Sign in to follow this  
JamesR

CR nerf is too much (EPIC)

Hmmm i like the idea of the cr nerf to help low skill people.  Problem is not everyone that lives on a home server is low skill Cr bouns for fighting on your home server a 50+fs person should not apply.  still helps low skilled people but for established players on home server lets them get good fights instead of ZZZZzzzz murder fests. 

The only thing the CR nerf really does is make valrei creatures/animals stupidly deadly on enemy home servers.

Fix Elevation......-1 Stop trying to turn the Home Servers into the main PvP area.

Or how about this???  Delete Elevation and move each Kingdom on their own island?

All I see is more complaining, the home server isn't meant to be a hotspot for raiding and pvp in the first place.

if you suck that much on Elevation, then get better.

-1 to the idea, since any good group of players can fight through a CR nerf, (Polish guys, the actual real good part of BL)

and just because they are 'better' then you, they aren't, the polish guys weren't around for half as long as some of us, they just play the damn game and grind instead of complaining about the fact they can't get easy kills.

Zerging is a different problem, and from that standpoint, CR nerf still shouldn't be removed because of Zerging, because what of in the middle of the night, or early mornings? No zerging there.

--- Seriously, fight on Elevation where its supposed to happen and stop crying when your get your bum handed to you by a player thats better then you.

TL;DR: People complain because good players are there, when the good players sell their accounts some day, they are going to need a CR nerf again, keep the nerf.

I dont have anything against getting rid of CR nerf, there would be boom in pvp business and i'm for that.

This are pvp servers after all , not freedom. (seeing all those nice looking not protected deeds all over home servers it looks like sims not pvp game;p )

And I'm not complaining ,as we take advantage of CR nerf as many times as we are hit by it but its just stupid in my opinion.

Last thing, no matter how many raiders come the home server, home will have more people on . Instead of grinding 99 in toy making people would have to get organized and fight in the face of danger ... or get killed and raided.

As for the log off timer Im all in to forbid logging off on enemy servers.

• Like 1

I also have suggestions on how to make the game more realistic 

Divide players into castes, warriors and peasants ... and peasants do not have vote on topics pvp.   :D

Edited by Kuciak
  • Like 1

While being new to the game you can take my input as a grain of salt if you want but I feel that the Epic cluster is supposed to be the harder in the terms of survival and skill required than the freedom servers as there is the constant fear of being raided. Yet with the CR nerf there is almost no point in raiding ones home server because of the drastic disadvantage. And if it becomes to hectic for some players than they either should make more defenses on their deeds or go to freedom. Epic should be scary, everywhere.

I don't give a crap about wurm's pvp as it is, but. Isn't that how its supposed to be?

Sports have homefield advantage, invading countries is the same, its always harder to invade than to defend, Why would wurm be otherwise? Cause it makes your life harder when going out to pillage undefended deeds in home servers?

Bah.

And Ganken, it won't increase PvP. Affliction sometimes has less players than the tutorial server online. To have more PvP you need more players, and to have more players you need a actual balanced pvp system, this would be a step away from that.

Actually you have natural advantage in home servers...    Total amount of players online vs small group of raiders without re spawn point and supplies

• Like 1

I don't give a crap about wurm's pvp as it is, but. Isn't that how its supposed to be?

Sports have homefield advantage, invading countries is the same, its always harder to invade than to defend, Why would wurm be otherwise? Cause it makes your life harder when going out to pillage undefended deeds in home servers?

Bah.

And Ganken, it won't increase PvP. Affliction sometimes has less players than the tutorial server online. To have more PvP you need more players, and to have more players you need a actual balanced pvp system, this would be a step away from that.

Balanced pvp you say, and what is not balanced in not having CR nerf its actually more balanced that way.

Your home-field advantage is supposed to be your deed !!! Not mentioning your alliance and stuff.

You cannot compare 4x smaller server with mrh and jkh - what you expect having 100 bl's on those tiny islands? where ,underwater ? (Besides there is major difference between free for all and whats on the other servers)

And it would increase pvp, there is a lot not high end chars that would go pvp if it was fair on home servers.

Why worry about the cr nerf. Home servers now have enough defenders your gonna die there regardless.

• Like 1

Unless you're me and fev. :) i have always been about making elevation more attractive rather than changing the homeservers. But i agree that elevation needs more pvp/players.

Got two new accounts right now without a lot of skills. I'm also on JKH. Have been there for 2 months and haven't seen the enemy at all. Not even slightly worried about PvP at this point because the enemy won't come over only to get their ass handed to them. May as well turn the home servers into freedom cluster islands at this point.

As someone who has recently moved to elevation and joined a heavily pvp oriented group I know exactly why the group I'm in will rarely, if ever, raid home servers, it's because nothing you have is worthwhile to take.  Doesn't matter if there is a CR cap or not.  Now on the other hand if my group was interested in purely griefing people, then not having the CR nerf would really be helpful in that respect.

The good thing about Wurm is that most of the playerbase doesn't rip apart peoples bases just to rip apart peoples bases, but there is a small minority of Wurm players who love making people cry.  The CR nerf is in place to, at least, deter those negative players from ravaging home servers.

Your argument is invalid, I stopped raiding precisely due to the CR nerf and I know many others who have as well. The CR nerf isn't needed and as said earlier, most home server players never even see an enemy these days.

I think most people love raiding home servers because most home server deeds aren't really set up for defense.  You don't see 300 slope dirt walls on home servers and it's not a common thing for players to live on a mountain on home servers.  On Elevation though, 90% of the deeds are very hard to raid because they're built that way.

