Sign in to follow this  
Salbian

New item: Sled hitchable by dogs

I think it would be cool to have a new item added called a sled.  The sled could be hitched with up to 2 dogs, maybe 4.  It could be a container and it's capacity is similar to what can be stored in a large chest.  It could be faster than a large cart pulled by 2 horses ONLY if it is winter.  If it is not winter then it is slower than a large cart hitched with 2 horses.

Thoughts??

This sounds fun, an interesting idea that I can't see having many complications, except for 2 key factors;

1) Wurm has very limited resources, and I don't think this would provide much net benefit to the game, particularly because;
2) Winter only makes up just over 1/12th of the year in Wurm, so for 11/12ths of the time, this item would be useless. Noone would breed dogs for speed traits for this short of a period..

Increase the duration of Winter to be more equal to that of the other seasons and I would love this idea.

• Like 1

Increase the duration of Winter to be more equal to that of the other seasons and I would love this idea.

After some more thought on this I agree with the above.  A longer winter would make this very tempting to pursue.

Great feedback and discussion, another reason I enjoy this game and the community that comes with it!

-1 to longer winter. Never, ever, ever.

I would like a sled, maybe even snow dogs (huskies?) would be a "fun" addiction. But currently I (hate) winter.

Edited by Druidnature

I would like a sled, maybe even snow dogs (huskies?) would be a "fun" addiction. But currently I (hate) winter.

Agreed

I have one thing to say to your post, just one thing.

Quote:

End Quote.

• Like 1

I have one thing to say to your post, just one thing.

Quote:

End Quote.

Let's agree to disagree :)

Go pick 1000 flowers in winter, and I'll +1 snow if you live. :3

I'm level 30 in Gardening, meaning I can simply hover over tiles to see if there are Flowers :P

I'm level 30 in Gardening, meaning I can simply hover over tiles to see if there are Flowers :P

I'm nearing 50, doesn't help one bit. >_< we need to have some type of visual representing flowers on the snow tile. Even if it's a completely different flower, just something I can see without needing a game mechanic telling me it's there. Lol

I'm nearing 50, doesn't help one bit. >_< we need to have some type of visual representing flowers on the snow tile. Even if it's a completely different flower, just something I can see without needing a game mechanic telling me it's there. Lol

Then why do we have that game mechanic in the first place?

I'm not much of a treehugger, and I got that out of reforesting, and I can't see what more uses that particular perk have.

Then why do we have that game mechanic in the first place?

I'm not much of a treehugger, and I got that out of reforesting, and I can't see what more uses that particular perk have.

Exactly. It was brought up a while ago to visually show flowers, farm tiles, sprouts on trees, ect better so we can visually see when things are ready to gather instead of needing to use a mechanic.

Flowers without being seen... What point do they have? There flowers!

But this isn't really the right thread to argue it, I posted in the other snow one why I dislike winter. And in sure not the only one, even if were a minority.

Exactly. It was brought up a while ago to visually show flowers, farm tiles, sprouts on trees, ect better so we can visually see when things are ready to gather instead of needing to use a mechanic.

Flowers without being seen... What point do they have? There flowers!

But this isn't really the right thread to argue it, I posted in the other snow one why I dislike winter. And in sure not the only one, even if were a minority.

Farm tiles perk is from the farming skill.

And now that I think it over, it kinda make sense to have the see flower perk if in winter they cannot be seen.

There IS a visual representing flowers on a snow tile, a very obvious one. I'll take a screenshot later when I'm done tunneling, it looks like tufts of grass.

There's no point when winter is short and has a decidedly visual-only impact on the game. I support both tweaking winter to be longer and come with minor gameplay adjustments (such as usage of sleds), but it seems few others do.

• Like 1

Im all for winter having a larger impact on gameplay.

• Like 1

see my post at the bottom of this page, there is a visual representing flowers on snow tiles =)

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/97870-ability-to-turn-off-snow/page-2