Sign in to follow this  
Orb

Give Libila priests the locate spell

+1

The only REALLY good combat spells lib has are only useful in boat fights, and zombie trolls+mauls.(and land of the dead i guess)

Libila enchants are generally just bad, rt is less damage added then fb/fa, botd is the worst spell ever, wa is situational.

Adding a locate soul equivalent wont make them op, it would just allow bl to have the ability to actually find people.without having to use alts.

The only "weak" wl spells are the ranged target ones, and sure, buff those to rotting gut levels.

this wins for most inaccurate post of the year

Lets use current game mechanics instead, let us see a BL demigod that turns into a god and gives Locate soul to BL

That or a new god for BL all together.

Edited by thenewcndo

this wins for most inaccurate post of the year

Lets use current game mechanics instead, let us see a BL demigod that turns into a god and gives Locate soul to BL

I look forward to seeing that in the year 2025.

• Like 1

-1, been suggested a dozen time before, same reasons still apply.  

cause the valrei and demigod system work, right?

• Like 3

Could always create priest spell focuses; spells are divided into 3 or 4 spell sets, similar to what the priests have now, but with less overlap spells, and a priest of any god could select their spell focus. Leave the penalties and other benefits as they are, so there is still a reason to choose mag or vyn or fo for whitelighters, and have a lengthy cooldown or large penalty for changing focus (perhaps -10 to channeling? small penalty for new priests, but substantial for older, more experienced priests). Voila. BL has all WL spells, without being OP, WL has all BL spells, without being OP, and no one priest has any more spells than they do now, with a reason for having all types of priests still.

If you want access to the spells convert or make an alt, these idea about making them all same are terrible.  WL get access to 3 priest with different focus, hence more diverse (good and bad) spells.  BL get access to one with its own focus which is PVP damage and gets a good selection of those spells, they are generally stronger (scorn of libila), cost less favor (fungus trap, phantasms) and cast quicker than WL and with only 1 type of priest they can always link up favor.  

So i agree BL is less diverse as 1 instead of 3 but compared to one of them are stronger, need compare 1v1 not 1v3, they just for flavor.

And btw the nolocate spell BL get totally negates locate for around 1 hr 30 min and easy as hell to cast so I don't know why they crying, if they get it Fo would just nolocate everyone too when needed.  

Lets not forget the have access to archery (body control), bashing (op raids), lockpicking (op raids), mining (own gems), woodcutting (body stam), that enable them  to grind body stats each of the WL get screwed over in one way or another not BL.  unfortunately they miss out on freedom stuff, must be so upset.

Edited by Rushy
  • Like 1

I think we can all agree that the balance of priests needs to be looked at from an overall perspective. It would be nice if we could have the conversatoon without all of the negativity. And I do mean that sincerely.

• Like 1

If you want access to the spells convert or make an alt, these idea about making them all same are terrible.  WL get access to 3 priest with different focus, hence more diverse (good and bad) spells.  BL get access to one with its own focus which is PVP damage and gets a good selection of those spells, they are generally stronger (scorn of libila), cost less favor (fungus trap, phantasms) and cast quicker than WL and with only 1 type of priest they can always link up favor.  

So i agree BL is less diverse as 1 instead of 3 but compared to one of them are stronger, need compare 1v1 not 1v3, they just for flavor.

And btw the nolocate spell BL get totally negates locate for around 1 hr 30 min and easy as hell to cast so I don't know why they crying, if they get it Fo would just nolocate everyone too when needed.  

Lets not forget the have access to archery (body control), bashing (op raids), lockpicking (op raids), mining (own gems), woodcutting (body stam), that enable them  to grind body stats each of the WL get screwed over in one way or another not BL.  unfortunately they miss out on freedom stuff, must be so upset.

Scorn of libila is not that great of a spell. 23 favor instead of 30 for a pillar does not matter at all. Phantasms is not comparable to any wl spell, and is not even a spell with a use anymore, as it used to be anti minehop, but minehopping does not exist anymore.

Casting quicker is not true, comparable spells cast at the same rate.

Libila priests cant bash, and lockpicking is not op at all in raids, especially with the recent nerf.

Libila priests have access to all those skills because they are the only option for bl players.(and they have some strange restrictions)

Phantasms is OP as hell I don't even know how it works specifically but it wrecks your face, unless wanna run around like crazy and spilt from a group.  Spell like Ward, morning fog, Wild growth, humid Drizzle, Forest giant strength (BL version so much better), bear paws, Venom, genesis, holy crop are worse and would swap any of them for phantasms type spell or any damage whatsoever.  

Scorn of Lib is like Light of Fo but with damage aswell, might be a smaller heal but get damage to it.  BL spells are spammable and dangerous to boot. take a situation of 1 vyn, fo and mag vs 3 libilia priest, the diversity will screw them, BL supposed weakness is it greatest strength, they work well together with link and they wreck your face in.

OK give BL 2 more  priest with a focus on PVE, enchanting and convenience spells im all for it, but for the love of god don't buff them towards PVP.  

Introduce them as Libilia's retarded sisters and make one fat, be the classic 3 witches.  I would even let one have a locate spell.

Edited by Rushy

-1 libila priests are already OP, they dont need further unilateral buffing.

Let's make all priest a carbon copy, just like MMO's started doing. It will be fun they said.

It will be more interesting they said.

