Sign in to follow this  
Orb

Give Libila priests the locate spell

Enchantment view point

BL

We can't locate unless we go on a vyn somewhere off deed that can't move....

We can't get nimb unless we go on a vyn somewhere off deed...

We can't get a sperate coc/woa unless we go on a vyn somewhere off deed..

we can't cure our horses unless we go on a fo somewhere off deed...

we can't get LT unless we go on a fo somewhere off deed...

We can't get venom unless we go on a fo somewhere off deed...

We can't get a mag to collapse/reinforce tiles on deed.. or died when walking aroudn the caves...

We Can't get FA unless we go off deed somewhere.....

We can't get aosp unless we go off deed somewhere....

Vs WL

We can't get RT unless we go off deed....oh wait FA is clearly better...

We can't get bloodthirst unless off deed...

We can't cast web armour unless off deed....

Pvp wise-viable only spells

Bl we can't heal our buddies unless we hit people..can't even heal on boats....

We can't keep our pet alive or tame also. but mag can dom/tame...

We don't have any passive buff for being lib-damage increase/res stone/non agro to animals/dobule sac item

vs

Wl

we can't drain health

we can't cast land of the dead

We can't do a rotting gut hit/brains

We can't do truehit

Please counter if you can so maybe i missed out on some things when i don't remember that bl had advantage of.

I guess the penalties are less but we can't have variation vs 3 priests...we are stuck with one priest.

• Like 5

Bl needs another God :P (Insane one)

Not sure if meditation paths conected to scenario but like Fo is love, Vynora Knowledge, Magranon Power and libila Hate. for Insanity path there would be Insane God i think that would be nice addition

I think it could be like this:

Love, growth, life (fo) - opposite - hate, decay, death (a new god)

Wisdom, order (vynora) - opposite - insanity, chaos (a new god)

Power is allways the same, but can be used for good and bad.

Good = magranon. Bad = libila

Nathan would probably become another god of power. His spells will basically be the same as magranon, but perhaps with a different element (thunder?)

Edited by Ganken

Linking medatation and religion is silly, that's what caused the stupid erupt restrictions.

• Like 1

Enchantment view point

BL

We can't locate unless we go on a vyn somewhere off deed that can't move....

We can't get nimb unless we go on a vyn somewhere off deed...

We can't get a sperate coc/woa unless we go on a vyn somewhere off deed..

we can't cure our horses unless we go on a fo somewhere off deed...

we can't get LT unless we go on a fo somewhere off deed...

We can't get venom unless we go on a fo somewhere off deed...

We can't get a mag to collapse/reinforce tiles on deed.. or died when walking aroudn the caves...

We Can't get FA unless we go off deed somewhere.....

We can't get aosp unless we go off deed somewhere....

Vs WL

We can't get RT unless we go off deed....oh wait FA is clearly better...

We can't get bloodthirst unless off deed...

We can't cast web armour unless off deed....

Pvp wise-viable only spells

Bl we can't heal our buddies unless we hit people..can't even heal on boats....

We can't keep our pet alive or tame also. but mag can dom/tame...

We don't have any passive buff for being lib-damage increase/res stone/non agro to animals/dobule sac item

vs

Wl

we can't drain health

we can't cast land of the dead

We can't do a rotting gut hit/brains

We can't do truehit

Please counter if you can so maybe i missed out on some things when i don't remember that bl had advantage of.

I guess the penalties are less but we can't have variation vs 3 priests...we are stuck with one priest.

Lib is a combat priest hay look im good at this i should play as BL since this is the answer to everything about vyn or fo

Lib is a combat priest hay look im good at this i should play as BL since this is the answer to everything about vyn or fo

All priests are combat priests.

• Like 1

People are saying that this will make BL over-powered. What you fail to realize is they already use locate spells, they just use alts to do so. Which is dumb. They're not over-powered right now, they're just having to use an alt on a VPN to get their locates done, which is unnecessary and shouldn't be the aim of this game. Too many pay-gates.

Pretty much. The only change this makes is that instead of logging on a Vynora alt and fiddling with VPN nonsense, BLers get to use BL priests.

I really hope nobody here actually thinks that this game's balance is hinged upon the 15 seconds it takes to turn on a VPN.

• Like 2

Pretty much. The only change this makes is that instead of logging on a Vynora alt and fiddling with VPN nonsense, BLers get to use BL priests.

I really hope nobody here actually thinks that this game's balance is hinged upon the 15 seconds it takes to turn on a VPN.

dont think that is so much an issue but the fact that when ever BL go anywhere they are impossible to locate because they all have direct cast nolo due to normally have 2 priests with them at all time if not more since there is no down side to being a lib priest for pvp.  now let give them several locates with them at all times because again no down side to being a BL priest and what do we have a group that can find anyone AND can not be located them self's.  sounds balanced to me at lest being forced to use a WL priest limits the locates usefulness by not giving an exact location.

thats the issue bl has no VARIATION we are stuck with this. vs wl having to choose

EDIT:so bl can't have nolo and locate soul?

but if wl has a fo that can nolo and vyn that can locate that is balanced?

still 2 priests but one is screwed nice

Edited by shankiest

Linking medatation and religion is silly, that's what caused the stupid erupt restrictions.

I agree.

+1 its not lib vs. god, its lib vs. all gods so she should be more buff than others.

• Like 1

thats the issue bl has no VARIATION we are stuck with this. vs wl having to choose

EDIT:so bl can't have nolo and locate soul?

but if wl has a fo that can nolo and vyn that can locate that is balanced?

still 2 priests but one is screwed nice

People seem to forget...  the one nolo spell there that every BL priest has, renders locate soul 100% useless for 15 favor, lasting well over an hour easily.

There's a pretty huge difference in locating on an alt and a main.  The alt isn't going to be hunting people down, locating on the fly, homing in on wherever someone is, the main will.

+1

I just feel a bit weird that we are trying to bend the game to artificially create competition.

Edited by Issle

People seem to forget...  the one nolo spell there that every BL priest has, renders locate soul 100% useless for 15 favor, lasting well over an hour easily.

There's a pretty huge difference in locating on an alt and a main.  The alt isn't going to be hunting people down, locating on the fly, homing in on wherever someone is, the main will.

you seem forget fo has that spell also. Also that you always find someone to locate in the group. unless it's a 5 man group most likely you will get located unless you are all lib or all fo.

EDIT:second part no issue clearly not being able locate on fly like wl can is pretty bs

Edited by shankiest

If they give up another spell and it costs a bit more than Vyn then I can see it as alright suggestion, but im firmly against just giving it to Libilla as it leads to a slippery slope and combining 3 priest into 1 more powerful version.  Next thing you know will need goatshape, as you know they cant climb like a ninja, or need more enchants and oakshell................... etc etc.

Would prefer them to have a similar, but different spell rather than direct copy but can't think of anything atm.

Since Libila is supposed to be the opposite (and not a copy), cant we just have a diffrent "Nolocate" spell, the timer on it is already good, maybe increase its favor cost and make it a buff on players within the area?

If not, then maybe remove the "Nolocate" from wl, so that we can both cry that we need to use an alt to cast nocolate or locate? 

*Edit* Not that it really matters since we will never, ever, ever, ever and ever have a change on this.

Edited by Nocturnes

Just remove Locate Soul and Nolocate entirely as locating is a stupid addition to the game. <_<

Edited by Xallo

Meh, perhaps something that gives similar results as Locate but functions differently. Although Nolocate could still provide protection, either lesser or better.

For example before we had an option for priests to locate corpses, I recall suggesting having carrion birds circle the areas where corpses are rotting.

Edited by Klaa