Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

unknown sender

I am not sure but i think it is caused when someone has their cross server chat turned off. I got a COD today and the name was listed as "unknown sender".  Not sure if this was intended or not but thought i would let you know. It seems to me that we should be able to see the name of the sender no matter what their chat settings are.  

Edited by Kegan

well i would make sure that it wasnt sent by the player named "unknown" because there is a such an account.

i saw it  and though it could be related to retuned mail,where you are the sender

No it was from the right guy i had him in a pm and asked if it was what he had sent to make sure. I know he did not have his cross server chat on because i had to get him to pm me from a forum pm.

as i tested can confirm...  if u mail from other server and cod is 20c  then always got unknown....  if same server then its show name :D

I suspect that the "sender" data that goes with the mail is the database key to the player's account.  If that player has never been on the receiving server, it simply does not know about them, and cannot give you the corresponding name.

• Like 1