Sign in to follow this  
Archaegeo

If you could only tell a new Wurm player one thing....

Mine would be:

"When terraforming remember the surface of the world is a tablecloth balanced on telephone poles and all you are doing is raising and lowering those poles."

• Like 2

I would tell them to read forum thread headers carefully so they post in the correct sections.   ;)

• Like 2

Play on Epic cluster. Why?. Because  I said so, and im biased. (but it really is better)

Edited by Rushy

"You are not prepared!"

"Welcom-- RUN!!!!"

"Don't forget t--..... "Shatter" ... Repair the saw.."

"Get off my lawn!"

"Good Luck. . ."

• Like 3

Don't piss off the first helpful person you meet they can save your life :D

• Like 11

Spend some time teaching yourself after a while you will see a lot of questions are stupid; "How do you make nails?" WIKI it
How do you make a campfire? "Wiki it

We all need to ask questions sometimes and sometimes we ask othersbasic things because we cbf wiki it, all good. But asking someone how to do every single simple thing when the infomation is already there.... No. Spend some time learning the game...

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 3

Spend some time teaching yourself after a while you will see a lot of questions are stupid; "How do you make nails?" WIKI it

How do you make a campfire? "Wiki it.

We all need to ask questions sometimes and sometimes we ask others thing we know they will know to save time, all good. But asking someone how to do every single simple thing when the infomation is already there.... No.

This annoys me a lot myself, and you usually have to tell them 3 times... A little common sense would be wonderful :3

• Like 1

I would tell them to read forum thread headers carefully so they post in the correct sections.   ;)

A million times yes!

As for some advice, Wurm is by far not Minecraft. Don't be deterred if it takes a while to get anything accomplished, Wurm is a lot slower than other games, so don't give up, just put your head down and grind away :)

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 2

(I'm going to run out of my 'likes' for the day...)

Think I'm near out myself... >_<

In almost any other game out there you are told what to do and how to do it.

Enjoy the fact that, since WURM is a sandbox, you have the freedom to do what you want and how you want.

Forget about min-maxing, about optimized blue prints or about "winning the game" and just have fun doing whatever suits you.

This will prevent you getting burned out, and will ultimately help you "win the game", since WURM is a marathon, not a sprint.

Oh, forgot something... don't quit like I did, sooner or later you'll regret it. ;)

Edited by AlexDunphy
  • Like 2

Cutting down the fruit trees in someone's perimeter and then building a fence around the area will not likely endear you to people.

In short, don't do in the game, what you wouldn't do in real life. There's no way in Hades you'd start digging a hole in someone's front yard or cut their fruit trees down for kindling. If ya did, they'd make you sixteen kinds of dead.

If I could suggest just ONE thing however, it would be this:

Wurm may be a game, but please don't forget to bring your brain with you when you log in. Have a nice day! :)

• Like 1

You have to be level 15 before you can queue for the first dungeon. :D

• Like 7

You have to be level 15 before you can queue for the first dungeon. :D

OMG lol!!! If you do that, please, PLEASE send me the chat log of the response! XD

I would not tell a new player anything unless they asked me a question. Even then, I may or may not reply depending upon the impression I get from the way they ask the question and what specifically they are asking about. Still, I am generally helpful if all the stars align within the constellation wherein I reside, which is generally pretty hard to reach on a dependable basis.

=Ayes=

See that plank? See that unicorn? Do not hit that unicorn with that plank! If you must, give me a minute to get some popcorn.

• Like 7

everyone i've met as new players. i always tell them to always ask questions.  i let them know to use the wiki and forums. but to not be afraid to ask un in game 99% of us have no issues helping out with questions. and a large number of us will even go and help them for a bit.

just a couple weeks ago i saw a returning player, on my server asking where to set up. after they found a deed. i knew they were starting over. but had the skills.  i jumped on a hrose and rod over. with a bsb,fsb.  food. seeds. barrles. and a few lands. and large nails.  so they could focus on building a home fast.  

i like trying to make everyone new or returning feel welcome and know were a community. in this game (hobby for some of us)

• Like 4

First thing I'd tell someone... here's the wiki, use it often.