Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Awesome Isle (formerly Union Island)

Greetings,

I wanted to let the people of Celebration know that the island is under new ownership.  Solmark purchased the island and it's deeds about a month ago now.  There's several of us living here and we're currently restructuring it.  The 3 deeds have been disbanded and one centralized deed erected.  This new deed, New Port Benden, has a gigantic perimeter that blankets about 98% of the island.  Our aim here is to create a nice town in the center and keep the remainder of the island as natural as possible.  We enjoy hunting and adventure and the best way to do this is to actually have natural land to roam.

We are asking that people please do not come and mine randomly, dig stupidly random holes, and clearcut the area as has been happening.  If you are in need of materials... just ask, we have an abundance and don't mind working something out.  In addition, please do not take horses... it's obvious we have quite a few, and if you're truly in need.. just ask.. we're nice folk.  There is no reason to steal.

We have deed settings correctly set, however, as many people do we've occasionally logged off in the perimeter.   It happens.  Just be nice, think if things were reversed... want your animals stolen?

Anyway, to sum this up.  Please don't feel you need to grief or steal from us, we're pretty helpful and don't mind giving you a hand or donating a few resources if that's why you came here.  We'd like to keep the island as beautiful as we got.  We encourage honest visitors, it's nice seeing new faces once in a while.  Come hang out and enjoy the fun.  There's usually a meal or few around, somewhere...!

Thanks so much for the understanding,

-New Port Benden Citizens

(Solmark, Nomadikhan, Lockehalfblood, Merp, Teahgara, Mikeguyver)

Edited by Nomadikhan

Thanks for the FYI!  I wish you guys the best of luck and maybe I'll come visit sometime :)  The stealing problem is indeed unfortunate but technically people aren't breaking the rules when they take animals from perimeter (as per the official rules):

(Animals and Livestock.
It is illegal to take, tame, or kill any animals in an enclosure not of your own, or any animals secured and fully fenced on a deed that you are not part of.
Enclosure is defined as a completely enclosed secured area, composed of fences (excluding hedges and woven fences), gates or walls, and attached to or surrounding a house with at least completed bottom level walls. The bottom level walls of any such house/s being part of the enclosure must be visible from all parts of the fencing encompassing the enclosure area. Note that a deed overrides the enclosure rule. )

It's unrealistic to enclose the entire island so I would suggest that you guys brand all your animals if you haven't done so already-that seems to be the best solution other than deeding the whole island.

if materials supplied, one might be surprised who would show up to help fence said island. who says it's unrealistic to fence it? wooden fence goes up quickly and doesnt take much mats . random guess, 15k tile boarders?

haha, yep We fully realize the perimeter is a grey area rulewise.  My post is just asking for people to use manors and the honor system.  We won't fence the island or wall it off, it's easy enough to fix the goofiness caused by noobs.

Most often we're online enough to catch anyone coming within local and we say hello, ask if they need help or are alright.  So the damage done is strictly when we're offline... sneaky peoples are sneaky!

Missing horses could have gone for a swim instead of being taken by passing players. I've had a (small) island myself (not fenced off) and I had to go hunt down horses which had swum off at least every other day... hated to see that mechanic in, but it is in. Sadly.  Next time you are missing horses, take out a boat and look in a wide circle around the island, you may be surprised.

Good luck on your island though, hope it works out (including the way that visitors conduct themselves) in the way you want it to be.

Edited by Kianga

I live beside you guys Brookhaven. Plus many deeds around there. I have seen many normal horses around. And a few named ones . I just leave them alone. Got enough for breeding .

If u want I could keep an eye out and drag them back. I'm not sure why they go out so far to swim. Wish they were limeted to five tiles if not lead on a rope.

I feel like you should just finish the name of Awesomesaucia island and be annexed into the Awesomesaucia nation. :P

I feel like you should just finish the name of Awesomesaucia island and be annexed into the Awesomesaucia nation. :P

lol, nah, we're our own conglomerate of deeds.  A little smaller now that we sold off 3 of them.  We're finally all living on the same deed once again!

I never said to leave your deeds :P The Awesomesaucia nation is a spiritual one, not a political one.  Requirements: Be awesome, and my endorsement!  haha.

Omgderp really needs her Merp.

Hun contact me in forum pm, you gots what I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.