with your opinion that introducing the epic loot code to Chaos would devastate the losing kingdom. It doesn't reduce your chances of losing your loot, it just stops people from being able to pick it up while in combat. This can go both ways, if you died and your res stone failed but your kingdom won the fight, your corpse will still remain in possession of your kingdom because they won the fight... you'd get your stuff back.

I disagree with your statement that this suggestion is anti-pvp. The epic loot code is nothing short of pro-pvp, it encourages kingdoms to fight on during combat to gain/protect loot of fallen comrades and enemies.

I'd also like to point out that JK members in the past have suggested introducing the epic loot code to chaos and it was met with overwhelming support from the community from all kingdoms on Chaos.

How about this?

When activating a res stone you have two choices.

Body w/ 50% chance

Or

Inventory w/ 25% chance

Also, make it so mag bonus doesnt stack and applies to body.

• Like 1