Sign in to follow this  
Cayce

Question about Sky Ridge Overlook

Hey guys!

So, I'm relatively new on the server and spent the first hours traveling, trying out some things and talking to some really nice people that helped me out. I have a cart now! Yay! I can put things in there! Thats really cool.

But I'd like to settle down and build a small house or something and I found a really nice place on the north ridge of Mount Tundra. There is really much wild land out there, but the spot I like most is near (of course not directly next to it, but it is still visible) the "Sky Ridge Overlook". (it's very much on the north-east ridge)

The deed is not marked on the community map - maybe too new? Well, as I don't want to annoy someone because I started building something near there I wanted to ask around if someone knows the one who built there, maybe knows if he is still continuing his work and if so, if he would mind to get a neighbour.

Thank you very much,

Cayce

While it is nice to ask you don't have to if the land is not deeded and not in a perimeter then it is open land and you can build your house there. If you wanted to see who owns the deed go to the token if you can find it and it will tell who owns it in the settlement information window,

Edited by Kegan

Yup, don't have to ask.  But, its a good idea to ask if you want to get along and get possible help from neighbors, especially if you are new.

• Like 1

There don't seem to be many people there, but there is a huge area where someone (or a group of people) started to build... but it is so huge and empty and with many, many things left lying around. Is there any way to determine if there is still someone living there or if it has been deserted for a longer time?

Anyway, thank you very much for your answers. I'll start building and will keep watching for the neighbours. Maybe they will eventually turn up. I will have to thank the one who built a guard tower up there and near enough to reach. ;)

@Kegan: Thanks for the tip with the token. I didn't know that and will keep it in mind.

Yup, don't have to ask.  But, its a good idea to ask if you want to get along and get possible help from neighbors, especially if you are new.

Yeah you don't HAVE to ask, but its polite.

Specially if the other guy has a deed and you don't.

That kind of attitude isn't very healthy in Wurm.

Regarding Sky Ridge Overlook - the poeple there don't seem to be online very often - or at different times than me. ;) I've met one person who seemed to live there and when I asked him he said it was fine for him to have a new neighbor.

By now I've found a different place to settle not on the ridge but in the vally right in the middle of Mount Tundra. The one who has a deed there was very kind and helpful, giving us armor and even two horses. :D
It is fortunate that there are two guard towers around there too.

I'm really surprised how friendly the people here in Wurm are!
Now I have a little field secured with a fence and am building on a small house. This is really fun!

Edited by Cayce