Sign in to follow this  
Lancelot

Load /Unload

I love the addition of the load/ unload function, it's awesome. It's the best addition to the game since BSB's. Love it!! Great work devs!!

• Like 6

Load / Unload is nice, but crates is what makes it really awesome :)

Added: Now let us put animals on bigger ships!

Edited by bdew

wish the ability to load onto a ship was easier, seems I have to push a crate under the ship to not get the "you are too far away to do that" message then it's out of sight to target and load -_-

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more, though I wish I had the FC to make a wagon to use it more.

Works great for large carts, and wagons, but for boats, particularly the larger ones like the caravel and cog, needs some serious revision as to where objects are unloaded (shouldn't be directly underneath, 1 tile offset to the right, or left, would be best), and loading range (again, seems  a little short for the big boats)

If they unloaded to the PORT side of the ship it would be great.

You can unload from ship/wagon/cart to where you are standing.

For loading you can use the selection window-bar (not targeting window) , left click on crate , embark right click on the selection window and get the option to load cargo.

You can unload from ship/wagon/cart to where you are standing.

If this is true, this is a very nice solution, though I'd still prefer if ships unloaded 1-2 tiles to the side.

Update: Alliance mate just tested it and confirmed you can.

Edited by Arronicus

unloading yes, it unloads fine to where you are. I am also aware of the target window bit, but even with the target, one often gets the too far away when loading onto a ship. a more lenient loading dangerously be beneficial.

Boats need a way to toggle off wind influence and let the driver SLOWLY maneuver it around. The problem isn't loading its ship control.

You can build a loading platform that is many dirts above water level. You could unload crates right on the edge of the platform and and reach them from the ship. The real problem is positioning the ship.

A "sails down" option for large ships, which makes them move really slow and independent of wind, has been asked for MANY TIMES. Hopefully it will get some attention some day.

Boats need a way to toggle off wind influence and let the driver SLOWLY maneuver it around. The problem isn't loading its ship control.

You can build a loading platform that is many dirts above water level. You could unload crates right on the edge of the platform and and reach them from the ship. The real problem is positioning the ship.

A "sails down" option for large ships, which makes them move really slow and independent of wind, has been asked for MANY TIMES. Hopefully it will get some attention some day.

I've gotten pretty good at maneuvering a knarr without issue even in high wind, I think the key is to having your dock extend out a bit so you have lots of room to work with, however, sometimes you just really need to hop out, and push/pull a bunch, or drag. Unfortunately, dragging doesnt work so well with stuff in the boat, with the weight and all. I think it'd go a long way if you could drag a boat regardless of how full it was, at a slower speed, as long as you had the strength to drag it in the first place =/

The funny thing is that is exactly what I did the day of my first post because of how frustrated I was with trying to load. have a dock on mainland about 10 dirts taller now.