Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Name the Tunnel Contest

Hiya Ladies and Gents !
Some people see a mountain and have the urge to climb it. The good people of Port Onody see a mountain, and all they want to do is tunnel through it. I'm here to announce that Dragon Fang Mountain has been conquered once again, this time horizontally. This public tunnel starts from the north side of Freedom Market (directly north of the token) all the way to the east side of Dragon Fang, exiting at the Dragon Fang Market deed (37x, 34y).

Thanks to Milosanx for the video tour of the tunnel. If you'd like to check it out, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO4SdGMF-x4

118p3b8.jpg

To celebrate the occasion, I'm asking everyone to suggest a name for this new shortcut through the mountain. The lucky person whose suggestion is chosen, will win 20 silver coins. Runner up will receive a hearty pat on the back, as well as one of my fancy LT longswords. You may make as many suggestions as you like, but only one per post. If you make more than one name suggestion in a post, only the first one will qualify. After a week, a committee of my choosing will decide on a winner. Best of luck everyone, and I hope you'll all enjoy this new shortcut.

Shout out to all the people who worked on this project:
Crutchly - Mining, Lighting
Goldfever - Mining, Beams
Jillian - Mining, Beams
Luscious - Mining, Beams
Rediculuus - Mining, Beams

Thank you so much for your generousity and help.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 4

draco dormiens (sleeping dragon in latin). As it reminds me a legend on one of the region on Indonesia. Big and long serpentine dragon sleep forever below the land of island Sumatra. When earthquakes happen, it is when the dragon have a bad dream.

And oh, topographically, Sumatra have a long ridge of mountains and also located on the Pacific Ring of Fire and thus have the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded by humans.

And it is a pleasure to be the one to test drive the tunnel. It is marblelous! And this thread makes me smile.. conquer horizontally xD ..

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

Denial of Dentist's Tunnel

Give it to rosedragon if I win :D

I would like to point out that I've been PM'd many requests to name it the "Chuck Norris Tunnel" and it's not going to happen.

:D

So far a few good ones in there... Keep em coming.

• Like 1

the dragon hole? :rolleyes:  now where did i just lose my halo....

Tunnel of Fire (ToF)

"Yeh you gotta go through ToF to get here"

"holy crap ToF is awesome"

"someone's been  mining the god damn floor in ToF"

All of these suggestion seem to Drag on a little... see what I did there? ;)

But never fear its time to claw back and I plan to scale (Red Scale perhaps?) this thread to new heights! I understand that some people's reactions may get alittle fiery but this really is a make or drake...er sorry break* opportunity! The question is, what name should I suggest? I never really got the hang of these Fang-dangeled name things. 

Ah who am I kidding, I don't have a suggestion. I just wanted an excuse to make bad Dragon related puns :D 

• Like 6

Yes, I have noticed a bit of a theme so far, not a problem. The creative juices are just beginning to flow in the community. I'll try to give a little incentive. While making this tunnel we had a running gag name. It was the ... Great Under Mountain Bypass Operation.. or G.U.M.B.O. for short. Now you all don't want to be stuck with that name forever do ya?

• Like 1

I don't have a name to offer yet, but I need to say congrats, this is a stunning project. 

All of these suggestion seem to Drag on a little... see what I did there? ;)

But never fear its time to claw back and I plan to scale (Red Scale perhaps?) this thread to new heights! I understand that some people's reactions may get alittle fiery but this really is a make or drake...er sorry break* opportunity! The question is, what name should I suggest? I never really got the hang of these Fang-dangeled name things. 

Ah who am I kidding, I don't have a suggestion. I just wanted an excuse to make bad Dragon related puns :D

Because it is under dragon fang mountain ;3 .... honor thy dragon that died valiantly above there! (and if i die above mountain, that mountain should be renamed MINE)

Yes, I have noticed a bit of a theme so far, not a problem. The creative juices are just beginning to flow in the community. I'll try to give a little incentive. While making this tunnel we had a running gag name. It was the ... Great Under Mountain Bypass Operation.. or G.U.M.B.O. for short. Now you all don't want to be stuck with that name forever do ya?

+1