Sign in to follow this  
WesncIsMe

Less Awful Snow Textures

Your screenshot is of a dark smoke-covered sky landscape.  Of course the snow isn't too bright there.  Also those aren't examples of Wurm's snow covered ground, as you can see the dirt under it exposed.

In Wurm the snow is fresh, thick, and blankets everything.  It's awesome!  How can you not appreciate it?

Your screenshot is of a dark smoke-covered sky landscape. Of course the snow isn't too bright there. Also those aren't examples of Wurm's snow covered ground, as you can see the dirt under it exposed.

In Wurm the snow is fresh, thick, and blankets everything. It's awesome! How can you not appreciate it?

Because it's ugly.

Because there's no flowers.

Because some trees look dead.

Because it's just pure white, no variety...

Because it gives me headaches.

Because, it's really ugly.

Use to disagree with turning off fog/snow/ect, now simply because of the god forsaken snow, I'm starting to agree... >_<

• Like 1

Don't have a problem with the snow but can understand that others have problems with it. It shouldn't be glaring white this is a problem in real life too. A good instance of when realism is not a good thing. I've also had problems playing games that were too bright/monochromatic. I'm under the impression that this is another problem with lighting in this game. Every since it was tweaked this game just doesn't look right to me.

• Like 1

I've had a thought everyone should be able to get behind.  We can turn off the glare from the sun, how about we have the option to turn of glare from snow also?  I don't have much trouble early morning or late in the day, but at midday the white is so glaring it gives me headaches.  And this is something that should be addressed ingame, not by my altering my graphics settings for just 1 game.

Siiiigh.

Wurm Settings:  Graphics

"Render sun glare" = OFF

Wurm Settings:  Advanced Graphics

"Reflection Quality" = LOW

"Pretty weather" = ON

And learn how to calibrate your monitor brightness.  There is no way you should be getting headaches from the winter effects.

Also they aren't going to allow you to turn them off, because it would give you the option to have several competitive advantages over players with snow on.

Siiiigh.

"Render sun glare" = OFF

"Pretty weather" = ON

And learn how to calibrate your monitor brightness.  There is no way you should be getting headaches from the winter effects.

Also they aren't going to allow you to turn them off, because it would give you the option to have several competitive advantages over players with snow on.

Edited by Alec

Siiiigh.

"Render sun glare" = OFF

"Pretty weather" = ON

• Like 3

Siiiigh.

"Render sun glare" = OFF

"Pretty weather" = ON

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 2

I have the same settings, infact I've used the same config for years without problems until 1.0 was introduced.

Because my game/hardware is different from yours doesn't mean its completely my fault. I've never had this issue with any other game, only Wurm with the recent client update.

People like you is makes me not even want to look at the forum anymore, too many trolls and people that want to constantly be dicks because someone's suggestion or issue doesn't agree with their own so they feel the need to drag that suggestion/issue down.

At this point you are just arguing for the sake of arguing, the fact you are still going on about this is just pathetic, just drop it.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF2QG7DMyBg

That's what my setting are already, wiseguy, and I still get midday glare from snow.  Stop acting like you are some superior player that knows  more than the rest of us.  Just because you don't have a problem with the snow does not mean others don't.  And as so many have already said, if only 1 game is showing too bright, that game needs some work.  This game needs work in so many places, why are you so intent on arguing about this one?  The only thing I can think of is that you just want to argue.

And I never asked to have snow turned off, just adjusted.  I also said we can already cut sun glare, so it is obvious I knew about that.  Learn to read, and comprehend what you read.

Some people can't comprehend anything other than their own bubble of reality.  I also think it is too bright, seems much brighter than before for some reason. It's annoying and very washed out looking. My settings have not changed and other games are not giving that problem the snow texture here is. Should be a simple fix for art team

• Like 1

This has to be the first winter I walked the wrong way along roads because the roads (highways that are constantly walked on I might add) blended in way too easily with the grass,etc.

I'm going to say +1 to the ability to turn off winter.

