Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Oaks and Bushes

While i can understand that the oak has a large canopy and trunk so you limited planting other trees two tiles around them but why should that include bushes? I am asking that the bushes be allowed to be planted on tiles next to oaks without them being killed for better options to decorate our deeds.

Note: I never used oaks for this reason so if they don't kill bushes then let me know the wiki just says trees so i am assuming it induces bushes too.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

we have large oak forest and grape farm right next to each other

oaks do kill grapes, but sometimes they get tiny gaps to get inside ;P

I believe the rational is based on oaks blocking out so much sunlight, that they prevent any trees and bushes from growing under their canopy, just like how cedars make the ground acidic around them, limiting the growth abilities of non acid-loving plants. 

I'm fine with it the way it is, but it doesn't really hurt me either if it's changed, so neither +1/-1 here.

Please keep it to kill bushes also. I understand your wish to decorate Kegan, but doing as you ask for would mean oaks won't guarantee free grasstiles around them anymore. Which is a pretty important factor to keep around for people wanting to keep grazers alive without having to go through the fields every single day to chop off lots of pesky bushes and trees spawning everywhere around - oak trees are the welcome remedy to this.

And we only have two kinds of trees with this factor to them as it is - I would rather see a few more kinds of these then less to be honest. All the other trees go well with the bushes you wish to see, including the new ones (I had hoped to see at least one oak-/willow-like among those). And for instance chestnuts really arent far off from oaks as to massiveness, if that's why you are wanting oaks around. And bushes.

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 2

Please keep it to kill bushes also. I understand your wish to decorate Kegan, but doing as you ask for would mean oaks won't guarantee free grasstiles around them anymore. Which is a pretty important factor to keep around for people wanting to keep grazers alive without having to go through the fields every single day to chop off lots of pesky bushes and trees spawning everywhere around - oak trees are the welcome remedy to this.

And we only have two kinds of trees with this factor to them as it is - I would rather see a few more kinds of these then less to be honest. All the other trees go well with the bushes you wish to see, including the new ones (I had hoped to see at least one oak-/willow-like among those). And for instance chestnuts really arent far off from oaks as to massiveness, if that's why you are wanting oaks around. And bushes.

You're more likely to have to replant the grass tiles because animals pack them than have bushes pop in there.