Sign in to follow this  
AliDarwish

Free-upkeep deeds for premium members but with limitations

Hi,

I would like to suggest the ability to found free-upkeep deeds.

We are already paying to play as premium, so I think it would be fair to have an option to make free-upkeep deeds but with certain limitations like:

- Must be a democracy

- No deed guards

- No perimeter

- No reduced decay

- No instant log-out on deed

- No branding animals

- No acquired knowledge

- No enchanting bonus

- No alliances

- Not convertable to a regular deed.

- A size limit

- Will be automatically disbanded if the mayor has been inactive for 1 month

Advantages:

- Free upkeep

- Perhaps also available for free to play?*

I suggest this will be foundable just like a regular deed by buying a 'Minor Settlement form' from an npc trader, which will cost 2 silver or less (preferably less than 50 copper coins)

The reason why I suggest this is because I find wurm rather uninhabited, especially when america sleeps (I'm european). I really think this option will improve the player count and playability, because the more options people have, the more fun the game is for everyone. 

I also think the most important thing is that a free-upkeep deed MUST be a democracy. This will also mean that if the mayor has been inactive for like 3 weeks the other citizens can prevent the settlement from being automatically disbanded by electing a new mayor.

This will also dramatically improve the number of democracies on wurm. (I love democracy but come on if I'd pay 10 silver for the settlement form and then also the deed upkeep on top of paying for my premium time I would surely make my deed a dictatorship. And I think that's exactly the reason why most settlements are dictatorships.)

*This will especially improve player count if this will be made available for free to play. I think the skill limit of 20 brings enough incentive to become premium. I even think this will add more incentive to become premium, and will also keep free players from leaving the game, which statistically increases the chance they will become premium.

I'm sure my suggestion will be a vast improvement for wurm.

Edited by AliDarwish

I would like to add that I have been playing wurm as a premium player for almost  1 year.

Edited by AliDarwish

sounds like easy way to make money set up deeds and then drain em

• Like 2

So what's the point to make a deed if it has no benefits? Just build some houses, fence off the area and that's it...

• Like 2

So what's the point to make a deed if it has no benefits? Just build some houses, fence off the area and that's it...

Exactly.

Hmm, player says they've played for over a year, but forum account created today, and with an outlandish idea that could easily get a lot of rage from players.  Been seeing this pattern for a few weeks now, always a new account, and always an outrageous idea that gets flamed for being so bad.  I think I smell a troll.

• Like 3

Vroomfondel are you calling me a liar?! Cut the crap man and get a life.

And the benefits of a free upkeep deed are: respawning at deed, banking at deed, deed permissions.

Hmm, player says they've played for over a year, but forum account created today, and with an outlandish idea that could easily get a lot of rage from players.  Been seeing this pattern for a few weeks now, always a new account, and always an outrageous idea that gets flamed for being so bad.

As the OP stated they have been playing that length of time I would give them the benefit of doubt this is accurate. Yes, it seems almost the same as an enclosure and the exact benefits it would provide need to be gone into more detail by the OP to understand exactly what they would be. Then a more informed reply in response could be given. Until then, I don't clearly see what benefits this setup would provide.

Beyond this, various versions of mini-deeds have been suggested in the past with more concise descriptions which seemed to be good proposals. This one is just too lacking in those pertinent details. Perhaps "to be continued" will be.

=Ayes=

Deed = upkeep

"Free upkeep deed" is a non-sense, you don't pay anything, but want to own land without any risk? Live on wild land.

There are already enough deeds made for the solely purpose of placing traders. Don't try to make it even easier than it is. Unless this is the real purpose of this odd idea.

Something that could benefit new players would be a limited size area (something to a max 10x10 plot of land) where they could live, build a house, farm and so on, and that area could be deed-over protected for a certain amount of time - if they don't deed over it in 2-3 weeks, it will become free land again and couldn't be used as "protected land" for some months, to prevent abuse. But I'm not even sure this would be beneficial, was only a thought.

Edited by Ballad

Hmm, player says they've played for over a year, but forum account created today, and with an outlandish idea that could easily get a lot of rage from players.  Been seeing this pattern for a few weeks now, always a new account, and always an outrageous idea that gets flamed for being so bad.  I think I smell a troll.