I don't live on a home server, but the nice thing is if I ever feel like I need a break from the constant oppressed feeling on Elev I can move back to my home server and relax for a while.

• Like 1

Object, I believe you are talking straight out of your ass here.

Maybe that might have been the case a year or more ago, however, there is plenty on the home servers, if not more, that is worthwhile raiding. With the exception of Glimmer/Addy items, the stuff on home servers is likely of better QL and with higher casts. Speaking mainly from experience with playing on both Elevation and Serenity, and having held some substantial accounts on both servers, the statement that there is nothing worth taking on home servers is flat out wrong.

• Like 1

I say time and time again, if you want people to flock to something, make that something more appealing, don't turn something else to crap as an incentive, that only serves to make people angry.

Object, I believe you are talking straight out of your ass here.

Maybe that might have been the case a year or more ago, however, there is plenty on the home servers, if not more, that is worthwhile raiding. With the exception of Glimmer/Addy items, the stuff on home servers is likely of better QL and with higher casts. Speaking mainly from experience with playing on both Elevation and Serenity, and having held some substantial accounts on both servers, the statement that there is nothing worth taking on home servers is flat out wrong.

there is nothinh worth raiding on home servers except pissing people off and force updates from rolf for lols.

Everyone knows JKH and MRH are freedom servers and in turn all that live on them are technically a part of the freedom cluster. And being part of the freedom cluster they get preferential treatment from Rolf and the devs. It is never going to change because if they actually had to pvp or defend themselves they would cry to rolf so hard that he would drown in a river of WL tears. Which would eventually flow down to WL tears bay providing nourishment for the BLers that inhabit DSC and all the surrounding villages. And we can't have BL being nourished.

• Like 3

Everyone knows JKH and MRH are freedom servers and in turn all that live on them are technically a part of the freedom cluster. And being part of the freedom cluster they get preferential treatment from Rolf and the devs. It is never going to change because if they actually had to pvp or defend themselves they would cry to rolf so hard that he would drown in a river of WL tears. Which would eventually flow down to WL tears bay providing nourishment for the BLers that inhabit DSC and all the surrounding villages. And we can't have BL being nourished.

currently our tear factories have some extra barrels that need filling

• Like 2

currently our tear factories have some extra barrels that need filling

Are you a whitelighter? Do you have an over-abundance of tears building up? Then you should consider adopting a starving blacklight child. For mere tears a day you can sponsor little propheteer here. Your tears will go towards food, armor and weapons. Just look at him, he is skin and bones. So please consider sponsorship today!!

• Like 3

Is anyone even crying, like I don't get the point in crying about people crying that aren't crying.  It's just stupid.

+0 on the topic though, don't really care enough about pvp on home servers

LOL now that's really the most innacurate thing said in this whole thread. Since when does freedom have preferential treatment? Do you even look at patch notes?

LOL now that's really the most innacurate thing said in this whole thread. Since when does freedom have preferential treatment? Do you even look at patch notes?

Hear, hear... and amen.

PS - WL is your care bare kingdoms, come to BL for true hardship and challenge!   :P  

+1 for nerfing freedom. And BL. 

+1 for nerfing freedom. And BL. 

lol... still looking for that content which Freedom can use and Chaos/Epic can't...

Besides, thought this thread was about PVP issues on the Home Servers, not PVE vs. PVP arguments.

For the original topic, if you need to go to the Home servers for your PVP fix (which is assumed since you're complaining about the CR nerf specifically).  Might be better to ask for ways to change to the PVP on non-Home servers to make it more attractive to those not venturing off of Home.

Or are you really just wanting easier Home server raids and not actual PVP?

• Like 2

lol... still looking for that content which Freedom can use and Chaos/Epic can't...

Paint fountains, duh! And uhhh.... ummm... Well, there's farwalker amulets, but if we got far walker amulets on Epic, there would be riots ending in Rolf's horrible horrible death. So paint fountains. Paint fountains for epic! Or we'll make you guys take BL!

• Like 1

Or are you really just wanting easier Home server raids and not actual PVP?

That's actually more the point imo.

When I first started playing and Serenity was getting hammered daily by TK groups the mantra was all about JK not defending themselves, and we had the cr nerf advantage so why didn't we? The critics actually had a point, but it's always been easy for experienced players to dump on people who still didn't really understand the game and how it could be played. It's also until recently been easy for experienced players to take advantage of new/inexperienced players because yeah....they have played longer and know more...duh.

Now the home servers actually fight back....and usually win.....we are getting the calls to nerf the cr bonus. Go figure.

The problem isn't on the home servers it's on Elevation. For many reasons the way Elevation is doesn't promote huge amounts of pvp, and that's what needs fixing. I think it was Gary mentioned somewhere that rather than come with negatives, it would be better to make more inducements. If there is enough reason, and potential gain, from fighting on Elevation people would do it more. 

This isn't the thread for it but there have been many all around the same topics. People say they want more pvp, but they mostly (Archerman notably excepted) really only want it if they can win. Deeds are unraidable, or incredibly difficult and time consuming to attempt.....risk vs reward is such that people usually stay away unless the risk is tiny.....it is a mostly a rather static, entrenched, environment. There are always exceptions, but these don't seem to occur often enough to keep people happy. 

Simply opening up the home servers so they are once again free kills and plunder for people who already have the experience, skills, and time advantages will just drive people out of the game though, and solve nothing.

Edited by Heboric
  • Like 7