Sign in to follow this  
Sklo:D

Subforum Account selling

Should there be a subforum for selling Accounts in each Market Forum?

Sometimes it is really hard to figure out which characters are for sale atm.

What do you think about this idea?

• Like 1

Yes.

Sounds good to me, should not be to hard to add the sub forms either.

Code Club takes a very lax stance on this as is, but I doubt they are interested in actively condoning it, so much as turning a blind eye to it for the time being. I'm part of the crowd that believes account sales should be prohibited, so an obvious -1 here from me.

• Like 1

Code Club takes a very lax stance on this as is, but I doubt they are interested in actively condoning it, so much as turning a blind eye to it for the time being. I'm part of the crowd that believes account sales should be prohibited, so an obvious -1 here from me.

Having been there and done that and come out the other side, I tend to agree with you

That's not topic in this thread pls keep it clean.

Edited by Sklo:D

-1  I dont think there should be a subforum for selling accounts.

-1 they shouldnt put effort in to things that dont profit them and what they are 'against' =)

It's good as it is atm.

Edited by silakka

No need for this. Quite apparent when accounts are put up for sale by thread title and not enough of them to justify a separate forum.

=Ayes=

Wurm staff usually turns a blind eye, for reasons of liability afaik (dont quote me).

A dedicated thread may be construed as endorsing the practice.

• Like 1

That's not topic in this thread pls keep it clean.

Yes, that is the exact topic in this thread, don't delude yourself. "Should Code Club more actively promote account sales via sub-forums" is the title of this thread, reworded for clarity. There's nothing 'unclean' about my post.

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 2

by that logic then its already endorsed by allowing them in the auction and wts threads...

There is a disclaimer, that is enough to void there responsibilities with account sales.

How would moving the already placed post be considered like this?

Seriously.......  

Side note: I do not really care if we can trade accounts or not, i have brought one account in my time in wurm and have no intention of selling it or any others I have made.

You just want to make more work for me that's what...

Anyways, I think it is fine with the current setup, which works just fine.

• Like 1

by that logic then its already endorsed by allowing them in the auction and wts threads...

There is a disclaimer, that is enough to void there responsibilities with account sales.

How would moving the already placed post be considered like this?

Seriously.......  

Side note: I do not really care if we can trade accounts or not, i have brought one account in my time in wurm and have no intention of selling it or any others I have made.

There's a difference between turning a blind eye, and endorsement through creating a specific area for them. With the current system, it's "We don't have a strong enough opinion to act either way, so as long as it does not become a problem...", with this it would be, "We condone the sales of accounts to the point where we have created a part of the forums specifically for doing so." In legal situations, this creates liability for Code Club where fraudulent transactions between players occur.

• Like 2

I love the idea, do it

Only thing i read these auctions/WTS for is rares and accounts.