Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Name the Tunnel Contest

Submissions are now closed. The names have been forwarded to a committee for judging. With over 100 names to choose from, it's gonna be a difficult task. Thanks to everyone who has participated. Good luck to all.

Good luck to the winners and nice job on this guys.

Edited by Emmanuel

The tunnel has been granted Heritage status.  Very nice job folks.

• Like 8

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 30, 2014 - Removed - Inappropriate
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 30, 2014 - Removed - Inappropriate

The hey kids i got candys tunnel

Well the judging is officially in and a name has been chosen for the new tunnel running through Indys tallest mountain. A decision didn't come easy, and we'd like to thank everyone who participated in this contest and supplied so many great names to choose between. So without further delay, the winner is... "Dragon Fang Pass" as suggested by Jainy. A great big congrats.

Runner up was this suggestion by Dairuka - "Bahamut Bypass".

I'll be contacting both of you to arrange delivery of your prizes.
Hope you'll all enjoy using the new shortcut as much as I hated clearing out the last few ore veins in there.
:)

Edit - BTW, there are some ores in the mine and it was asked if I would prefer to have the ores mine-able or not. I chose that folks should be able to mine in the tunnel (just not the floors pls, hehe). Hope that's ok with you all.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 3

Congrats to the winner and runner up! (and all the laborers)

A decision didn't come easy, and we'd like to thank everyone who participated in this contest and supplied so many great names to choose between. So without further delay, the winner is... "Dragon Fang Pass" as suggested by Jainy. A great big congrats.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity who judged the name choices anyhow? Did you play a part in that or several people or just one person?

Out of curiosity who judged the name choices anyhow? Did you play a part in that or several people or just one person?

Thank you everyone, I think it's a great name.

And gratz to Dair for coming second :P

Edited by Jainy

Of course you think it's great, you're the one who said the basic boring name and won. lol

Rose; I'd love to know who those people were, because they make poor choices apparently :)

EDIIT:  All I know is you don't hold a contest to come up with ideas to name a tunnel, and then pick a name that was probably one of the first 3 generic choices your grandmother came up with when you were talking about the tunnel idea in the first place. lol  You don't NEED a committee or contest for that, it's just a joke.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Theirs tunnel, theirs judgement. There not even exact way to judge or give score to piece of words so drop it off, move on.

• Like 3

Edit - BTW, there are some ores in the mine and it was asked if I would prefer to have the ores mine-able or not. I chose that folks should be able to mine in the tunnel (just not the floors pls, hehe). Hope that's ok with you all.

Why not get some players to make reinforcements and reinforce the tunnel floor? :S

Theirs tunnel, theirs judgement. There not even exact way to judge or give score to piece of words so drop it off, move on.

Stop trying to impersonate a moderator and impose action. lol  It's too funny.

• Like 1

Thank you Gumbo for both the tunnel, as well as the contest.

I would have been thrilled to have even been considered in the top five. Winning second place is phenomenal! Thank you to the team who picked out the names.

Congratulations to Jainy on the big win!

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

lol, did it really take all that long to decide on the least original, most obvious name ever? Come on son...

apologies for the time delay, had a friend pass away IRL.  That took up much of my time last week.

was me and several other people.

EDIIT:  All I know is you don't hold a contest to come up with ideas to name a tunnel, and then pick a name that was probably one of the first 3 generic choices your grandmother came up with when you were talking about the tunnel idea in the first place. lol  You don't NEED a committee or contest for that, it's just a joke.

Thought it would be a fun little contest that would get the community involved and maybe liven up this section of the forum some what. Seemed I succeeded in doing so. If the name offends you this much, no one is forcing you to use the tunnel.

• Like 2