Siiiigh.

"Render sun glare" = OFF

"Pretty weather" = ON

Why are you so against something that won't even affect your own game time? They're suggesting an option, let me repeat, an OPTION to turn off winter on their OWN client. They're not turning off your winter. They're not telling you you can't have winter. They're not even suggesting to have no winter. They just want an option to turn if off on their own monitor due to how the graphics are in game.

Stop telling others how they should play this game. Seriously.

• Like 2

Rock should show slightly more grey than grass with snow. My only complaint is in navigating a ship in the winter, None of the familiar landmarks look the same.

• Like 1

This has to be the first winter I walked the wrong way along roads because the roads (highways that are constantly walked on I might add) blended in way too easily with the grass,etc.

I'm going to say +1 to the ability to turn off winter.

Why are you so against something that won't even affect your own game time? They're suggesting an option, let me repeat, an OPTION to turn off winter on their OWN client. They're not turning off your winter. They're not telling you you can't have winter. They're not even suggesting to have no winter. They just want an option to turn if off on their own monitor due to how the graphics are in game.

Stop telling others how they should play this game. Seriously.

Then can I have the option to turn off wind effects?  Because when I'm sailing into a gale at 2kph, I get a headache.  What about fog effects?  Where does this end?

I'm not trying to tell you how to play.  I'm telling you that certain things are essential to the Wurm experience, and they aren't going to give you the option to disable them.  This also brings up competitive issues that you either don't think about, or don't care.  Players that use this option to disable certain effects are going to have an advantage over other players.  That is NOT a situation we should be encouraging.

Better textures?  Absolutely, I'm on board with that.   The option to disable winter?  No, sorry.

Then can I have the option to turn off wind effects?  Because when I'm sailing into a gale at 2kph, I get a headache.  What about fog effects?  Where does this end?

I'm not trying to tell you how to play.  I'm telling you that certain things are essential to the Wurm experience, and they aren't going to give you the option to disable them.  This also brings up competitive issues that you either don't think about, or don't care.  Players that use this option to disable certain effects are going to have an advantage over other players.  That is NOT a situation we should be encouraging.

Better textures?  Absolutely, I'm on board with that.   The option to disable winter?  No, sorry.

1. This has nothing to do with wind effects. This has to do with snow effects. Different aspect of the game. You're comparing an actual game mechanic with graphics. They aren't even the same developing department!

2. "Certain things essential to the Wurm experience" .... you're telling as how we're supposed to experience Wurm; therefore, you are telling us how to play. Just because you're desired "Wurm experience" is different than our desired "Wurm experience", it doesn't make you right or wrong, so stop forcing your own ideals down our throats.

3. What competitive issues? Because I don't see snow I sell more items? I can terraform easier? There are NO competitive issues for this. These are graphics we can talking about. Graphics make the game look a certain way. In what way do having certain graphics provide competitive advantages. If we're going that route, I could argue that we shouldn't be able to change graphics settings at all as it provides a competitive advantage. Get real.

Edited by Lotus1

If it is "essential " then why was there never snow in the past, wowo we managed to play just fine without the different seasons back in the day.

(Yes I had to use that argument)

I was very happy with only having a white ground at christmas :)

• Like 1

Bump.

When I turn FBO/VBO off, its pure white for me. When I turn those on the game is completely unplayable due to massive FPS drops

Sooo... we are at that time of the year again.

And you know how much I hate having to play Wurm with sunglasses.

• Like 2

Sooo... we are at that time of the year again.

And you know how much I hate having to play Wurm with sunglasses.

ok so its not just me

also if I wanted to deal with something that bright - I'd go stare at the sun - its only half as painful

And again, I have to wear my sunglasses or spent all winter on the mines.

Wait, I like the mines.

maybe make it so winter is like melting snow?

majority of the ground is normal textures with batches of white?

Snow-Melting-on-grass-300x225.jpg

-1, believe it or not. If it snows enough irl you cant see the ground, deal with it