Sign in to follow this  
bowlin12

I want to see more fighting on elevation

I'm fairly new to wurm online and really like this game, PvP building and all that. I have one suggestion that may have already been voiced. Regardless.

I've seen little PvP in my past 2 months on elevation and I dont like it. I gathered some ideas from posts on the forum and thought that capping all home servers to ql50 materials would be a good step towards moving people onto elevation. If you want the best materials then you need some risk involved right? You could transport goods from elevation to your homeserver which would then be a way to entice PvP through raiders/pirating. This could then justify the CR nerf on home servers as the ql 50 will be rampant unless big alliances transported enough.

TLDR 50ql cap on home. More people on elevation, more PvP.

Or you could remove the CR nerf.

Discuss

Edited by Jberg
Moderation Edit

eh I though homeserver ores already capped to 50ql? And I think cr nerf more on deterring invasion to home servers, not making less pvp on ele.

There already is a 50QL cap on everything but iron for the home servers.

The iron cap was raised not long after server start because it effects the QL of doorlocks. The 50QL doorlocks were basically a free pass for anyone with even decent lockpicking. So the cap on iron was raised.

The lack of PVP on Elevation is mostly just timing for the last few months. PVP activity tends to run in cycles of very high activity for a few months with periods of nearly no activity.

The CR nerf is not all that hard to overcome. I would say it rarely effects the outcome of PVP for most engagements. You are either outnumbered/outclassed by a significant amount, OR you outnumber/outclass the enemy in such a way the engagement is almost predetermined.

The CR nerf mostly gives a false sense of security to an area encouraging more PVP than it hampers IMHO.

i do understand what you are coming with but the real solution has already come to, place all 4 servers on the same map as in extend the map boarders and move the islands in. this wont happen anytime soon because rolfs servers cant handle it.

I say time and time again, if you want people to flock to something, make that something more appealing, don't turn something else to crap as an incentive, that only serves to make people angry.

• Like 6

says the guy who camps a starter town and gets away with it.

I say time and time again, if you want people to flock to something, make that something more appealing, don't turn something else to crap as an incentive, that only serves to make people angry.

This.

Anyone who thinks capping things on home servers is delusional at best. I've seen people do things similar. Want me to tell you want happens? People don't move and go to the pvp... They QUIT.

The exact same will happen, instead they need to make elevation fun to be on for other reasons, and guess what? If pvps not enough to get people there. . . That should tell everyone something.

Anyhow, give elevation things that are fun to do, but not a advantage over home servers, that's going to be the correct way to go about it.

Though IMHO I think fixing Valrei would net you all a few players all by itself.... >_>

I believe he's talking about capping EVERYTHING, wood, rock shards, meat, grass, flowers, EVERYTHING, not just ore types. But Gary sums it up pretty well, add appeal, don't just nerf, or you'll only a) make people angry and B) make epic a shittier place to play, given the massive homeserver handicaps.

says the guy who camps a starter town and gets away with it.

Ummm, what? Are you just randomly accusing people of things now?

In the end the only realistic thing to get more ######, is not to make up some dumb thing or incentive, but just get more people on elevation by advertising wurm. 

I meant everything at 50ql. But yeah sorry for being uninformed. My idea was that the only way to get good quality anything was to go to elevation and transport it via ship to your home server. Or remove the CR nerf and people will bring the PvP to the home servers. Maybe make being on deed at home server give a CR boost but the wildlands of home servers should be equal

i dont know if you notice or not, people still raid home servers. elevation usually doesnt intervine unless its mrh. most of the homeservers can completely hold their own. cr nerf does make a difference but its not for ele to decide let the home server players go at it.

• Like 1

I just feel that pvp only happens every once in a while, if there were more people on Elevation there would be more things to raid/more people hunting gathering building fighting. Serenity has like 100+ players alot of the time where elevation has like 30ish on downtime. There should be a benefit on staying and crafting/gathering/ just being on Elevation so there is more PVP. With raids and the CR nerf don't you have to have more numbers than the enemy on home if you even want a glimpse of victory?

probably low pvp due to the mine door change...

Only like 5% of pvp on Elevation involved hops

I just feel that pvp only happens every once in a while, if there were more people on Elevation there would be more things to raid/more people hunting gathering building fighting. Serenity has like 100+ players alot of the time where elevation has like 30ish on downtime. There should be a benefit on staying and crafting/gathering/ just being on Elevation so there is more PVP. With raids and the CR nerf don't you have to have more numbers than the enemy on home if you even want a glimpse of victory?

You need to encourage people to want to pvp on Elevation, and nerfing them isn't the answer because Elevation still wouldn't seem appealing as evident of them not being here already

Why pvp on home servers then, there is plenty you can do on Ele. Hell go to hota, walk up to an enemy deed. Archerman may die alot but he makes pvps.

Why pvp on home servers then, there is plenty you can do on Ele. Hell go to hota, walk up to an enemy deed. Archerman may die alot but he makes pvps.

Well I heard that Hota is very one sided, and whoever fields the most which is usually JK wins and so nobody participates. And on Ele nobody roams because everyone hides or zergs. So that's why I want to fight people on home. Roll out with few numbers, maybe gank a few or get a solid fight from some people at their deed rather than a horde of players. I'm just a fan of small scale fighting and I've yet to see many on Elevation, so thats why im talking about how there should be more people encouraged to be on Elevation or the CR nerf should be removed. I mean this is Epic right? I heard there was a Freedom server with no pvp, I joined Epic with the idea of being scared at all moments of losing your gear if you didnt prepare or use your intelligence to make defenses to last the night. Maybe it's just my naivety to this game but I just assumed there were two clusters for a reason, One for people that want to play casually and without fear of loss. And those who play more "Hardcore" and more frequently for pvp and such.

Plenty of action happens on homeservers. Btw, you'll get more of a Zerg on homeservers than you'll EVER get on elevation.

Plenty of action happens on homeservers. Btw, you'll get more of a Zerg on homeservers than you'll EVER get on elevation.

And that should justify removing the CR nerf then. In my opinion the two options that will help PvP and it's stagnant state would be either to remove the CR nerf on home or do something similar to my idea in regards to real incentive to play on elevation

And that should justify removing the CR nerf then. In my opinion the two options that will help PvP and it's stagnant state would be either to remove the CR nerf on home or do something similar to my idea in regards to real incentive to play on elevation

I seem to recall it being said several times that it's not intended for pvp to be happening on home servers, however I'm too lazy to go find those posts.