No need to balance priest. When the player chooses what type of priest they make. And I don't see BL dominating pvp servers because of there "overpowerd" priest. Each priest has unique traits ATM that require different situtations. Just how it should be.

Priest are fine as they are. There each unique and fill a very interesting roll, each tailored to something unique. I'm tired of carbon copy's, if you want that - find it elsewhere.

As for BL having a locate or not, I say it's probably the way it is as a restriction, can't have everything... But considering BL have no other priest, I wouldn't be against then getting it.

• Like 1

People are saying that this will make BL over-powered. What you fail to realize is they already use locate spells, they just use alts to do so. Which is dumb. They're not over-powered right now, they're just having to use an alt on a VPN to get their locates done, which is unnecessary and shouldn't be the aim of this game. Too many pay-gates.

• Like 6

People are saying that this will make BL over-powered. What you fail to realize is they already use locate spells, they just use alts to do so. Which is dumb. They're not over-powered right now, they're just having to use an alt on a VPN to get their locates done, which is unnecessary and shouldn't be the aim of this game. Too many pay-gates.

That is indeed an issue that should be addressed. Maybe giving BL a locate would be imbalancing, but a perfect balance between wl and bl abilities is needed for things like this, or people will end up using alts. Since people can easily use a proxy, GMs have no way of stoping this. Perhaps bl could lose something to gain this, or maybe the weak wl attack spells could be given a buff. I think a balancing update is needed. The priest system is full of errors that weren't noticed when they were first implemented several years ago. Improving by trial and error seems to be a good idea. This is a low budget indy game, so things wont allways be perfect the first time.

Edited by Ganken

Problem solved they already got it, just need to pay the dev and support the game great solution. Do you not think having WL abilities split between 3 different god causes problem and requires multiple accounts?

Im all for splitting up spells, but loading them all onto BL because they think having one god vs three is a bad thing is stupid.  Do they forget can only play one at a time?  It seems to me they picture an amalgamation of all 3 into one body which is what they trying to get for themselves.

You can't just pick the best bits of Mag, Vyn and Fo and say hey we need it cos like only 1 priest. Libilla Needs to be it's own thing not a combination of WL abilities.  Im sure Mag and Fo  want a locate, guess what it aint gonna happen unless they pay for another character.

Edited by Rushy

Remove pain rain and phantasm, give locate?

Problem solved they already got it, just need to pay the dev and support the game great solution. Do you not think having WL abilities split between 3 different god causes problem and requires multiple accounts?

S.

Im all for splitting up spells, but loading them all onto BL because they think having one god vs three is a bad thing is stupid. Do they forget can only play one at a time?

There is nothing wrong with alts, but its slightly game breaking when people have to use other kingdom alts in order to do things.

• Like 1

Remove pain rain and phantasm, give locate?

Maybe. Or maybe there is something else BL could part with to get locate.

Maybe fireheart could be buffed so it isn't useless.

Honestly, the best solution possible would be to split BL up into priest classes that are direct equivalents to the wl priest classes. It would put an end to the need for people to use other kingdom alts to do things.

But then, soon nathan will be a god... perhaps he could give spells that do the same exact things as one other priest class, but with different names. Otherwise, the system is going to get more and more imbalanced over time.

Ther needs to be a set system in place to keep balance, and to discourage people from using other kingdom alts. This system should be expandable in the future with each new god added.

Then of course there are the champions. If JK gets another set of em for nathan, how balanced is that?

This system is seriously messed up. Something should be done about it.

Edited by Ganken

I wouldn't mind giving BL locate if their OP spells are nerfed or a select few removed, ORRR, give a ( or spread amongst them) WL priest god matching spells

• Like 1

Scorn of libila is not that great of a spell. 23 favor instead of 30 for a pillar does not matter at all. Phantasms is not comparable to any wl spell, and is not even a spell with a use anymore, as it used to be anti minehop, but minehopping does not exist anymore.

Casting quicker is not true, comparable spells cast at the same rate.

Libila priests cant bash, and lockpicking is not op at all in raids, especially with the recent nerf.

Libila priests have access to all those skills because they are the only option for bl players.(and they have some strange restrictions)

Libla cant bash why can my priest alt do it??? I just bashed a minedoor with it

Bl needs another God :P (Insane one)

Not sure if meditation paths conected to scenario but like Fo is love, Vynora Knowledge, Magranon Power and libila Hate. for Insanity path there would be Insane God i think that would be nice addition

Edited by Masonas
  • Like 4

Phantasms is OP as hell I don't even know how it works specifically but it wrecks your face, unless wanna run around like crazy and spilt from a group.  Spell like Ward, morning fog, Wild growth, humid Drizzle, Forest giant strength (BL version so much better), bear paws, Venom, genesis, holy crop are worse and would swap any of them for phantasms type spell or any damage whatsoever. 

Phantasms is maybe kill you if you stand still like an idiot, instead of moving 1-2 tiles with a 50% chance of nothing happening to you.

Fo has light of fo, the best group pvp spell in the game, oakshell(humid drizzle+forest giant+bear paws can all layer on it making it stupidly hard to dispel+equip gear instantly on dispell)

Scorn of lib needs to do a stupid amount of damage to actually heal anything, and it does pretty bad damage.

And yeah, every god has a ton of useless/situational spells.

And i guess the bashing bit was cant catapult, not bashing, got mixed up.