Sign in to follow this  
MissWilc

Release Sermon Group

I'm no longer running sermon groups. See posts on the thread to see who is.

Bring your new or experienced priest and join the group.

Benefits of joining this group include:

• Faster priest skill gains
  • Get a lot of tips from veteran priests
  • Many of us leave our toons online when we aren't playing so you can preach whatever time of day works best for you
  • Hundreds of meals made by Release's very own master chef, Mr. StanLee

There are metal altars for every religion so bring your statuette and mats to sacrifice.

Feel free to bring any alts who are followers -- the more listeners, the better the faith/favour gain.

There is an order for sermons, so be sure to let the crew know you're there for the sermon group and you'll be added to the list.

If you have never attended a sermon group, don’t be afraid to speak up. We are happy to have you and will tell you everything you need to know about working with the group.

How the group works:

1. People are added to a sermon list as they arrive or log on.

2. A sermon can be held every 30 minutes (but each toon can only preach every 3 hours)

3. In order to get a prayer reset, there must be at least 6 additional toons within 4 tiles of the preacher (listeners must be premium and following a diety).

4. After you preach, you edit the list by putting your name at the end, and include the time for the next sermon.

5. If you leave your toon online while AFK you stay on the list.

6. If you leave for any reason and miss someone else's sermon, you go to the end of the line (does not apply to short disconnect).

7. Announce when you are going to preach in case other members are more than 4 tiles away and need to get back.

8. If it is your turn and you seem to be AFK, you will be poked, slapped, cursed, and probably mocked. After 2 or 3 minutes you will be skipped over.

Edited by MissWilc
  • Like 3

I am around for help most the time :)

As well as leaving characters there for warm bodies

Come down and level your priest/priestess very fast

Scarlet wont be there this weekend, Helping out at MDE will be there Monday

The Lotus Landing sermon group is back in action. 24/7 sermons. High ql enchanted food. Good company. Join us....resistance is futile.

I thank this group of awesome priests & normal people on helping me to 100 faith.

Will be staying hear till the week end then its back home to grind up soul depth.

• Like 1

I will be there this weekend with Danaren the Fo priest. See you folks then

Things are going great so far two have reached 100 faith, a few more are close population of non priests is great as well a big chunk of the time you are getting big ticks. Saw some .28's yesterday :)

Good times and good people. Hope to be back next weekend

Good times and good people. Hope to be back next weekend. Sorry double post

Edited by Trivin

FYI for anyone planning to joining us. We are taking a break today so that everyone can take care of business. We should be back at it tomorrow. Feel free to PM Wilca if you have any questions.

We are up and preaching, come on down! Or up, or over. 

Awesome idea!

Any chance for a newbie priest to join the action? :)

Awesome idea!

Any chance for a newbie priest to join the action? :)

Yes

Its a 24 x 7 group, so the sooner you get there, the sooner you get into the rotation. Ask questions when you first get there about how the groups work, and you'll do fine.

The LL group is taking a break for a couple of days to tend our deeds and recruit some more priests. If you have a priest you'd like to level, watch this post to find out when we'll resume. Feel free to PM Wilca ingame if you have any questions.

We are looking for priests who are willing to hang around for at least several days. No preaching and running -- it's only fair that if you benefit from our presence then we should benefit from yours   ;)

I am from Pristine, where there currently is no sermon group.  Since this is my first time doing the priest thing, I thought there would be no better place to put Priesthood into perspective, and I was right.

When I first approached the sermon group, I was able to preach (and taught how to) withinn 1 hour of arrival.  After that, I preached every 3 hours, on time, and got over 8 faith on the first day.  Food and water were provided, and Wilca and his crew were IMMENSELY helpful at answering all my noob questoins about priest cooldowns.

The part I liked the most was that people left their character online while they were asleep IRL, so I could preach at all hours of the night.  The building is also fenced in (with grass) so I didn't have to worry about my horse running away.

We're happy to have you as part of the group Warg!

FYI to anyone interested. The group will resume preaching this Friday. Mark your calendars  :)

Edited by MissWilc

I am from Pristine, where there currently is no sermon group.  Since this is my first time doing the priest thing, I thought there would be no better place to put Priesthood into perspective, and I was right.

When I first approached the sermon group, I was able to preach (and taught how to) withinn 1 hour of arrival.  After that, I preached every 3 hours, on time, and got over 8 faith on the first day.  Food and water were provided, and Wilca and his crew were IMMENSELY helpful at answering all my noob questoins about priest cooldowns.

The part I liked the most was that people left their character online while they were asleep IRL, so I could preach at all hours of the night.  The building is also fenced in (with grass) so I didn't have to worry about my horse running away.

Our alliance has been hosting sermon groups at Revelstone and now Lotus Landing since last September (or there abouts). We pretty much got it figured out what works and how to make the process fair to all, while maximizing everyones faith gain which is really the goal here.

The key simply is to be a good listener as well as a good preacher.

Good to have you on board, hopefully the group will continue into the future :)  (Miss Wilca has been doing a fantastic job keeping this going and organized in recent months and just about everyone from the alliance has helped along the way.)

Thanks to everyone who has helped this group over the past 8 months or so. :D

• Like 1

I just arrived in Lotus Landing... no one's here yet >:(

Sorry -- it's early afternoon for me. Still at work.

Thanks and big hugs to my alliance for hosting, cooking, and in general supporting the group  :)

Edited by MissWilc
  • Like 1

Two of us are coming back, and will stay on all night.

awesome! I'm bringing anther toon over so we'll have enough :)

Sermons still going and another priest hit 100 faith!

Short break to take care of business.

If anyone is interested in joining the group, please post here or PM Wilca in the game.