This seems about right to me. Suggesting a 'deed' that has no cost, and practically no benefits. 

You need to learn to read.  I didn't call you as liar, I called you a troll.  At the least this thread is trolling to get a fight from the players.  This idea will never get implemented anyway, you forget that Rolf makes part of his money from upkeep.  Unless you have a way to compensate that, this idea is dead before it starts.

Rakki that shouldn't be possible of course. I didn't list it because it is obvious enough you couldn't drain a free-upkeep deed ;)

About rolf, this may encourage more players to actually buy premium time, which is income.

I think that just the benefits of respawning at the token, banking at the token, and deed permissions are a fair deal.

And just because it has so few benefits and that much limitations as stated in the first post we won't see many (read: none) regular deed owners rush to disband their deeds and buy a minor settlement form (the form as stated in first post). Also the cost of the minor settlement form I have left this debatable to consider income balance but I guess 2 silver or less will be fair.

Idea: conquerable deeds with no upkeep on pvp servers. One could be in a central location, and owning it could give the kingdom some sort of bonus.

I don't like this idea on freedom, because people would spam them to claim more land.

Maybe enclosures could be protected.

Edited by Ganken

+1 only along with elimination of legal enclosure rules, should come with some sort of minor upkeep (20c?).

So I would have 3 free deeds to grief people I don't like with? ... Mwahaha!

-1 for obvious reasons. This would block players that are willing to pay for upkeep from getting land, it would be used to block people from expanding on purpose, ect.

Just make a really small deed, 1s upkeep a month is nothing. Or join a village. If that's not your thing, or you can't afford a deed, make a enclosure. Won't be fun repairing, but that's how it works.

This would just cause way to many problems, with very little benefit.

Idea: conquerable deeds with no upkeep on pvp servers. One could be in a central location, and owning it could give the kingdom some sort of bonus.

I don't like this idea on freedom, because people would spam them to claim more land.

Maybe enclosures could be protected.

Ganken I agree. The need for this is much more on the pvp servers.

Yeah, no. The idea is BAD. And would be even worse on PvP servers where land ownership is a big factor towards the "war". Ganken if you think that freedomers would spam deeds, seeing how some war movements have been made in PvP by chaining deeds, imagine making it that much easier.

So I would have 3 free deeds to grief people I don't like with? ... Mwahaha!

-1 for obvious reasons. This would block players that are willing to pay for upkeep from getting land, it would be used to block people from expanding on purpose, ect.

Just make a really small deed, 1s upkeep a month is nothing. Or join a village. If that's not your thing, or you can't afford a deed, make a enclosure. Won't be fun repairing, but that's how it works.

This would just cause way to many problems, with very little benefit.

This, pretty much.

Edited by KanePT

Druidnature then I suggest the following rules:

To make a free-upkeep deed:

- 1 free-upkeep deed per person

- one must not be the owner of a regular deed

- one must not be member of any existing settlement

- alternate characters may not own a free-upkeep deed, only main characters. (This can easily be avoided, just like spy protection i guess you can even program something which prevents this)

Druidnature then I suggest the following rules:

To make a free-upkeep deed:

- 1 free-upkeep deed per person

- one must not be the owner of a regular deed

- one must not be member of any existing settlement

- alternate characters may not own a free-upkeep deed, only main characters. (This can easily be avoided, just like spy protection i guess you can even program something which prevents this)

We're already assuming its 1 deed per charecter, you can't have more than one deed per character already. You can't really prevent alts from doing that. For one would be a "toxic" rule. You can't start restricting who gets to do what. On the other hand its not as easy determining what's an alt and what is not in a MMO.

It's still a bad idea, no matter how you try to dress it.  You are talking about a lot of coding so players can have multiple types of deeds, and at much less cost to the player (and less income for Rolf).  As I said before, never going to happen.  Enclosures, or deed it to keep it, simple enough to remember, and is working already.  I know enclosures aren't all that safe, but if you don't want to pay for a deed I don't really have much sympathy for you.

• Like 1