Sign in to follow this  
JamesR

CR nerf is too much (EPIC)

Get rid of the crap already on the home servers. It's not needed anymore.

• Like 4

Expected some sort of explanation. Don't know why I even clicked this.

Expected some sort of explanation. Don't know why I even clicked this.

^

Besides, we have this thread x......4 now?

We do have a lot of threads on this but it just re-affirms the change is needed. People want it and it's ridiculous. It makes PVP/Raiding less likely and ruins the entire Epic experience.

We do have a lot of threads on this but it just re-affirms the change is needed. People want it and it's ridiculous. It makes PVP/Raiding less likely and ruins the entire Epic experience.

Your epic experience, Not those that hug the home servers. :o

While being new to the game you can take my input as a grain of salt if you want but I feel that the Epic cluster is supposed to be the harder in the terms of survival and skill required than the freedom servers as there is the constant fear of being raided. Yet with the CR nerf there is almost no point in raiding ones home server because of the drastic disadvantage. And if it becomes to hectic for some players than they either should make more defenses on their deeds or go to freedom. Epic should be scary, everywhere.

• Like 1

You should check the forums more often buddy.

This particular thread was the most funny one about the topic.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/92210-high-time-to-remove-cr-nerf-from-homeservers/?hl=nerf

*Grabs popcorn and watches another thread about how to kill the casual PVPer's interest in Wurm.*

Edited by Farmerbob

*Grabs popcorn and watches another thread about how to kill the casual PVPer's interest in Wurm.*

Yeah, lots of casual PvP going on isn't there?

People want it and it's ridiculous. It makes PVP/Raiding less likely and ruins the entire Epic experience.

Which "people"?

I see most complaints about lack of PvP on Elevation because of <insert from 1 to whatever here>

You won't fix that by continual whining about the home servers.

Yeah, lots of casual PvP going on isn't there?

Actually probably a lot more than you realize...:)

I bet you live on a home server and don't PVP. Move to freedom if you don't want PVP.

Did I hit a nerve?

Did I hit a nerve?

No, but I want to see a counter-argument from you since I haven't seen one yet. It's all fine and well to say CR nerf is needed without giving any actual evidence or reason as to why you think it is needed.

Your epic experience, Not those that hug the home servers. :o

People who want home servers to be raidless and no PVP should try freedom.

Edited by PopeTyphon

We've gotten plenty of pvp on JKH, And thanks to the cr nerf are able to bring nooblets along.

• Like 1

The only people who want this are people with an already established pvp skill set.  No new person is going to say "I want to be randomly ganked by invaders with 10x the FS/wpn/shld skill as me.  The problem is not the CR nerf, the problem is the shortage of effective reasons to go out pvping in general.

Also attacking casual pvpers or carebears on epic is a complete joke, there are a lot of the casuals or even non-pvpers who live on Elevation and contribute to the pvp experience either by making gear, breeding horses or adding more defenses.  Pvp on Wurm isn't as one dimensional as some people would like to believe, there are a lot of many facets to what pvp entails on this game and running around smacking people with a sword is only one of them.

I predict that if they remove the CR nerf on home servers no, or very very few, new players will come to epic and actually stay.  The playerbase will stagnate and you'll probably get a whole lot of existing players leave while asking for a solution from the dev team.

No one wants home servers to be raidless, they just want to feel slightly more safe then on elevation, nothing wrong with that.  I've also been on freedom for a long time now, it's boring as hell.  I may not want to be killed daily but I sure as hell don't want to remove any chance at all of losing my stuff in a raid.

The only people who want this are people with an already established pvp skill set.  No new person is going to say "I want to be randomly ganked by invaders with 10x the FS/wpn/shld skill as me.  The problem is not the CR nerf, the problem is the shortage of effective reasons to go out pvping in general.

