Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Take control of traders

When you buy a trader deed and the trader ends up belonging to another deed there is no way for the mayor to take control of that trader. If they have a high tax rate the deed that they belong to will end up getting 40% to their upkeep even though it is on your deed. If a player wanted to they could set up a bunch of them with max tax and sell the deeds off after they have got their money back and rake in the upkeep for a long time.

What i am suggesting is allowing the mayor of the deed the trader is on to take control of the trader with a right click option or deed setting. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Why should you be the new owner of a trader you didn't pay for, bad enough of you that you took this trader. 

cause he aint deeding above undeeded trader, he bought the deed.

• Like 1

yea they don't stay like that anymore they disband with the deeds now. I am talking about buying one that is messed up. I learned my lesson and will check every time i buy one now but really we should have a way to correct it even if it is with /support. 

If you do that then you need to allow everyone to disband them if they wish for coin or contract.

I say you should get stuck with what you get myself you already have enough Traders as it is anyhow. ;)

Anyhow allow disbanding of traders for 35s that would be better and not be just for your personal sorrows.

Or you can work it out with the guy who bought the Trader and have him make them a Non citizen.

Anyhow -1

Edited by Protunia

If you do that then you need to allow everyone to disband them if they wish for coin or contract.

I say you should get stuck with what you get myself you already have enough Traders as it is anyhow. ;)

Anyhow allow disbanding of traders for 35s that would be better and not be just for your personal sorrows.

Or you can work it out with the guy who bought the Trader and have him make them a Non citizen.

Anyhow -1

Well it was not so much for me it was for the next guy that buys it and yes i have contacted the person that sold me the deed but they sold the deed that the trader is a member of to someone else and i have contacted them....See where it is becoming an issue?  I think you are to focused on the point that it is me that bought it i don't care i bought it knowing i would resell it anyway. BUT the next guy that buys it to live and use will be paying 20% to the upkeep of his neighbors deed unless the guy i contacted kicks the trader out of his deed. 

I'm all for the trader being removable by the owner of the deed, but not transferring ownership to them. Heck, on the Epic Cluster, and Chaos, I'd be all for deed owners being able to kill/destroy traders on their deed, or take it, due to the nature of the server rules, and the way planting things like lamps works.

I don't think anyone is understanding what i am talking about so i am just going to close this i will deal with the one i have and know to look from now on. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that when the server resets traders automatically become a citizen of whatever deed they are sitting in? I have kicked the traders out of Kyara a few times but when the server resets the ones on the actual deed all become citizens again.

So this is only really a 'problem' for traders that are off-deed; in which case the new owner can just deed over them.

Edited by Gavin

yea they don't stay like that anymore they disband with the deeds now. I am talking about buying one that is messed up. I learned my lesson and will check every time i buy one now but really we should have a way to correct it even if it is with /support. 

They only disband with the deed if they are a citizen; you can go into the citizen list and boot the trader then disband the deed without issues. Just make sure it's not near a server restart because upon restart they automatically join the deed again (unless as mentioned it is off deed).

Edited by Gavin

I'm pretty sure that when the server resets traders automatically become a citizen of whatever deed they are sitting in? I have kicked the traders out of Kyara a few times but when the server resets the ones on the actual deed all become citizens again.

So this is only really a 'problem' for traders that are off-deed; in which case the new owner can just deed over them.

No it only works like that if it does not belong to any deed if it is a member of a deed it never changes until it gets kicked out.  Brookhaven had 10 traders as members of the deed up until i sold it and kicked them all out. ( so for over a year for sure)

Edited by Kegan