Sign in to follow this  
WesncIsMe

Less Awful Snow Textures

I really dont mind the other seasons at all but the god awful textures for the snowy season is just terrible. It really starts to hurt the eyes after a while.

The ability to turn it off in the options somewhere would be nice or atleast some better textures..I know there isn't much you can do with a snow like texture but they are just...awful, especially rock and grass textures, there is no difference and its confusing.

I also realize the ability to turn of a season may be "unrealistic" to some, if that is the case just make better textures

Edited by WesncIsMe
  • Like 11

Rock tiles should be half rock half snow, or alteast something that would make it a bit more visible.

Not everything can be 100% covered under the snow at winter.

But atleast winters are really short, and it makes us appreciate the summer more =)

Edited by silakka
  • Like 4

+1 only because of the bug with sunlight that makes snow-covered grass and lawn tiles so bright during the day that I can't leave my house unless I wear sunglasses while I play computer, and I am afraid my wife will look strangely upon me if I start doing that.

• Like 1

Nay the weather is considered a course hazard. Same as the fog.

Granted the weather could play a far more nasty role in Wurm survival.

EDIT: Far as the texture issues, I tweak monitor and gfx card settings.

Edited by Klaa

especially rock and grass textures, there is no difference and its confusing.

Grass tiles are plain snow, sometimes with a little tiny bush or sprout on them

Rock tiles are snow with lots of little twigs of grass sticking up through them

Once I noticed the difference, it became very easy for me to tell them apart. I'll do a comparison screenshot later to help.

All that aside, it'd be REALLY nice to have the option to turn down the glare/brightness of snow a bit. I'm all for environmental hazards and all that, but when it is so bright that it hurts to look at my screen in the middle of the Wurm day, I hardly imagine Rolf intends for snow to make the game painful to look at. Physically painful.

We could also turn off rain and the fog and even the rainbow. No, -1 for me.

Just don't play during winter, Like I do.  It's freaking ugly as as sin itself.

• Like 1

-1, everything plays a role some how, winter is meant to be confusing. :)

+1 to improving winter textures and turn off your bloom people

+1 to improving winter textures and turn off your bloom people

Bloom is off. Snow is still blindingly bright for me in the daytime.

Snow is blindingly bright in the daytime in real life.  I suppose too much realism is a bad thing but...I've never really been bothered by it.  In fact, it kind of makes me feel at home being from a place that gets a lot of snow.   :P  And the winters are pretty short, as some have said.   It'll be gone this week sometime...

Personally I love the seasonal changes.  Perhaps some better texture work for the winter, but no to ignoring it completely.  

Sorry, -1 for once.  +1 to a little texture work (but NOT the cobble, I think that looks great in the winter).  Maybe some snowy caps to walls, a little variety in the snow cover on tiles if possible?  For example, irl in the winter, snow blows with the wind, and "drifts" form...maybe that could be incorporated somehow?  Or....

GASP....Actual snow cover that builds up?  Like another layer on top of dirt that you have to shovel away?  *evil smile*

People would have to go out and shovel roads in winter or it would impede movement ;) (Enter the "Ploughcart" lol)

Edited by Geddingwood
  • Like 2

Massive -1 to yet another 'i dont like it, so fk everyone else' suggestion.

Tweak your graphics, or make a suggestion to improve the textures, but don't ask to turn something off that is and has been part of the game for a long time.

Secondly, how awesome would it be to walk around a summer setting with everyone else in snow, real smooth sir...

There are much more logical and mind-use worthy suggestions around this, like improving textures or having different detail settings for snow (like caves) or or or

Massive -1 to yet another 'i dont like it, so fk everyone else' suggestion.

Tweak your graphics, or make a suggestion to improve the textures, but don't ask to turn something off that is and has been part of the game for a long time.

Secondly, how awesome would it be to walk around a summer setting with everyone else in snow, real smooth sir...

There are much more logical and mind-use worthy suggestions around this, like improving textures or having different detail settings for snow (like caves) or or or

No, our rather see improved winter textures.

Edited by Ganken

I want this irl right about now.

-1 though

Edited by Elen

Read the OP you ignorant goose !  He asked for a choice to disable it,, not to "Kill winter for everyone", also, you will see from other posters, that he is not the only one who has an issue with the winter textures, wich by the way, the OP also said that if not possible, to try to improve the winter textures.

So please, read the OP or stfu before trying to bash a suggestion that is an actual concert to many players.

I did, you self righteous fool.

the ability to choose to disable anything that chances the environment is as good as the next.

I want the ability to disable fog and mobs, so that I can do that on a whim as it suites me. Same thing. 

I want winter textures that doesn't burn my eyes. Thats my only problem with winter.

• Like 1

I did, you self righteous fool.

the ability to choose to disable anything that chances the environment is as good as the next.

I want the ability to disable fog and mobs, so that I can do that on a whim as it suites me. Same thing. 

Dude, then make a suggestion for those options to be available, instead of touring the forum and trying to bash every suggestions that is not the one you are secretly witholding from the forum.

Winter is decoration, no real impact in gameplay, AND theres already the phobia mode, so its not unheard of that things like -gasp- mobs can be turned on and off.

I wouldnt care about an on/off option, because I would still keep the winter on, I think its good to have an annoying season, but I am pro-choice, give people as much control as they can, without affecting the core experience.

I wouldnt mind textures that are less blinding, but I can live with the current ones, still, +1 to the OP suggestion because despite it doesnt affect me directly, I can see its as a real concern that would have no negative impact on me, and would help other players, Marlon, do you get that concept ?