Also attacking casual pvpers or carebears on epic is a complete joke, there are a lot of the casuals or even non-pvpers who live on Elevation and contribute to the pvp experience either by making gear, breeding horses or adding more defenses.  Pvp on Wurm isn't as one dimensional as some people would like to believe, there are a lot of many facets to what pvp entails on this game and running around smacking people with a sword is only one of them.

I predict that if they remove the CR nerf on home servers no, or very very few, new players will come to epic and actually stay.  The playerbase will stagnate and you'll probably get a whole lot of existing players leave while asking for a solution from the dev team.

No one wants home servers to be raidless, they just want to feel slightly more safe then on elevation, nothing wrong with that.  I've also been on freedom for a long time now, it's boring as hell.  I may not want to be killed daily but I sure as hell don't want to remove any chance at all of losing my stuff in a raid.

Got two new accounts right now without a lot of skills. I'm also on JKH. Have been there for 2 months and haven't seen the enemy at all. Not even slightly worried about PvP at this point because the enemy won't come over only to get their ass handed to them. May as well turn the home servers into freedom cluster islands at this point.

Got two new accounts right now without a lot of skills. I'm also on JKH. Have been there for 2 months and haven't seen the enemy at all. Not even slightly worried about PvP at this point because the enemy won't come over only to get their ass handed to them. May as well turn the home servers into freedom cluster islands at this point.

Move to the west, the fun is there.

Saw this morning a ship with BLs.

This would increase pvp, but the structure of home servers would have to change a bit. They would change to the advantage of large gank raiding groups, which would be bad for new players and spread out towns. New players would decide to quit more often, and veteran players on some of the spread out home server deeds would lose their towns without the CR nerf to protect them. Only the most highly defended deeds would remain, and people would be forced to cluster together into larger towns in order to stand a better chance.

I'm all for an increase in PvP, but not with the cost of an entire group of players being denied of what they want. The developers agree, which is why they wont do what this thread is asking. Compromise between home server dwellers and raiders is the only way anything will be done in this situation. Otherwise, this post is a waste of time and data space.

Some sort of compromise seems like a good idea here. Something that gives raiders some advantages, but still protecting noobs and towns from overnight gank raids.

Also, escaping from elevation to your home server is no different than escaping into a mine door in my opinion, so maybe there should be something that prevents people from escaping to home servers while being chased? Not just by being targetted, but maybe if you have enemies X tiles away, you can't cross. That is one way of improving the PvP situation.

Edited by Ganken

Your argument is invalid, I stopped raiding precisely due to the CR nerf and I know many others who have as well. The CR nerf isn't needed and as said earlier, most home server players never even see an enemy these days.

All I see is more complaining, the home server isn't meant to be a hotspot for raiding and pvp in the first place.

if you suck that much on Elevation, then get better.

-1 to the idea, since any good group of players can fight through a CR nerf, (Polish guys, the actual real good part of BL)

and just because they are 'better' then you, they aren't, the polish guys weren't around for half as long as some of us, they just play the damn game and grind instead of complaining about the fact they can't get easy kills.

Zerging is a different problem, and from that standpoint, CR nerf still shouldn't be removed because of Zerging, because what of in the middle of the night, or early mornings? No zerging there.

--- Seriously, fight on Elevation where its supposed to happen and stop crying when your get your bum handed to you by a player thats better then you.

TL;DR: People complain because good players are there, when the good players sell their accounts some day, they are going to need a CR nerf again, keep the nerf.

Edited by Zwei
  • Like 2

CR nerf really doesnt matter its the numbers you have. if you are going to get zerged go in with a small group and ninja a few peeps and run like hell(roam) or bring 3-4 knarrs and hit a old deed and no one will defend it(raiding)

the problem is live local maps and the server stats!(being able to tell when ppl cross)

• Like 1

Meh personally the CR nerf on Home servers is fine as is. Heck its been going longer than Epic has even existed. Time-tested

Considering the lack of logoff restrictions for raiders on enemy home servers, and ore QL cap of 50 on all but iron on home servers, the CR drop on home servers seems fine as is to me.

Edited by Arronicus